• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2008 Transfers

Congratulations to Tamaiti! It's great to see him back in Australia. I don't know how big a role he will play at the Force, but the Brumbies were stupid to let him go. He was truly becoming a class player.

Who would he be replacing though at the Force? Is Pusey still there next year?

Great to see Ioane coming back to the Reds, I saw him play at schoolboy rugby and saw him score!! Haha Turinui, hes hopeless, shows how desperate the Reds are.

Is Nucifora the new Reds coach?

I don not understand why the blues got evans because they got McCalister that can play flyhalf and at center they got other lads that are good [/b]

OK!! First of all, the Blues didnt approach him. Evans himself indicated that he wanted to move back to Auckland because of his family, so playing for Auckland & the Blues was the only logical thing.

Secondly, McAlister has signed a contract to play for Sale after the RWC. His departure sees us weakened at 10 so Evans is a timely & worthy replacement.

its ashame to see mcalister go, i enjoyed watching his running game allways breaking the line, but evans can also slither through a gap his a really fast flyhalf

Jannie Du Plessis will done the Black and White next year and play alongside his little brother.

There were rumours about CJ van der Linde and Juan Smith following Jannie to the Tank, but I guess those were just rumours. I really hope we secure the signature of Peter Grant. He's a local boy and he'd really slot in, in place of Butchie.

Sharks Backline for 08:
9. R.Pienaar
10. P.Grant/F.Michalak
11. H.Mentz/O.Ndungane
12. B.Barrit
13. W.Murray
14. JP.Pietersen
15. F.Steyn

Sound decisions to leave a country on the downfall whlie the rand is at its weakest.

Juan would make more than adequate replacement for AJ. An eye for an eye, a freestater for a freestater. I dont think Keegan is big enough to fill to tie his laces nevermind fill his shoes.

It's really sad to see all the Boks leaving for Europe.

But being a Shark supporter glad to see that Michalak will apply his trade in the Black and White

If you guy's had a choice to trade any northern hemisphere player who will it be?

If you guy's had a choice to trade any northern hemisphere player who will it be?[/b]

I would choose either shane williams (wales), colin charvis (wales), brian o'driscol (who wouldn't want him, ireland), sebastian chabel (france, big farmer guy!), Chris Paterson (scotland), Jason White (scotland) well thats all i can think of off the top of my head oh maybe phil vickery (england) but i personally would get some Islanders like lome fa'atau (samoa), Maka (tonga), saolosi Tagifekibau (or howeva you spell his name, samoa) and thats all for know let me know what you guys think

Ali Williams to the Crusaders. Nice replacement for Chris Jack.

As for any northern hemisphere player, I'd pick either Paul O'Connell to lock with Ali Williams or I'd pick Shaun Lamont to take the place that Rico Gear has left. Although ideally I would rather have Sivivatu or Joe Rocokoco.

<div class='quotemain'>
Ali Williams to the Crusaders. Nice replacement for Chris Jack.
[/b]
All the more reason to hate the Crusaders :) [/b][/quote]

He's a wonderful addition, but to be honest we'd be perfectly fine without him. Issac Ross and Kieran Reed have All Black written all over them and Chris Patterson looks absolutly outstanding. However, I'm still loving the fact that Williams is making his way south to the most successful professional franchise on the planet.

He's a wonderful addition, but to be honest we'd be perfectly fine without him. Issac Ross and Kieran Reed have All Black written all over them and Chris Patterson looks absolutly outstanding. However, I'm still loving the fact that Williams is making his way south to the most successful professional franchise on the planet.

[/b]
I know a Michael Paterson who plays for Canterbury...does Chris play for Tasman??

Pretty old news, but has anyone heard the rumour about Carter going to the Blues?

Something to do with his girlfriend having a job in Auckland.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I know a Michael Paterson who plays for Canterbury...does Chris play for Tasman?? [/b][/quote]

I got some Patterson's mixed up, my bad. I meant the Patterson that ran wild for the Crusaders during the first part of last years super 14. Which would be Michael.

I did post this in the other thread but Matt Carraro has gone from the Brumbies to the Waratahs.

I'm assuming the Brumbies didn't have a spot for him because they signed Tyrone Smith - George Smith's brother.

In regards to Tamaiti Horua - there was simply no room for him with Smith, Tawake, Heenan, AND Salvi in the squad. Horua had already lost the backup no. 8 spot to Tawake in 2005 (when Fava was there) with a pretty average season.

Anyways, I think he'll do good for the Force. They don't really have many quality experienced forwards.

As far as I know the Brumbies squad for next year is looking something like this (I won't specify positions due to the amount of utility players) -

Shepherdson, Henderson, Ulugia, Maafu
S Faingaa, Edmonds
Chisholm, Campbell, Wallace-Harrison, Chapman
G Smith, Hoiles, Tawake, Salvi

Holmes, Phibbs
Huxley, Lealifaano
Mortlock, Fairbanks, A Faingaa, T Smith
Ashley-Cooper, Gerrard, Rathbone, Fainifo, Playford

I think there's a couple of signings I'm forgetting, but the team isn't finalised yet.

Latest posts