Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madrid

• New York

• Moscow

• Total voters
There's a lot more sports in the Olympics, Equestrian, Softball, Football, Archery, Volleyball, Modern Pentathlon, Kayaking, Basketball, Sailing, I'm sure there's others
but in the Commonwealth games they have sevens, bowls, netball and squash.

Badboy, it doesn't look too good for New York, they seem to be having problems with the site for the stadium. It may be hard for you to accept but it looks like the French will get it.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 21 2005, 11:23 AM
There's a lot more sports in the Olympics, Equestrian, Softball, Football, Archery, Volleyball, Modern Pentathlon, Kayaking, Basketball, Sailing, I'm sure there's others

Badboy, it doesn't look too good for New York, they seem to be having problems with the site for the stadium. It may be hard for you to accept but it looks like the French will get it.
<
why do u say it could be hard for me?

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 20 2005, 11:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 20 2005, 11:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Feb 21 2005, 11:23 AM

<
why do u say it could be hard for me? [/b]
could it be some previous comments wanting the French to lose?
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Feb 21 2005, 11:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 21 2005, 11:33 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 20 2005, 11:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Feb 21 2005, 11:23 AM

<
why do u say it could be hard for me?
could it be some previous comments wanting the French to lose?
<
[/b]
u got me
<

Think of the positives, if you want to go to the games it's easier to get to Paris than New York.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 21 2005, 11:45 AM
Think of the positives, if you want to go to the games it's easier to get to Paris than New York.
to be honest im goin to move 2 london ...so id prefer london to host now
<

my first choice is still new york anyways
<

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 21 2005, 11:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 21 2005, 11:10 AM)</div>
Originally posted by woodie@Feb 20 2005, 11:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Badboy
@Feb 20 2005, 11:50 AM

The most important thing to me now is to understand which are the sports of the commenwealth games?

same as olympics give or take one or two.
are there cricket and rugby? [/b]
COMMONWEALTH GAMES :
Aquatics
Athletics
Badminton
Basketball
Boxing
Cycling
EAD Events
Gymnastics
Hockey
Lawn Bowls
Netball
Rugby 7s
Shooting
Squash
Table Tennis
Triathlon
Weightlifting

I think New York still has a change due to the fact that America eats up the Olympics and if you want a successful games you'll host em there.

I don't think current American foreign policy will do them any favours, same applies for London.

will see.... All I can say is with the low turnout in Greece which wss quite sad really I think the Olympics is gonna have to start looking at where it can be made profitable.

YAY, Means the sailing will be 10 miles away from me, so i will be watching that....

Atleast there will be many Australians to see us dominate the mother land.

What's the deal with the Olympic site planned for London? Is it going to be mainly temporary?

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 6 2005, 01:48 PM
What's the deal with the Olympic site planned for London? Is it going to be mainly temporary?
Who knows? Knowing our government it will be unorganised, unplanned and unfinished by the time the Olympics come round.

Well Tony Blair has won the bid for London today after spending 4 days lobbying in Singapore, (as well as the quality of the bid) whereas Chirac only arrived yesterday and has all the charisma of a bucket, plus sticking Cherie Blair's ugly mug in your face and asking for a vote will make you say yes so she'll just go away. Have to feel sorry for Paris, that's a 3rd failure since 92, what do they have to do to get the Olympics. Either way I'll be able to go to the Olympics in 2012, Beijing might be too much oif a trek.

So... The government can't afford to build new hospitals (and actually close them down in some cases), the education system is streached to breaking point, there's only 1 policeman for every 500 streets in some towns because of the lack in funds...

But London can afford a £3,000,000,000 cock-wave while the rest of England suffers again.

I f***ing hate Labour.

Oh, and for the "It'll inspire more kids to play sport" arguement, wasn't it this government that banned competitive sport in schools?

YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSS

Can't wait for this it's going to be f***ing awesome.

Dunno what's better, us winning or the French losing?!

Latest posts