• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2008 Transfers

Were the Brumbies giving Franky's brother Solomona a contract?
[/b]

I doubt it. He could hardly crack a spot in the Vikings squad.

Don't quote me on that though. But I have a feeling that the Brumbies have already got enough outside backs for next year.

I heard O'Neill giving the possibility of each state allowed to sign 2 islanders in there team, which would be bloody awesome.

Reds lost Ben Mowen to the Waratahs.

Former All Black and Crusader Brad Thorn has left the Brisbane Broncos to rejoin the Crusaders. Apparantly movtivated by the fact he played in two losing finals and never won one.

Reds have to do well next year. This is what the team will be like

1. Holmes
2. Moore
3. Blake
4. Horwill
5. Mcmenimen
6. Croft
7. Gilbert (Possibly give him a go, good talent, with Mcverry leaving to Japan)
8. Roe
9. Cordinly
10. Barnes
11. Scicoske/Hynes
12. Turinui/Cooper
13. Johannason
14. Ioane
15. Latham (Hopefully if not Scicofokie can slide down here)

They havent updated the Reds Squad but I reckon thats the best team I think. Please do well

What do u guys think of transfers like habana into the crusaders-or giteau into the sharks-think it'll mess up the practice towards the tri-nations or strengthen southern hemispheren rugby?

Sharks have Stephan terblanche back from france.

Yeah but it seems or new import just wants to head butt the opposition...

Stefan Terblanche was playing for the Ospreys!!! Latham is goin to Worcester too, it seems like the Reds have dropped standards they used to have a pretty decent back line... Sailor, Tune etc... whats gone wrong?

Just with the Aussie teams some transfers..

Clinton Schifcofske (Ireland), Chris Siale, with most likely Andrew Walker leaving, Lloyd Johannason will probably leave and Turinui is most likely to leave unless he gets a Wallaby callup which he should not get :ranting: </span>

Just with the Aussie teams some transfers..

Clinton Schifcofske (Ireland), Chris Siale, with most likely Andrew Walker leaving, Lloyd Johannason will probably leave and Turinui is most likely to leave unless he gets a Wallaby callup which he should not get :ranting: </span>

[/b]
I really feel for the reds. This year inlcuded, they've had the player roster to make the final for years but through injury and unperformance this hasn't been able to be achieved. The outgoing players is a massive worry and I really can't seeing next year or the one after that or the one after that being any different unfortunately. I suppose the next few years may be seen as a rebuilding stage for the reds.

Some positives but the player drain has killed us in the past 5 years. We really could've done with David Pocock but saying that new flanker Tasi Poutafi definetly has potential. Again a future superstar like James O'Connor could've easily blended in well with the Reds backline but wouldnt be much room with Cooper, Barnes and new signing Anthony Faingaa whos also an inside center. Would he be able to play Outside?

Who would fit into the fullback roll?

I could probably see it again, 2-3 injuries resulting us getting shat on again..

I need an explaination please...if a new zealand player signs for a european club (byron kelleher for example) why can't he play for the all blacks anymore?

The NZRU doesn't allow it. It's that simple. There are many reasons for why the NZRU doesn't allow it, but to be honest my mind is not capable of thinking at the moment.

The NZRU doesn't allow it. It's that simple. There are many reasons for why the NZRU doesn't allow it, but to be honest my mind is not capable of thinking at the moment.
[/b]
ok I understand!perhaps it's the only way to keep close some of their most talented players

With the annoucement of Aussie teams being able to sign two foreigners into the teams please keep an eye out who gets signed and post it here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlos @ Aug 22 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Aug 22 2008, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The NZRU doesn't allow it. It's that simple. There are many reasons for why the NZRU doesn't allow it, but to be honest my mind is not capable of thinking at the moment.[/b]
ok I understand!perhaps it's the only way to keep close some of their most talented players
[/b][/quote]

Well you have some exceptions, doesn't Carter has a special contract which allows him to play for the AB's.

I read somewhere he's going overseas for 1 season and then is coming back.

Anyway, I think this system has it pro's and con's.

Latest posts