• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2008 Transfers

T

The TRUTH

Post all your club's new signings in this thread.

Waratahs[/u]

Timana Tahu (NRL)
Luke Burgess (Brumbies)

Terrible news for the Reds:

Chapman signs with the Brumbies

Rising Australian lineout ace Mitchell Chapman has left the Queensland Reds after signing a two-year contract with the Brumbies.

Chapman's decision comes after the Reds made a desperate late attempt to keep the Brisbane product in Queensland after 28 Super rugby matches in three seasons.

The 24-year-old flanker was the leading Australian lineout receiver in the Super 14 this season, behind only Springbok and Bulls lock Victor Matfield.

Chapman, carrying a shoulder injury which appears set to end any World Cup hopes with the Wallabies, will renew acquaintances with Brumbies mentor Laurie Fisher who coached him in the Australian U21s.

"The Brumbies have a great record of getting the best out of their players," he said.

"It's proven to be a virtual Wallaby factory and it's a great opportunity to see how far I can develop my game in the Brumbies program and hopefully push for higher representative honours."

"They [the Brumbies] play a very appealing brand of football and I'm looking forward to playing alongside the likes of Mark Chisholm, Al Campbell, Jone Tawake and Stephen Hoiles and contributing to the ongoing success of the Brumbies."[/b]

Can we not just leave the poor ******** alone! :wall:

The Brumbies dont need anymore loose forwards, they already have Hoiles,Smith,Salvi,Tawake,AWH etc..

Although not yet confirmed but it looks like the Blues coaching job may be up for grabs.

Rumours flying around in Auckland is that Nucifora is likely to replace John Connolly after the RWC...... and former Ireland coach and Chiefs Asst. coach Warren Gatland is the front-runner for the post.

Stay tuned for more news folks..

Yep - Gatland said the only job he is interested in now that the Cheifs gave Foster an extension is the Blues.

Former Wasps and Ireland boss Warren Gatland has hinted he is interested in taking over as coach of Auckland Blues.

Current Blues chief David Nucifora is being strongly linked to replace Australia coach John Connelly, who is set to step down after the World Cup.

Gatland, the Chiefs assistant coach and Waikato's Air New Zealand Cup winner, would prefer to open contract talks with his current employers.

But he admitted that the only Super 14 job he was interested in was with the Auckland franchise after current Chiefs boss Ian Foster extended his contract.

"I've had talks with a couple of clubs in Europe and a Super 14 franchise and I've said to them my preference is to stay in New Zealand and hopefully do a deal with Waikato," the former All Blacks hooker told The Sunday News.

"The Blues is something I would think about. I wouldn't be interested in going to the South Island."[/b]

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,...2123804,00.html

Come to the Big Smoke Warren Boy.

Nick Evans is moving back to the Blues from the Highlanders. He went to Otgao cos he didn't get a chance to play #10, but now that Spencer is gone, and McAlister playing at 12, Evans should now walk into the #10 jersey.

Great news for the Blues.

Waratahs wing/centre Chris Siale has signed a one year deal with the Reds.

Reds building some nice depth in the backs, Tahs lose yet another promising youngster.

i hope we(auckland) get david smith and waqueseduadua...so much good talent..id rather them sit around in the blues reserves and sub on for roko or dougie then waste there time doing all the glitzy glamor work for there teams down south

Morgan Turinui (Tahs) to Reds

Veratau (Reds) to Japan or free agency

Reds Backline is too stacked

<div class='quotemain'> Morgan Turinui (Tahs) to Reds
[/b]

Thats not confirmed yet is it?
[/b][/quote]

Yep, it was on fox sports news, also Veratau is a family freind and he is being dropped to make room for new signings, possibly Siale and Morgan - ormaybe more i hope not, not everyone will get game time, when they could be starters in ACT or NSW

Watching Veratau when he was at the Brumbies, he looked very promising. He made a huge mistake in going to the Reds. He's had little game time and when he has gotten on, he hasn't lived up to his potential. Yet another former Brumby who is wasted at the Reds...

Tim Atkinson (what is he doing)
Julian Huxley (thank god he returned to Canberra)
Veratau...

Also, is Ben Coutts still up there at the Reds. Looked good at the Brumbies and this year he looked alright in a red jumper in the Super 14.

Bloody hell, Evans moving to the Blues, doesn't bide well for the Highlanders attacking potential...

I don not understand why the blues got evans because they got McCalister that can play flyhalf and at center they got other lads that are good

Good question there McLaren... there's a few answers to your questions...
for mine it comes down to the point that McAlister is being groomed for the 12 jersey, if NZ does not provide a consistant spot for him at top level in the 10 or 12 jersey, we will lose him to the Euro.
Nick Evans is being groomed as the backup 1st5 for the AB's, in the business of NZ Rugby his best place is in Auckland, in that way both power house clubs (Blues and the Crusaders) have consolidated their 10's.

Watch Nick, the guy's brilliant.
Shame for the Highlanders as he's been a good player for the club, but for most Kiwi's - to se him at the Blues is far more better than seeing him or not see him play for some bullshit northern team.

Expect a BIG year from the Blues in next years Super14, Nacewa now has a license to any where in the backline... Blues will be dangerous.

Force have signed former Brumbies flanker Tamaiti Horua!

Great signing, good to see him back in OZ.

Latest posts