• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 Currie Cup] Round 10

lol, that was done just to **** my Lions friend off playing in our pool, will get my 1 point though, waiting for his reaction

The Bulls have done it in the past it's true. Remember in SR they beat the Reds 92-3 or something silly like that to make up the ridiculous points difference.

This board would be a lot better if we had some Cheetahs and Lions fans on here regularly.

Last edited:
Guys, the big story this week, off course, is Jacques Botes getting the record for most Currie Cup games played. He's currently on 142, tied with Helgard Muller, and will get his 143rd appearance when/if he comes off the bench.

Guys, the big story this week, off course, is Jacques Botes getting the record for most Currie Cup games played. He's currently on 142, tied with Helgard Muller, and will get his 143rd appearance when/if he comes off the bench.

Maybe for a Sharks supporter... Not such a big deal if you ask me... My question would be, why did it take so long to surpass the record??

I think the bigger story for the week is the surprize return of Johan Goosen.

Maybe for a Sharks supporter... Not such a big deal if you ask me... My question would be, why did it take so long to surpass the record??

Long? It took him 11 years while Helgard Muller needed 15.

Ehm, don't mean to pry or anything, but in the years Helgard Muller played, the Currie Cup consisted of 12 rounds which is pretty much similar to the later years when Botes played and had 10 to 14 games a season. Also, Botes started playing when he was 22, Muller was 20. All in all, Botes has been a legendary servant of Currie Cup rugby with almost no injuries (and unfortunately no Bok call-ups) to account for his many, many games.

It's an amazing feat to break this record.

Ehm, don't mean to pry or anything, but in the years Helgard Muller played, the Currie Cup consisted of 12 rounds which is pretty much similar to the later years when Botes played and had 10 to 14 games a season. Also, Botes started playing when he was 22, Muller was 20. All in all, Botes has been a legendary servant of Currie Cup rugby with almost no injuries (and unfortunately no Bok call-ups) to account for his many, many games.

It's an amazing feat to break this record.

Lol, I'm just joking Zeke!!

It's a fantastic record, and Jacques has been such a stalwart for the Sharks. One of the few guys that has been underrated year in and year out... A real nice guy too

agreed, fabulous guy, check his try scoring record in the S15 - one of top try scorers of all flanks, pity he is relatively short otherwise he would have been a Bok long ago

That is music to my ears. Where did you hear that? As far as I've been reading it's Watts starting with Willie du Plessis and Piet Lindique the back-up backs?

EDIT: Also, Botes is a class player and deserves the honor thoroughly. Should have been starting more games in SR for the Sharks as far as I'm concerned.

Only way for the Bulls to make the play-offs is to win by at least 12 points, score 4 tries and deny the Cheetahs any kind of bonus points. Sounds like the Springboks - All Blacks last week.

Only way for the Bulls to make the play-offs is to win by at least 12 points, score 4 tries and deny the Cheetahs any kind of bonus points. Sounds like the Springboks - All Blacks last week.

Yeah... If there's one team that can do it, it's the Bulls... But I don't think the youngsters have what it takes yet...

Well, it's not happening. 22-7 win for the Cheetahs who scored 3 tries, with the last one coming after a red card for Schalk van der Merwe.

Stormer and Gena... Congrats! WP unbeaten and well-deserved to be top of the log.

Next week will be Western Province - Transvaal and Natal - Free State

I just love the old names much more than the animal names

Same to you Sharks fellas, probably see you in the final as well
Bulls sadly fell off badly this season and the last game just emphasized it

Latest posts