South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Waratahs.png
Versus%20Super.png
Stormers.png

11:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Teams:

Waratahs: 15 Israel Folau, 14 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 13 Matt Carraro, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Rob Horne, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Wycliff Palu, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Jacques Potgieter, 5 David Dennis (captain), 4 Will Skelton, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Tolu Latu, 1 Benn Robinson.

Substitutes (from): 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Jeremy Tilse, 18 Paddy Ryan, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Pat McCutcheon 21 Stephen Hoiles, 22 Brendan McKibbin, 23 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 24 Peter Betham, 25 Jono Lance

Stormers: 15 Cheslin Kolbe, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Juan de Jongh (captain), 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Nizaam Carr, 7 Michael Rhodes, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Manuel Carizza, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Oli Kebble, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Jean Kleyn, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Kurt Coleman, 23 Huw Jones

Referee Mike Fraser

AR1 Angus Gardner

AR2 James Leckie

TMO Peter Marshall

Last edited:
Cant see the stormers winning this one sorry! maybe if they play like they did in the 2nd half against the canes ya... tahs are on the up and stormers are coming from a few loses.. will wait for the lineups but cant see the cpt boys winning this...

I reckon we have a decent chance, we're a different animal than anyone the Tahs have played thus far, we have the tools if we can execute properly.

How can you not see the Cape boys in with a shot after we beat the log leaders in their own backyard just the week before?

Hmm, could be close. 'Tahs with the better defense, but Stormers with the better attack. Slightly skewed comparison since one had played an extra game over the other. NSW are always tough at home. But I actually back the Stormers to get up for this one. I just think they're a better side than what recent results suggest. That first half against the Canes should have taught them something, and the second half should have shown them that they have the ability to play with the big teams.

Stormers for me. Just a feeling. I think we'll see a couple of unexpected results this weekend.

Hmm, makes it interesting. A side which has beaten the Brumbies at that stadium, and facing an opposition without Vermeulan. Then again, they limped to victory against the Blues imo. I'll stick with my call and guess we shall see!

Hmm, makes it interesting. A side which has beaten the Brumbies at that stadium, and facing an opposition without Vermeulan. Then again, they limped to victory against the Blues imo. I'll stick with my call and guess we shall see!

Well, it's not like they are short of quality loose forward cover, is it ... they were pretty unlucky against the Canes ... you'd hope if you were a Tahs fan, that they'd win their home games, so, who knows

Commentary after burger put in a high swinging arm on hooper
"He's just not that kind of player"
lololololololololololololololololol

De Allende has been very good for the Stormers this year, surely he'll be the starting 12 for the Boks?

Commentary after burger put in a high swinging arm on hooper
"He's just not that kind of player"
lololololololololololololololololol
I think he's matured a lot since the Lions tour and for what it's worth he does seem like a genuinely nice guy in interviews and such. I understand if you hate him though, still an awesome player and great to see him back in form.

Basically all positives to take away, Eben looking strong, de Allende is a monster, our defense looking good again. Life is good.

@Fish, I would imagine de Allende will be in the Bok set-up if not starting at 12 but it's a bit awkward because it seems like all of our best centres are insides.
Personally I think DDA offers the most but how do we line up then, with Serfontein at 13? What if de Villiers (our incumbent captain) is back again? It's tricky.

@Fish, I would imagine de Allende will be in the Bok set-up if not starting at 12 but it's a bit awkward because it seems like all of our best centres are insides.
Personally I think DDA offers the most but how do we line up then, with Serfontein at 13? What if de Villiers (our incumbent captain) is back again? It's tricky.

Serfontein looked fine at 13 outside JdV last year, at least in defense he did. I still want to see more from him on attack though. DDA 100% our Bok 12 for my money but I can see HM pick JdV if fit seeing as Serfontein, Pollard and Reinach are all green themselves and so is Hendricks while Le Roux at 15 is anything but a 'stabilizing influence'. If we have too fit JdV in though I'd take De Allende at 14 ahead of Hendricks. It's where he has played some of his best ruby for the Stormers when JdV and JdJ were both in the centers. We simply have to find a spot for him IMO and the only place he has looked uncomfortable in so far has been 13.

Very proud of my boys, great second half and great attacking tires
Kolbe you beauty

Latest posts