• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 ACC] Round 1

Two scrum penalty tries! That'll do for me :)

Caught the last 3mins of the game, so disappointing to see us not get the bonus point try - not sure why Cipriani threw that last pass, even if it got to the winger he'd have been tackled into touch.
Ah well, a convincing win with a strong forward performance, can't ask for more than that.

Congrats Olyy!! Could have and should have been a lot more for one reason or another.........................

Shows the importance of the 2nd rows - he had both Ostrikov and Kulemin in the donkey row, as opposed to the usual Mills/Paterson combination.

I've seen him with several different lock pairings and he always looked awful before.
I guess he's another to benefit from the law changes.
Which is good considering how much stock Wig has put in him.

Hmm, I disagree. He's always looked better with Ostrikov behind him, i.e. at the end of last season (and tonight).
Think Ross Harrison is one to watch, though. Looking better and better each game, and only 21. Think he'll be the better of the two between him and Henry.

Helps too when you have a pretty naff front row and two young second rows (both barely 20) against you.......do not take it that I am taking anything away from your guys but do not get carried away on their performances in this match there will be greater tests ahead!! Loved the 2nd rows charging try from about half way though!!

Last edited:
1392613_10151896080278270_137182884_n.jpg

Bucharest Wolves:

15. Catalin Fercu
14. Madalin Lemnaru
13. Robert Dascalu
12. Paula Kinikinilau
11. Stephen Hihetah
10. Valentin Calafeteanu
9. Florin Surugiu
1. Constantin Pristavita
2. Eugen Capatana
3. Petru Tamba
4. Johannes van Heerden
5. Valentin Poparlan
6. Daniel Ianus
7. Viorel Lucaci
8. Stelian Burcea (capitan)

16. Otar Turashvili
17. Alexandru Tarus
18. Vlad Badalicescu
19. Andrei Bucurescu
20. Adrian Ion
21. Ciprian Caplescu
22. Florin Vlaicu
23. Csaba Gal

Newcastle Falcons:

15. Tom Catterick
14. Ryan Shortland
13. Adam Powell
12. Alex Crockett (cap)
11. Sean Brown
10. Joel Hodgson
9. Chris Pilgrim
1. Rob Vickers
2. George McGuigan
3. Oliver Tomaszczyk
4. Fraser McKenzie
5. Sean Tomes
6. Chris York
7. Mark Wilson
8. Harrison Collins.

16. Kieran Brookes
17. Gary Strain
18. Scott Wilson
19. Dom Barrow
20. James Fitzpatrick
21. Warren Fury
22. Rory Clegg
23. Noah Cato

Bath team vs BB:

15 Gavin Henson

14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Ben Williams
11 Tom Biggs
10 George Ford
9 Martin Roberts
8 Carl Fearns
7 Francois Louw (c)
6 Alafoti Fa'osiliva
5 Will Spencer
4 Matt Garvey
3 David Wilson
2 Ross Batty
1 Anthony Perenise
Replacements
16 Eusebio Guinazu
17 Paul James
18 Juan Pablo Orlandi
19 Ryan Caldwell
20 Will Skuse
21 Peter Stringer
22 Ollie Devoto
23 Tom Heathcote

Why didn't the ref go upstairs to look at the punches when Louw asked him to? He said something but I didn't catch it.
That's, at least, a yellow Bordeaux got away with then.

Edit:

Not a bad showing from Bath. They never really looked like losing, however they'll be very disappointed not to get a try. Spent so long in the BB 22m, but didn't manage to finish anything.

Last edited:
He said none of his touch judges said anything so he wasn't going to check.
It was definitely a red - at least 2 clear, intentional punches directly to the face.

Fortress Oynnax gains momentum...........................Worcester can only draw!! Well done the Oyonnaise!!!

That's a really poor result for Oyannax. Worcester are muck this season, Oyannax really should have expected to win at home.

Survival in the Top 14 is more of interest to Oynnax than the Amlin..................!

You could say the same for Worcester.
Oyonnax really should have had them.

You could say the same for Worcester.
Oyonnax really should have had them.

Neither team gives a stuff about the result. The pool stages of this tournament can be dire at times. There is essentially one two legged playoff place in each pool. Probably Sale vs Biarritz in this instance.

Wow, Bucharest almost beat the Falcons at home! 12-13...

Do a lot of the Romanian test players start for Bucharest? That might explain something.

Neither team gives a stuff about the result. The pool stages of this tournament can be dire at times. There is essentially one two legged playoff place in each pool. Probably Sale vs Biarritz in this instance.

And then a Heineken Cup drop-out will win the tournament anyway. Another reason nobody cares.

Wow, Bucharest almost beat the Falcons at home! 12-13...

Do a lot of the Romanian test players start for Bucharest? That might explain something.

Yes, there are many test players in the team (and some of them, such as fullback Catalin Fercu, are really good). But it's a scratch squad made up from players from different clubs that is being used for development purposes. Its main goal is to test young players for the national team and to make various positional experiments (for example a scrum half was used at 10 yesterday to see if he can be a solution for that position).

Still, Bucharest Wolves can get the odd win against Western teams. They have beaten Agen last year and yesterday it took a penalty in injury time for Newcastle to win in Bucharest by one point.

Last edited:

Latest posts