• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 17

Right call on the yellow but does feel harsh as he was trying to get away but Green was pulling him over the ball

I meant you get the 5m lineout without having to actually kick the ball out now.
Yeah feel like that was an amendment a number of years ago, if there's a penalty at a lineout you can repeat the lineout without needing to kick for touch again

Dan John's played really well
Thought the mid game interview about him/Hodge was pretty damning on Hodge, basically said they picked John because he's not stupid and can pass haha

Win and we're in,
Simple as

Other than it being Sarries at home in their final (league) home game while they're chasing a home playoff and it's Farrell's last game 😬

Yeah feel like that was an amendment a number of years ago, if there's a penalty at a lineout you can repeat the lineout without needing to kick for touch again
This - 4-5 years now?
You don't see it very often though, and the players (and indeed ref.s) often seem to just forget

and the players (and indeed ref.s) often seem to just forget
Pretty sure that happened in the game last night - we had a penalty at a 5m line out, kicked the corner again and the ref went up to ford and said he didn't need to do that

Pretty sure that happened in the game last night - we had a penalty at a 5m line out, kicked the corner again and the ref went up to ford and said he didn't need to do that
Same in Newcastle, Bath were bringing Gallagher up to kick back into the corner and Foley pointed out that it was unnecessary.
I'm sure I've also seen ref.s forget (I guess, you're still allowed to kick if you choose to, so maybe they remembered, and shook their heads in mock despair)

Screenshot_20240511_195215_Samsung Internet.jpg
BPs and PD will be key now, Chiefs 93, Quin -9 Bristol 119. Sale on 16, we could end up with multiple teams on 54 points.

This season is insane. Could bath end up outside the top 4? They get zero and Quins and Chiefs get 5 then maybe? Actually Quins PD is to low i think.

I think games won is the 1st tie breaker, so if Bath get nothing and Chiefs get 5pts then Chiefs would go ahead

Edit:
In the case of equality at any stage of the Season, positions at that stage of the season shall be determined firstly by the number of wins achieved and then on the basis of match points differential. A Club with a larger number of wins shall be placed higher than a Club with the same number of league points but fewer wins.

If Clubs have equal league points and equal number of wins then a Club with a larger difference between match points "for" and match points "against" shall be placed higher in the Premiership League than a Club with a smaller difference between match points "for" and match points "against".

Should two Clubs have the same number of league points and the same match points difference, the Club having scored more match points "for" shall be placed higher in the Premiership League than the Club having the lesser number of match points "for".

If the above does not establish different Premiership League positions then the Club in the higher position shall be the Club that has achieved the higher aggregate match points scored by it in the same season against the other Club.

If this still does not establish the position then the Club who has won the most matches, excluding its first Premiership League match of the season, then its second Premiership League match and so on, until it can be established which the higher placed Club is

Could bath end up outside the top 4?
We could finish as low as 6th, mathematically.
We ought to finish 2nd or 3rd, depending on Sarries vs Sale.

Sarries are guaranteed top 4, so they might, just might, take things a little easier.
Given a home game, and that losing would make it the last home game for Farrell and Vunipolae, that's even more inconceivable than Bath dropping to 6th.

I think games won is the 1st tie breaker, so if Bath get nothing and Chiefs get 5pts then Chiefs would go ahead
It is, it's whether Quins can overtake us that starts requiring a bit of maths.
Bath currently 76 up on the PD, but to be even on points, would automatically lose 8 or more of that, whilst Ex would automatically be scoring 4 tries and running up a reasonable score (though not necessarily a reasonable PD).

Same in Newcastle, Bath were bringing Gallagher up to kick back into the corner and Foley pointed out that it was unnecessary.
I'm sure I've also seen ref.s forget (I guess, you're still allowed to kick if you choose to, so maybe they remembered, and shook their heads in mock despair)
Seen it a few times today and not really noticed it before.

Sarries firing some shots.

Quins looking exhausted.

Gloucester a complete embarrassment to themselves and the league.

Still cannot believe that Chiefs won yesterday and making the payoffs is actually a possibility, although i will be fuming if sarries do put a weakened team out vs Sale and lock out the top 4 pretty much. If everyone goes strong then i think we have put ourselves in a strong position and if Sale pull it out the bag and beat Sarries then it will be well deserved

Last edited:
Still cannot believe that Chiefs won yesterday and making the payoffs is actually a possibility, although i will be fuming if sarries do put a weakened team out vs Sale and lock out the top 4 pretty much. If everyone goes strong then i think we have put ourselves in a strong position and if Sale pull it out the bag and beat Sarries then it will be well deserved

They are playing for a home semi spot at home with it being Farrell et al's last home game. They will be going full bore.

We need to turn Tigers over at Welford Road and break a poor away record. Got
to keep the confidence from yesterday and play with that spirit*. I would love to be in that Friday night Semi final at Franklin Gardens. Win or lose, that's a great place to be.

*I've read somewhere that we only need 4 points but can't remember where. That would help!

They are playing for a home semi spot at home with it being Farrell et al's last home game. They will be going full bore.

We need to turn Tigers over at Welford Road and break a poor away record. Got
to keep the confidence from yesterday and play with that spirit*. I would love to be in that Friday night Semi final at Franklin Gardens. Win or lose, that's a great place to be.

*I've read somewhere that we only need 4 points but can't remember where. That would help!
Assuming Sale lose(or we're screwed) if us and Quins both win and end up on same points we will be ahead from games won, if we get 4 and Bris win and get 5 then they will be ahead on PD. So we get 5 and Sale lose we win.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Assuming Sale lose(or we're screwed) if us and Quins both win and end up on same points we will be ahead from games won, if we get 4 and Bris win and get 5 then they will be ahead on PD. So we get 5 and Sale lose we win.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts