• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 EOYT] Tonga/Samoa/Fiji

It's so very obvious that you haven't my friend, Georgian game is VERY different from what it was during the world cup.. the team has changed the whole tactics and plays a passing game instead of classic old Georgian scrum an smash. forwards and backs both improved in quality except the halfbacks...

9 and 10 are the weak spots of the team and are about 10 years behind everyone else in quality. our performance on set pieces will depend on the side we can get and how long they will have to practice together before the test... I can't wait to see how we fare with such a strong team. the hardest part of the game would be keeping up with speedy Samoans since Georgians honestly are not the fastest of the bunch.

lol okay, didn't say it wasn't "so very obvious". Let's see those improved backs this Tour then...
they've got Canada, US and Samoa at home. With your knowledge of the current Georgian squad, how many victories do you predict at home then ? Do you feel they have a (good) chance against Samoa ?

lol okay, didn't say it wasn't "so very obvious". Let's see those improved backs this Tour then...
they've got Canada, US and Samoa at home. With your knowledge of the current Georgian squad, how many victories do you predict at home then ? Do you feel they have a (good) chance against Samoa ?
I wasn't trying to poke fun at you sorry if it came out that way lol

no so far we've been playing way worse than we did on the world cup :/ coaches decided for some reason not to use our forwards as much and experiment with backs.... which in my opinion is a TERRRIBLE idea.. but they say in the long run that will benefit us more because backs will learn how to play -_- only thing I'm hopeful about is our defensive work which has been getting better game after game. I would say we have a good chance vs US and Canada but Samoa I don't know, mostly because I Haven't watched them play since the world cup

If Georgia has a full strength squad id predict
Georgia 60% vs 40% USA
Georgia 30% vs 70% Samoa
and 50/50 vs Canada I'm hoping home advantage will tip it towards us.

however if coaches decide to go nuts and keep experimenting again(we hate those experimental lineups) i doubt we will even get to score a try -_-

ImScotty
Backs depend on halfbacks really in games where 9-10 decided to show up whole Georgian back line turned into a very impressive force which makes me think that other backs can step up and play a faster game if they have people who can lead them well... but that only happens in 1 game out of 10 because of lousy and unpredictable Halfies.

j'nuh

Yes sharikadze is one of the best backs we've had in a long time but we need more like him if we are to get anywhere near the likes of samoa.

I wasn't trying to poke fun at you sorry if it came out that way lol

no so far we've been playing way worse than we did on the world cup :/ coaches decided for some reason not to use our forwards as much and experiment with backs.... which in my opinion is a TERRRIBLE idea.. but they say in the long run that will benefit us more because backs will learn how to play -_- only thing I'm hopeful about is our defensive work which has been getting better game after game. I would say we have a good chance vs US and Canada but Samoa I don't know, mostly because I Haven't watched them play since the world cup

If Georgia has a full strength squad id predict
Georgia 60% vs 40% USA
Georgia 30% vs 70% Samoa
and 50/50 vs Canada I'm hoping home advantage will tip it towards us.

however if coaches decide to go nuts and keep experimenting again(we hate those experimental lineups) i doubt we will even get to score a try -_-

ImScotty
Backs depend on halfbacks really in games where 9-10 decided to show up whole Georgian back line turned into a very impressive force which makes me think that other backs can step up and play a faster game if they have people who can lead them well... but that only happens in 1 game out of 10 because of lousy and unpredictable Halfies.

j'nuh

Yes sharikadze is one of the best backs we've had in a long time but we need more like him if we are to get anywhere near the likes of samoa.

you haven't watched Samoa since the 2011 RWC ?!.....you must not understand what they're doing at 7th in the world rankings right now then.

you haven't watched Samoa since the 2011 RWC ?!.....you must not understand what they're doing at 7th in the world rankings right now then.
no no... I haven't watched Samoa since 2003 when they played Georgia. which makes it all the more exciting for me this time around.

no no... I haven't watched Samoa since 2003 when they played Georgia. which makes it all the more exciting for me this time around.

oh...well I was jaw-dropping at the idea you hadn't seen this since the 2011 RWC, so imagine what face I'm making now !...
Well dude....the IRB ranking thingy isn't all that accurate in all instances, but Samoa at 7th should give you an indication.

oh...well I was jaw-dropping at the idea you hadn't seen this since the 2011 RWC, so imagine what face I'm making now !...
Well dude....the IRB ranking thingy isn't all that accurate in all instances, but Samoa at 7th should give you an indication.

Ye well they don't broadcast most games around my place and having wireless internet (even though they claim to be top quality) its still almost impossible to watch streams without smashing your computer into pieces :(.....

Also even if we were playing vs ireland, wales or Argies I'd have same expectations as I have against Samoa because our team has a strange habit of performing waaay better when they are clear underdogs.. they step up their game when playing vs Top teams.... example: they could have ****ty ENC and play horribly vs spain and Romania but then you put them vs Argentina and its like whole different team showed up to play ball... other than that yes I've heard of Samoan heroics from every conversation I've head with anyone from south hemisphere.. in fact i think I'l go download one of their games and watch right now... can you tell me what was a good game to watch with Samoa in it after world cup ?

Last edited:
Ye well they don't broadcast most games around my place and having wireless internet (even though they claim to be top quality) its still almost impossible to watch streams without smashing your computer into pieces :(.....

Also even if we were playing vs ireland, wales or Argies I'd have same expectations as I have against Samoa because our team has a strange habit of performing waaay better when they are clear underdogs.. they step up their game when playing vs Top teams.... example: they could have ****ty ENC and play horribly vs spain and Romania but then you put them vs Argentina and its like whole different team showed up to play ball... other than that yes I've heard of Samoan heroics from every conversation I've head with anyone from south hemisphere.. in fact i think I'l go download one of their games and watch right now... can you what was a good game to watch with Samoa in it after world cup ?

well first of all, check your inbox.

And second:
yeh definitely check out Wales Samoa 2012 in Cardiff, and their match the following week in Paris was good too. France was on a big high having put 30 on the Wallabies and then 40 on Argentina, and then only managed to contain Samoa and collect some 3pointers at home.
From 2013: Samoa Scotland is a good one, first time ever they beat Scotland. And then they put 40 on Italy despite being smashed in the scrum, but Italy was just nowhere to be found in that tournament...

and let me remind you's samoa in the last tests beat scotland for the first time demolished italy so i'd say georgia needs to play really well if they have a chance to beat samoa but i think samoa is going to win the match

Flying Fijians for Northern Tour

[FONT=Georgia !important]
The 30-man Fiji squad named Sunday for their northern hemisphere tour next month to play Portugal, Italy, Romania and the Barbarians:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia !important]Fiji: Jerry Yanuyanutawa (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland)
George Campese Ma'afu (Nottingham, England)
Setefano Somoca (Nadroga)
Manasa Saulo (Suva)
Peni Ravai (Nadroga)
Vili Veikoso (Suva)
Seremaia Naureure (Nadroga)
Apisalome Ratuniyarawa (Agen, France)
Wame Lewaravu (Stade Montois, France)
Dominiko Waqaniburotu (Brive, France)
Apisai Naikatini (Toyota Verblitz, Japan)
Nemani Nagusa (Nadroga)
Akapusi Qera (captain, Gloucester, England)
Malakai Ravulo (North Harbour, New Zealand)
Netani Talei (Newport, Wales)
Sakiusa Masi Matadigo (Racing Metro, France)
Nikola Matawalu (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland)
Nemia Kenatale (Southland, New Zealand)
Henry Seniloli (Tailevu)
Seremaia Bai (Castres, France)
Waisea Luveniyali (Naitasiri)
Alexander Rokobaro (Melbourne Rebels, Australia)
Levani Botia (Namosi)
Nemani Nadolo (NEC, Japan)
Vereniki Goneva (Leicester Tigers, England)
Napolioni Nalaga (Clermont, France)
Asaeli Tikoirotuma (Waikato Chiefs, New Zealand)
Waisea Nayacalevu (Stade Francais, France)
Metuisela Talebula ( Bordeaux, France)
Timoci Nagusa (Montpellier, France).[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia !important]
Itinerary
November 8 v Portugal, Lisbon
November 16 v Italy, Cremona
November 23 v Romania, Bucharest
November 30 v Barbarians, London[/FONT]

Last edited:
and let me remind you's samoa in the last tests beat scotland for the first time demolished italy so i'd say georgia needs to play really well if they have a chance to beat samoa but i think samoa is going to win the match

yeh you're right, I totally didn't mention that in my post. Thanks for contributing.

I'm not even arguing against that that's why i said 30% vs 70% in favor of Samoa... :p id give Georgia 30% vs anyone at home except the big three and France maybe

Of course were gonna win. All respect to Georgia but it should be a fairly convincing win for us. I'd be dissapointed if Georgia beat us, hugetime!

Fiji Squad

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9817_8981982,00.html

Fiji have named their squad that will travel to the northern hemisphere for next month's games against Portugal, Italy, Romania and the Barbarians.
The itinerary for the islanders' tour is: November 8 v Portugal, November 16 v Italy, November 23 v Romania and November 30 v the Barbarians.
Leicester's Vereniki Goneva, Glasgow's Nikola Matawalu, Chiefs' Asaeli Tikoirotuma and Montpellier's Timoci Nagusa are all included.
Gloucester's Akapusi Qera is named as skipper.

[TABLE="class: sortable wikitable jquery-tablesorter"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH="class: headerSort, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center"]Player[/TH]
[TH="class: headerSort, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center"]Position[/TH]
[TH="class: headerSort, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center"]Date of Birth (Age)[/TH]
[TH="class: headerSort, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center"]Caps[/TH]
[TH="class: headerSort, bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center"]Club/province[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR="class: vcard agent"]
[TD="align: left"]Seremaia Naureure[/TD]
[TD]Hooker[/TD]
[TD]11 May 1987 (age 26)[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD] Nadroga[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: vcard agent"]
[TD="align: left"]Vili Veikoso[/TD]
[TD]Hooker[/TD]
[TD]4 April 1982 (age 31)[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD] Suva[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Campese Ma'afu[/TD]
[TD]Prop[/TD]
[TD]19 December 1984 (age 28)[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD] Nottingham[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Peni Ravai[/TD]
[TD]Prop[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] Nadroga[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Manasa Saulo[/TD]
[TD]Prop[/TD]
[TD]6 April 1989 (age 24)[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD] Suva[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Setefano Somoca[/TD]
[TD]Prop[/TD]
[TD]10 February 1981 (age 32)[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD] Nadroga[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Jerry Yanuyanutawa[/TD]
[TD]Prop[/TD]
[TD]10 April 1985 (age 28)[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD] Glasgow Warriors[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Wame Lewaravu[/TD]
[TD]Lock[/TD]
[TD]24 September 1983 (age 30)[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD] Stade Montois[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Apisai Naikatini[/TD]
[TD]Lock[/TD]
[TD]4 April 1985 (age 28)[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD] Toyota Verblitz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Apisalome Ratuniyarawa[/TD]
[TD]Lock[/TD]
[TD]23 January 1983 (age 30)[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD] Agen[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Dominiko Waqaniburotu[/TD]
[TD]Lock[/TD]
[TD]20 April 1986 (age 27)[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD] Brive[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Akapusi Qera (c)[/TD]
[TD]Flanker[/TD]
[TD]24 April 1984 (age 29)[/TD]
[TD]32[/TD]
[TD] Gloucester[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Malakai Ravulo[/TD]
[TD]Flanker[/TD]
[TD]22 September 1983 (age 30)[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD] North Harbour[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Netani Talei[/TD]
[TD]Flanker[/TD]
[TD]19 March 1983 (age 30)[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD] Newport Gwent Dragons[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Sakiusa Matadigo[/TD]
[TD]Number 8[/TD]
[TD]8 August 1982 (age 31)[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD] Racing Metro[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Nemani Nagusa[/TD]
[TD]Number 8[/TD]
[TD]21 June 1988 (age 25)[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD] Nadroga[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Nemia Kenatale[/TD]
[TD]Scrum-half[/TD]
[TD]21 January 1986 (age 27)[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD] Southland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Nikola Matawalu[/TD]
[TD]Scrum-half[/TD]
[TD]8 March 1989 (age 24)[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD] Glasgow Warriors[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Henry Seniloli[/TD]
[TD]Scrum-half[/TD]
[TD]15 June 1989 (age 24)[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] Tailevu[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Seremaia Bai[/TD]
[TD]Fly-half[/TD]
[TD]4 January 1979 (age 34)[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD] Castres[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Waisea Luveniyali[/TD]
[TD]Fly-half[/TD]
[TD]23 July 1985 (age 28)[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD] Naitasiri[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Levani Botia[/TD]
[TD]Centre[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] Namosi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Vereniki Goneva[/TD]
[TD]Centre[/TD]
[TD]5 April 1984 (age 29)[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD] Leicester Tigers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Nemani Nadolo[/TD]
[TD]Centre[/TD]
[TD]31 January 1988 (age 25)[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD] Green Rockets[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Napolioni Nalaga[/TD]
[TD]Wing[/TD]
[TD]7 April 1986 (age 27)[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD] Clermont[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Waisea Nayacalevu[/TD]
[TD]Wing[/TD]
[TD]26 June 1990 (age 23)[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD] Stade Français[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Alex Rokobaro[/TD]
[TD]Wing[/TD]
[TD]6 October 1989 (age 24)[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] Melbourne Rebels[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Metuisela Talebula[/TD]
[TD]Wing[/TD]
[TD]20 May 1991 (age 22)[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD] Bordeaux[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Asaeli Tikoirotuma[/TD]
[TD]Wing[/TD]
[TD]24 June 1986 (age 27)[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] Chiefs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Timoci Nagusa[/TD]
[TD]Fullback[/TD]
[TD]14 July 1987 (age 26)[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD] Montpellier[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So glad they included Tikoirotuma on this team.

yeah glad he came to his senses, even if he did make the all blacks one day he'd be a one test all black at best

How come David Smith doesn't play for Samoa? Is he gonna try to play for France or was he capped for an NZ team?

Of course were gonna win. All respect to Georgia but it should be a fairly convincing win for us. I'd be dissapointed if Georgia beat us, hugetime!

definitely. Again, Samoa are 'big boys' now officially, 7th world wide. That's Tier 1, no matter what angle you look at it from. A team that puts 30 on Scotland and 40 on Italy should definitely beat Georgia amply.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/9-Boks-in-Barbarians-squad-20131113

9 South Africans have confirmed their availability to tackle Fiji in Twickenham on Nov 30th in Barbarian colors under All Blacks coach Steve Hansen. They are:

Bismarck du Plessis
Eben Etzebeth
Schalk Burger
Willie le Roux
Jean de Villiers
Duane Vermeulen
Coenie Oosthuizen
Pat Lambie
Tendai Mtawarira

What I don't understand is why when they complain about too much rugby? Don't get me wrong it's good that they are helping Fiji out with a fixture that I'd assume to be quite lucrative but surely someone like Vermeulen who has played every game for Wp, the Stormers and SA can sit one out?

Latest posts