• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 12

If Kvesic was being coaches by the Sarries team, he'd probably be playing outstanding. Great athlete and potential, being let down by a poor structure at Glos.

If Kvesic was being coaches by the Sarries team, he'd probably be playing outstanding. Great athlete and potential, being let down by a poor structure at Glos.

No doubt about that

But there isn't room for sentiment we need to pick the best players available to us

I was really hoping glos would play well this year with the amount of quality back they have along with a large England contingent

No doubt about that

But there isn't room for sentiment we need to pick the best players available to us

I was really hoping glos would play well this year with the amount of quality back they have along with a large England contingent

Certainly, but I think going into an England game with a week or so of direction from Rowntree would be fantastic for him.
I still have enough confidence in his ability as an individual to stay ahead of the other back row candidates.

Certainly, but I think going into an England game with a week or so of direction from Rowntree would be fantastic for him.
I still have enough confidence in his ability as an individual to stay ahead of the other back row candidates.

I have confidence in his ability too

It's a big shame he doesn't play for saints or tigers or anywhere with a team with a big tight 5

Sometimes I feel players need to find their form with their clubs but I'm not sure that that will work for him considering glos are so crap at the moment ....

I wouldn't even say he's out of form though... he just can't shine because his team is under so much pressure that all he can do is make tackles and carry ball into well set defenses.
And to be fair he's doing that admirably well considering he is in a side that looks like it simply doesn't give a **** for the most part.

Saracens have been simply brutal at scoring tries like the Strettle one this season - the "one way" tactic.
I'd wager that more than half of their tries have come from it.

Sarries have such good faith in their system and they are drilled so well that they know that they just need to stick to their systems and not try too hard and their pressure will tell.
They are almost the exact opposite of Clermont from the last HEC season - where you knew they would basically smash the **** out of you for about 20 minutes at some point in the game - whether it was in the first half or the second.
And either they scored 30 points and they had won or you survive within a score and could claw your way back against a tired side.

I wouldn't even say he's out of form though... he just can't shine because his team is under so much pressure that all he can do is make tackles and carry ball into well set defenses.
And to be fair he's doing that admirably well considering he is in a side that looks like it simply doesn't give a **** for the most part.

Saracens have been simply brutal at scoring tries like the Strettle one this season - the "one way" tactic.
I'd wager that more than half of their tries have come from it.

Sarries have such good faith in their system and they are drilled so well that they know that they just need to stick to their systems and not try too hard and their pressure will tell.
They are almost the exact opposite of Clermont from the last HEC season - where you knew they would basically smash the **** out of you for about 20 minutes at some point in the game - whether it was in the first half or the second.
And either they scored 30 points and they had won or you survive within a score and could claw your way back against a tired side.

Totally agree on the one way thing. In fact I think the fact Strettle is the premierships leading try scoring speaks volumes. He isn't the kind of player who can bosh defenders or score tries out of nothing, running from deep. What he's good at is holding his depth out wide and taking advantage of an overlap. I think the majority, if not all, of his tries have come that sort of move.

Totally agree on the one way thing. In fact I think the fact Strettle is the premierships leading try scoring speaks volumes. He isn't the kind of player who can bosh defenders or score tries out of nothing, running from deep. What he's good at is holding his depth out wide and taking advantage of an overlap. I think the majority, if not all, of his tries have come that sort of move.

Probably why he hasn't played well for England as they simply do not make overlaps

Probably why he hasn't played well for England as they simply do not make overlaps

Well exactly. He's not a real 'finisher' which is something most successful England wingers of recent years have had to be. We rarely make overlaps and usually when the ball goes wide our wingers have some work to do, be it stepping back on the inside and beating a man or two, gasing the last defender or just wriggling over the line.

He also showed on the Argentina tour that he can't do it reliably for England!

No doubt about that

Best players are not necessarily the most in form though. I'd like Wallace in the squad, but I would also show faith in Kvesic. I don't feel that his talent or will have gone, the coaches should keep involving him and seeing how he reacts in the England environment. That is the most important thing.

Best players are not necessarily the most in form though. I'd like Wallace in the squad, but I would also show faith in Kvesic. I don't feel that his talent or will have gone, the coaches should keep involving him and seeing how he reacts in the England environment. That is the most important thing.

I'm a fan of him too think he has plenty to offer and his skillset can't be denied . I think we need a mix of skills in the squad so we can play differently depending who we play . Wallace and Kvesic definitely bring that

Bath are looking good...

Could do with a Bonus Point win today ;-)

Very happy with the performance so far.

Only worry is our lineout inconsistency - we're good when we can actually take it though.
My imagination or is it working every time it get's thrown to Attwood... possible communication issue with Hoops?

Latest posts