• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] Wales vs New Zealand

classic pic IMO, I mean heck body language says a lot. No eye contact and the arms are doing all the work they dont want to get any closer than they have to hahaha

find it interesting people getting on barretts case. IMO he had a good first 10min then made a poor kick but not a disaster, he was ok through the middle of the game but nothing special, dropped off a tackle but pulled it back and made some important ones as well. then when the game started to open up he was right at the cutting edge. Was pretty clear the focus of the Welsh defense was on him and SBW Goal kicking was ok but not his best. He missed 1 maybe two you would expect him to get if he was back on form. To go back to the problem I see with Crudens kicking. the Penalty Barrett kicked from 50m is a kick that Cruden simply doesn't have the range for unless the weather is in his favor and/or it's high altitude. But this particular example would have simply been out of his range. Come WC finals time we cant turn down shots like that. Neither Cruden or Barrett can going into a WC with their kicking form like it is now. I do expect them both to be better next year after some time injury free.

kinda an interesting tour. I feel like the AB's didn't really show anything creative on attack at any stage and you would have to say they are already holding their cards close knowing the WC is actually very close, just a handful of tests away.

Sums it up perfectly.

^you guys were watching a different game to everyone else. One bad kick? He put out 2 chips on the full, had one charged down in our 22, and conceded a penalty of another one. That's 4 terrible short kicks in 60 mins at first five. He missed 2 deadset sitter kicks, 15m wide of the posts, including one to put us up 4 points. The back line hardly functioned, SBW got hospital passes, Barrett threw an intercept off a set play too. You guys can keep living in your bubble if you want, but everyone else saw him play a shocker at 10.

barrett is a kid, and he did make mistakes and his kicking was pretty average in that game but we all know he is better than that and in the last 10 minutes two moments of his sheer genius put the game far beyond Wales reach and put 14 points on the scoreboard.
The mistakes will disappear with more time in the role and experience and the quality will bubble forth as it did with DC.
Thats the only bubble we have to think about.

^you guys were watching a different game to everyone else. One bad kick? He put out 2 chips on the full, had one charged down in our 22, and conceded a penalty of another one. That's 4 terrible short kicks in 60 mins at first five. He missed 2 deadset sitter kicks, 15m wide of the posts, including one to put us up 4 points. The back line hardly functioned, SBW got hospital passes, Barrett threw an intercept off a set play too. You guys can keep living in your bubble if you want, but everyone else saw him play a shocker at 10.

That's a rather sweeping generalisation to make simply because people saw the game differently than you. If you read Larksea's post again (s)he's not saying Barrett set the world alight, and neither am I, (s)he's just looking at his game objectively and pointing out what he did do right and did do poorly. Prior to the **** kicks, Barrett did bounce in a few nice ones, and on top of that, there quite a few others that got in behind the Welsh defence and into their 22. All of the mistakes you're pointing are regular occurrences in a rugby game (that doesn't make them okay, mind, but it's not a shocker). McCaw threw an intercept pass that led to a try last week, but still had a good game, no? Jeez man, I'd say Barrett played an average to below average game at 10 as opposed to a shocker, no need to bar up about it, just remember not everyone's going to process the information their brain is receiving the same way as you do.

That's a rather sweeping generalisation to make simply because people saw the game differently than you. If you read Larksea's post again (s)he's not saying Barrett set the world alight, and neither am I, (s)he's just looking at his game objectively and pointing out what he did do right and did do poorly. Prior to the **** kicks, Barrett did bounce in a few nice ones, and on top of that, there quite a few others that got in behind the Welsh defence and into their 22. All of the mistakes you're pointing are regular occurrences in a rugby game (that doesn't make them okay, mind, but it's not a shocker). McCaw threw an intercept pass that led to a try last week, but still had a good game, no? Jeez man, I'd say Barrett played an average to below average game at 10 as opposed to a shocker, no need to bar up about it, just remember not everyone's going to process the information their brain is receiving the same way as you do.

What is the the Barrett cheer squad ??? . Beuden Barrett has never had a great game for the ABs starting but has always made an impact as a sub. Cruden is the incumbent and has been since 2013. The ABs best game of 2014 was at Eden Park when Cruden ran the show. Barrett is a super sub No.10 and a great No.15. Stating at 10 for the All Blacks ? Nope. Not yet.

What is the the Barrett cheer squad ??? . Beuden Barrett has never had a great game for the ABs starting but has always made an impact as a sub. Cruden is the incumbent and has been since 2013. The ABs best game of 2014 was at Eden Park when Cruden ran the show. Barrett is a super sub No.10 and a great No.15. Stating at 10 for the All Blacks ? Nope. Not yet.

No, it's an opinion. Cruden took his time bedding into being a starter for the All Blacks, as will Barrett. If you wanna write a developing player off after a handful of games, that's your decision.

I don't know how many times I have to say I'm not calling him a world beater, just pointing out that jumping on his back is a very knee jerk reaction. If you want to take a dig at Barrett, feel free, but don't put words in my mouth insinuating that I'm suggesting he should be the number one first five eight, because I'm not. All I'm saying is a lot of people have got swept up in how 'shocking' he was, when the All Blacks have struggled for the first 60 or so minutes against Scotland, England and Wales with three different 10s. I'd suggest that it being a year out from the WC, the selectors have the teams and players doing things they wouldn't usually to see if they might be able to impose that game plan as a get out of jail free card with ten minutes to go in a play-off situation, rather than the starting tactics.

But, hey, how can I expect future planning from someone who can't even spell a player's name right?

the problem with NZ is that this team is approximately 1,5 times better than rest of the rugby world teams

I know this upsets Aussies, Boks, England, French, Argentinian and Irish fans but, sorry mates :D

Beating ABs became a matter of magic and honor last years especially

And losing narrow against ABs became a reason to start talking about world championship

What has happened to Wales that match was a perfect example of how far the NH teams are from Oceanians, and how close to perfection are ABs

If NH or "other" teams have small pitfalls that they do not mind before entering pitch, ABs had already thought and Treated The Problem before the end of the season :D

Well done Wales in first half but, final point belongs to ABs

I watched this match while I was busy and then lost it, so I didn't get to see it closely. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of it?

Latest posts