• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 3

Ulster fringe defence remains as strong as ever I see...

edit: Held up twice, nothing from the scrums twice, this will not end well.

Last edited:
Terrible performance by Leinster. Glasgow win by 6 but it should have been closer to 20.

If only our kicking game had been up to scratch. Disappoint stuff on that end from Glasgow. I'm now hoping to make the return leg at the RDS when it comes around.

The Scarlets have the best/worst case of 'fit them in the team at all costs' I've ever seen.
Perfect example is back row. Shingler, McCusker, Turnbull are all blindsides, yet they start all three of them them because they are their three best flankers. The facts that they are missing many skills together doesn't matter. Same with the backline. Jordan Williams is a talented fullback, so is Liam Williams. But they need a kicker so push them out wide because wing is the same as FB... No, you don't develop fullbacks on the wing. They are two entirely different positions. Develop a fullback at FULLBACK. Shingler needs to play to kick, but we want Scott Williams (an outside centre) and Jonathan Davies (an outside centre) to play, so put them together in midfield and push Shingler to fullback. Genius. Should habe just say **** it to 8 and kept George in the team and played him there. My suggestion for a Scarlets backline:
Gareth Davies, Rhys Priestland, Kristian Phillips, Steven Shingler, Jonathan Davies, Frazier Climo (once available, otherwise Aaron Warren/Kyle Evans), Liam Williams; Rhodri Williams, Jordan Williams, Scott Williams

Goalkicking is fine with three starting and another on the bench. All positions are covered within reason (Jordan 10/15, Scott 12/13, Steven 10/12/15, Liam 11/14/15) if subs are needed early on.

Hassler a try three minutes into his first start!!!

Hopefully he can nail a starting spot for the big games as the season goes on. For a winger who was a newcomer to the game, he seems to have a good technical understanding of angles, weak shoulders and support play.

Latest posts