• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Scotland vs. USA (27/09/2015)

There must have been a 2/3 man overlap there and the Scots held on! Easy!

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit hill and glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.
Let's go Bravehearts!!

The USA would've been better to go into the break behind, they needed Scotland to stay complacent.

Been all Scotland in the 2nd half, and fair play, they've really turned up at this World Cup so far.

Not bad in the end. We huffed and puffed at times. Typical Scotland, we don't just play the opposition,with our unforced errors we play our own demons too. Can't imagine what the score could have been if Hogg hadn't had such a mare. A lot of work and a lot of tightening up to do before we're ready for the boks

A game of two halves ! Scotland's 39- 16 win over the US highlighted our strengths and weaknesses . Our back division has talent a plenty . 5 tries and the bonus point pushes us to the top of the table . Likely the Boks will target the scrum - Grant and Welsh were subbed at half time after a hard 40 minutes . Injuries to Fin Russell and Gilchrist do not help matters . The next few miles are going to be tough but St James Park is virtually in God's Country and we have the best support around !

Just waiting for it to go all pear shaped

download.jpg

Attachments

• doomed.jpg
    doomed.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 7
Not a bad call Kiwi - you under estimated the mighty Scots though. Hope you continue to do that all the way to the final - where we will take your countrymen apart !

so yer a bitter Sassenach that dosent like the scots to win we get it noo get tae

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yer not wrong the scots aint here tae make up the numbers this time

Good win for Scotland in the end but don't think the boks will be shaking in their boots.
Me thinks the scots are going to have to find some of that Celtic bloody minded grit like their Welsh cousins did against England.

Can't just absorb pressure in the first half and play to win in the second like against USA.
Quick ball from the breakdown will be the key. Speed and wide. Run the saffers off their feet.

Anyone for Sushi starters with bbq springbok haggis for mains?

Two bonus point wins, 3 points ahead of SA, in control of our own destiny. I'd take that all day. Strokosch, under fire for so long, makes more tackles than anyone on the pitch. Our pack takes their first 5 lineouts. Discipline is excellent. I'm a happy bunny and can't wait until next week. I think the best is yet to come. Saor Alba!

Latest posts