• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Italy vs Scotland (Round 3)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
Italy.png
Versus%20Super.png
Scotland.png

Italy vs Scotland

Date:
Saturday, February 22nd 2014 - 14:30 CET (UTC+1)
Referee: Steve Walsh (Australia)

Last edited:
well i was thinking this would be a good game for scotland but after the way they're playing just now i think we'll even lose this game

Thanks Scotty for putting those up ! :) And thanks for making it consistent with the others, much appreciated.

I thought Scotland had fine moments in 2013, and then a couple of performances they'd like to just erase from their minds, but that overall there was a sense that they could do more than what we saw them do. They came close in big games, like the one in SA and at home vs Australia...anyways this year I thought they would get better but they haven't, they've gotten worse. And it's true they have some important injuries (in the backs as far as I know), but those aren't even the big issue. The good news is they have quality on their roster, except for their front row it seems - so there's room for improvement, and they're not as bad as the results show; they just played bad themselves. The bad news is like I said it doesn't seem like consistent progress is something that will come about with this current makeup. Don't know if it's all the coach's fault, because the players do play with heart...bad communication and cohesiveness within the group ?..

As for Italy, as I've repeated a million times on the forum the last 6 months of 2013 were nothing short of an utter disaster. To a point where it was flat out comical. The fact that they challenged Wales nobly in their own backyard, and then came to Paris and had something to show there is something to at least keep in mind, to consider. And they haven't even played at home this year yet. I fear Scotland is in for the Wooden Spoon this year...not something I had in mind to start the tournament some weeks ago...
Italy should win this as Scotland just isn't locked in and focused on their strengths at the moment...

Thanks Scotty for putting those up ! :) And thanks for making it consistent with the others, much appreciated.

I thought Scotland had fine moments in 2013, and then a couple of performances they'd like to just erase from their minds, but that overall there was a sense that they could do more than what we saw them do. They came close in big games, like the one in SA and at home vs Australia...anyways this year I thought they would get better but they haven't, they've gotten worse. And it's true they have some important injuries (in the backs as far as I know), but those aren't even the big issue. The good news is they have quality on their roster, except for their front row it seems - so there's room for improvement, and they're not as bad as the results show; they just played bad themselves. The bad news is like I said it doesn't seem like consistent progress is something that will come about with this current makeup. Don't know if it's all the coach's fault, because the players do play with heart...bad communication and cohesiveness within the group ?..

As for Italy, as I've repeated a million times on the forum the last 6 months of 2013 were nothing short of an utter disaster. To a point where it was flat out comical. The fact that they challenged Wales nobly in their own backyard, and then came to Paris and had something to show there is something to at least keep in mind, to consider. And they haven't even played at home this year yet. I fear Scotland is in for the Wooden Spoon this year...not something I had in mind to start the tournament some weeks ago...
Italy should win this as Scotland just isn't locked in and focused on their strengths at the moment...
no bother you posted up the last 2 weeks so i'd decided to give you a break :) and the problem with the scotland team is obviously the line-out since there was a break this week in the six nations so i hope scotland puts alot off effort into making sure that the line-outs wouldn't be a problem in this match (dropping Ross Ford will guarantee that) as for italy their on not to great of form either after that lost to france even though italy didn't play to badly but was definitely out off form in that match. i'd say if scotland dont fix they're line-outs then its a definitely a loss i'd say italy to win by 12 - 6 but if scotland do solve they issues at the line-out then i think its a scotland win by 16 - 9

no bother you posted up the last 2 weeks so i'd decided to give you a break :) and the problem with the scotland team is obviously the line-out since there was a break this week in the six nations so i hope scotland puts alot off effort into making sure that the line-outs wouldn't be a problem in this match (dropping Ross Ford will guarantee that) as for italy their on not to great of form either after that lost to france even though italy didn't play to badly but was definitely out off form in that match. i'd say if scotland dont fix they're line-outs then its a definitely a loss i'd say italy to win by 12 - 6 but if scotland do solve they issues at the line-out then i think its a scotland win by 16 - 9

I think the issues with Scotland go way beyond the lineout. They have absolutely no attacking ability, as shown by only scoring 6 points so far.

i think we need to find an outstanding 10 from somewhere or we need to get an new back's coach to sort out the attacking line then we can have a better attacking ability

EDIT: Why does the mobile app keep posting in the wrong damn threads?!

Last edited:
EDIT: Why does the mobile app keep posting in the wrong damn threads?!

because you ****ing ************ cheese **************** seven hamsters ******* and ************* papercuts ***** at night.

Last edited:
Don't start Ross. Our Line outs stunk... Keep Denton on, but also get Kelly Brown back in. The guy tackle hard and brings up our level of play (place him at 6).

Get Hogg involved more/stop kicking in our half.

Just play better.... a lot better

Apparently Australian coaches aren't good enough.......get the NZer ones !! Those ones are good !

Apparently Australian coaches aren't good enough.......get the NZer ones !! Those ones are good !

You can't polish a turd. The problems in Scottish rugby are far beyond the capabilities of any coach to turn around. If the Scots want to compete they need to look at overhauling the entire system from the ground up.

You can't polish a turd. The problems in Scottish rugby are far beyond the capabilities of any coach to turn around. If the Scots want to compete they need to look at overhauling the entire system from the ground up.

I'd possibly pay (although very small amounts of) money to see the reactions of the English posters on here, specifically the English ones, if someone wrote the bolded part about England.

I don't think Scotland are that bad. They might need an entirely new front row, yep, and a couple more world class players on that roster, but they're not that bad. And yes coaching could make one heck of a difference.
Then, do they need to rethink their system, probably; they've gone nowhere but down for over a decade now, although 2013 was a step up from 2012 for e.g.; but about their current, actual squad, yes they surely can do better.

I'd possibly pay (although very small amounts of) money to see the reactions of the English posters on here, specifically the English ones, if someone wrote the bolded part about England.

In the relatively short time I've been a member here, there are a few people who I've never seen post anything positive regarding their own team. Everything is a negative comment/critique of other teams.

Don't tar all the English posters with the same brush though, as the majority are here for discussion, rather than trying to incite arguments.

yeah well lucky for you after the 6 nations we are getting vern colter as our manager if you dont know hes the clermont manager and is from new zealand i am expecting big thing from him. but i hope he has sense to drop ross ford

Don't tar all the English posters with the same brush though, as the majority are here for discussion, rather than trying to incite arguments.

Did not imply that. Not saying anything against that. But they're the ones who react the most explosively (for some) to comments made about their team. Or amongst the most explosive: Saffas are pretty virulent, NZ'ers too.

But that guy allows himself to make a comment like that about Scotland, and he'd tell you I'm taking it to heart too much and the greater point is Scotland are bad and they need total reconstruction - which would be fine in theory. BUT: I know for a fact that if I or anybody else were to make that comment about England, that "you can't polish a turd", they'd be offended to the highest point, feel their pride at stake, and downright outraged for some, and likely very mean comments would follow in legion.

Scottish posters aren't even taking offense to this because they're cool enough.

yeah well lucky for you after the 6 nations we are getting vern colter as our manager if you dont know hes the clermont manager and is from new zealand i am expecting big thing from him. but i hope he has sense to drop ross ford

Oh that's right. Forgot where he was going exactly, but I know he's going to some national side...well there ya go, problem solved !
All you need in Rugby, son, is a ton of mass and a New-Zealander coach. Bottom line.

Did not imply that. Not saying anything against that. But they're the ones who react the most explosively (for some) to comments made about their team. Or amongst the most explosive: Saffas are pretty virulent, NZ'ers too.

But that guy allows himself to make a comment like that about Scotland, and he'd tell you I'm taking it to heart too much and the greater point is Scotland are bad and they need total reconstruction - which would be fine in theory. BUT: I know for a fact that if I or anybody else were to make that comment about England, that "you can't polish a turd", they'd be offended to the highest point, feel their pride at stake, and downright outraged for some, and likely very mean comments would follow in legion.

Scottish posters aren't even taking offense to this because they're cool enough.

Oh that's right. Forgot where he was going exactly, but I know he's going to some national side...well there ya go, problem solved !
All you need in Rugby, son, is a ton of mass and a New-Zealander coach. Bottom line.

If you said that after England played as badly as Scotland, no I wouldn't be that offended. If you said it based on England in the past few years, yeah it would be a bit offensive. Scotland ARE playing absolutely ****. The best they hope for is an occassional upset. They haven't strung together a series of good games in decades. So saying Scotland is the turd actually has so basis in truth whilst making the same claim about England at the moment would be pretty far from the truth.

As it is I'm not exactly a fan of Scotland either, their fans are rude to England and they can't even give the common courtesy of putting the English flag on the field along with the Scottish one, they put 2 Scottish ones instead. I'm not exactly inclined to be nice about Scottish rugby because they have absolutely nothing good to say about England, or do you think it should be a one way street in which Scots can routinely be rude about the English but a comment about the state of the Scottish team that actually has basis in fact is too much?

scotland look like they have no idea what they're doing in the break-down as it shown against ireland when duncan taylor i think it was could have passed it out to maitland and he could had have a clear run but he passed it to dumbar instead who had a bunch of irish defenders in front off him. and the same against england but it looked more like we couldn't be bothered playing the game it was just awful all we were doing is kicking the ball away if i was duncan weir when he didn't have a good kicking game i would have just passed it out and hopefully find a gap in the english defence and get a counter attack going.

but as for italy. they're not having a great 6 nations either lost to a bad form wales and a demolishing in paris. italy i think is playing quite well just unlucky in some areas i thought they're scrumaging against france at the start were pretty good but then they seemed to have lost it.

As it is I'm not exactly a fan of Scotland either, their fans are rude to England and they can't even give the common courtesy of putting the English flag on the field along with the Scottish one, they put 2 Scottish ones instead. I'm not exactly inclined to be nice about Scottish rugby because they have absolutely nothing good to say about England, or do you think it should be a one way street in which Scots can routinely be rude about the English but a comment about the state of the Scottish team that actually has basis in fact is too much?

im not going to lie but i can be very Anti-English but i still think we should so some respect at murrayfield like when we go down to england you's dont boo off our anthems when its down and i dont see why see should boo off your chants aswell, like when wales or any other nations we dont boo off they're chants when were signing. i dont see why we shouldn't make you's feel welcome at murrayfield without all the drama off not having an english flag at the beginning and all that

but as for italy. they're not having a great 6 nations either lost to a bad form wales and a demolishing in paris. italy i think is playing quite well just unlucky in some areas i thought they're scrumaging against france at the start were pretty good but then they seemed to have lost it.

im not going to lie but i can be very Anti-English but i still think we should so some respect at murrayfield like when we go down to england you's dont boo off our anthems when its down and i dont see why see should boo off your chants aswell, like when wales or any other nations we dont boo off they're chants when were signing. i dont see why we shouldn't make you's feel welcome at murrayfield without all the drama off not having an english flag at the beginning and all that

Italy didn't lose anything. France just found theirs back :p that third scrum where we're taking the Italian scrum for a ride on the pitch attests just of that...
I'm a fan of Cusiter's too, is he smoking pot in a wooden pipe there on your avatar ? and always good to have more Scottish posters on here, we don't have that many...
Wish we had Italian posters....like, at least one ?

And honestly, I'm the least anti-English person not just on this forum but in the existence of all that is in the entire universe, and beyond - but I hated the English singing their weird chariot song in Paris or in Murrayfield.
I would never sing the Marseillaise in Twickenham, not if we're winning by a point or by 20, and I wouldn't want to be in a circle that does.
Wherever you go, you show some fkn respect, just like Phil Anselmo used to say: RE !!......SPECT !! They're not home in Stade de France, and they should know it. Plus I mean it's hilarious they get "effed in the a" at the last minute and they sure weren't singing at that point when Fickou crossed...but still. Where the hell do they think they are imposing their shhit where they go...
What can I say, perfectly consistent with English arrogance (which they deny and make into a joke any time you mention it, although the entire planet calls em out for it...). And btw, didn't I say I was really very fond of our trans-Channel pals ?

Italy didn't lose anything. France just found theirs back :p that third scrum where we're taking the Italian scrum for a ride on the pitch attests just of that...
I'm a fan of Cusiter's too, is he smoking pot in a wooden pipe there on your avatar ? and always good to have more Scottish posters on here, we don't have that many...
Wish we had Italian posters....like, at least one ?

And honestly, I'm the least anti-English person not just on this forum but in the existence of all that is in the entire universe, and beyond - but I hated the English singing their weird chariot song in Paris or in Murrayfield.
I would never sing the Marseillaise in Twickenham, not if we're winning by a point or by 20, and I wouldn't want to be in a circle that does.
Wherever you go, you show some fkn respect, just like Phil Anselmo used to say: RE !!......SPECT !! They're not home in Stade de France, and they should know it. Plus I mean it's hilarious they get "effed in the a" at the last minute and they sure weren't singing at that point when Fickou crossed...but still. Where the hell do they think they are imposing their shhit where they go...
What can I say, perfectly consistent with English arrogance (which they deny and make into a joke any time you mention it, although the entire planet calls em out for it...). And btw, didn't I say I was really very fond of our trans-Channel pals ?

Since when has singing a song associated with your team during a game ever been considered a sign of disrespect?

Latest posts