• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 9

Yep. As in every other game he's played. :(

Savage is also playing worse than ever. Kalamafoni is playing okay, which is a stark contrast to the heights of last season. Qera was nominated for player of the Premiership last year, but can't get into the XV this season. James is playing good but not being included. Hudson improved our lineout a lot, but isn't doing a whole lot else. Kvesic could be playing a lot better. Stooke's doing well for his age, at least. The only success story in the pack imo. Don't mind keeping Wood and Britton, but the rest of the front row should be replaced.

Twelvetrees is the only player in the running for Gloucester's MVP, whereas Trinder, May and Cook have been good too.

Did not rate Kvesic but where was Morgan...........he was on the team sheet as 8 for Glaws but did not see him during the match.........has he become Mr Anonymous of Gloucester?
Yep. As in every other game he's played. :(

Savage is also playing worse than ever. Kalamafoni is playing okay, which is a stark contrast to the heights of last season. Qera was nominated for player of the Premiership last year, but can't get into the XV this season. James is playing good but not being included. Hudson improved our lineout a lot, but isn't doing a whole lot else. Kvesic could be playing a lot better. Stooke's doing well for his age, at least. The only success story in the pack imo. Don't mind keeping Wood and Britton, but the rest of the front row should be replaced.

Twelvetrees is the only player in the running for Gloucester's MVP, whereas Trinder, May and Cook have been good too.

Which is why I thought the praise the BT (Leicester) commentators were laying on the Tigers was pretty ridiculous.
I think the play-offs are looking further from their grasp with each passing round.
Most fans gave up on the playoffs rounds ago. At this point, I think most will happily settle for 8th or so.

Oh yeah. I've had two alcoholic beverages, so that makes me slightly incompetent apparently. :p

I feel really bad every time Glos come up in conversation now. I don't want to slate their pack all the time, especially when j'nuh is around, but really their tight fife is awful. Rats is tight, Stooke is the only ray of sunshine in an otherwise brown world of prop and lock mediocrity. No wonder everyone playing in the back row is looking average.

Keen to see how the Wasps game pans out today.

Strange in the Exeter game: Johnson is wearing 6 and Ewers 8, but Johnson is packing down at 8.

Edit: Wow what a try by Welch! Thought he'd grazed the touchline, but replay shows he's fine.
Outstanding!

Last edited:
I grew up west of London and at various times went to Wasps, Quines and Irish games depending on which club was giving the side I played junionr/colts rugby for free tickets. Early 2000s was a bit depressing for Irish, although there was the Powergen Cup in 2002. I guess the closest they've come to 'glory' was 2007-09, couple of runner up placings and getting close to the Heineken Cup final.nO

Not the stuff of legend.

Latest posts