• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 1: Australia v New Zealand (19/08/2017)

Interesting, I've always used kak as another word for s h i t, never knew it had Afrikaans origins...

Stormer you use such beautiful english.......a real poet. Afrikaans has got such beautiful four letter words.......

Interesting, I've always used kak as another word for s h i t, never knew it had Afrikaans origins...
You also might have used 'trek', 'veld', 'kraal', 'aardvark', erm... (will edit if I can think of a few others) without knowing them to be coming from us.
Stormer you use such beautiful english.......a real poet. Afrikaans has got such beautiful four letter words.......
Can't tell if I'm being tuned or not...

Edit; I hope no-one cares overly much about this thread being hijacked?

I wouldn't dare..anyways, sorry about the highjack, it's been a long day. Wouldn't mind if you just deleted the rubbish posts, thanks.

You also might have used 'trek', 'veld', 'kraal', 'aardvark', erm... (will edit if I can think of a few others) without knowing them to be coming from us.

Wow, so "Star Trek" was a South African TV series. That would explain all the unpronounceable Klingon names like Krag, and Kreil
cheesy.gif

Say what?

Blindside flanker is the player who grinds the ball up with short powerful carries, and makes every attempt to shut down the short side with killer tackles (Jerome Kaino, Willem Alberts, Jean Deysel, Steven Luatua)

Ardie Savea is made for the attacking Openside Flanker's job
In fact I meant to say that he is a number 8, really! An openside flanker is often the first one to arrive at the ruck and tries to steal the ball. He's not the jackal Todd is nor the silent hard worker and consistent tackler Cane is either.

But Savea has got an insane amount of speed in his legs for a back row forward, he's a rough tackler and always makes ground when his team goes backwards. He's got power and a roaring engine in his chest.

I believe an openside who'd have the pace and power of Savea, Todd's jackal ability and Cane's high work rate minus his handling errors would be even better than Richie McCaw.

[bantz]

Wait!

He's got to know when to play offside, too!
[/bantz]

told ya barnes would be fine

You didn't read the Ground We Won's posts before he got banned then?

Lucky it wasn't a close game otherwise there would have been more whinging from Kiwis about Barnes.

You have to ask what says about the rest of us that Ground We Won was the 7th highest rated poster on these boards......admittedly he also had twice the negative ratings of anyone else in the top 20.

You have to ask what says about the rest of us that Ground We Won was the 7th highest rated poster on these boards......admittedly he also had twice the negative ratings of anyone else in the top 20.
He used to be quite measured during the SR season... from the Lions series onward he seemed to get more and more salty for whatever reason... and then the fact that his beloved Highlanders were disadvantaged by the conference system and ultimately smacked in the QF tipped him over the edge I think... lol

You didn't read the Ground We Won's posts before he got banned then?
Lucky it wasn't a close game otherwise there would have been more whinging from Kiwis about Barnes.
no didnt hear that whinging. didnt hear any kiwi's 'whinge' about the win. heard alot of groaning from the aus corner

u made it sound like there would be heaps more whinging and "gnashing of teeth". but seems kiwi's were not too disappointed by barnes performance.

no didnt hear that whinging. didnt hear any kiwi's 'whinge' about the win. heard alot of groaning from the aus corner

u made it sound like there would be heaps more whinging and "gnashing of teeth". but seems kiwi's were not too disappointed by barnes performance.

i'll admit that the whole "kiwis complaining" thing is more of running joke than an actual complaint of the current new zealand posters, but GWW was insufferable when it came to his criticism of barnes after the last match... and i'd agree that he gave australia about 5-10 points in the scoreline

i'll admit that the whole "kiwis complaining" thing is more of running joke than an actual complaint of the current new zealand posters, but GWW was insufferable when it came to his criticism of barnes after the last match... and i'd agree that he gave australia about 5-10 points in the scoreline
didnt see GWW's posts. they sound bad. but then one kiwi does not a whinging country make.
didnt realise it was a "running joke". i'll try and be less sensitive when being generalised.

didnt see GWW's posts. they sound bad. but then one kiwi does not a whinging country make.
didnt realise it was a "running joke". i'll try and be less sensitive when being generalised.
When i first joined it was one guy who was awful... since I'm a donkey brain I just keep going back to that one experience and stereotype all kiwis

When i first joined it was one guy who was awful... since I'm a donkey brain I just keep going back to that one experience and stereotype all kiwis
cool as. i need to learn to be less sensitive.
and it wasnt even u who started the conversation that kiwi's wouldnt be happy with barnes and to expect a lot of whinging. hehehe. we kiwi's tend not to whinge when we're winning;)

Barnes' performance was well above average IMO, but my main concern with him is that he still seems to have a massive blind spot when it comes to forward passes. Its not just that he misses them, he also calls them when they clearly are not forward, e.g. last year (?) Crudens in pass to Perenara(?) where Barnes overruled the TMO.

In this match, the pass from Foley that went to ground in the lead up to Folau's try was clearly thrown forwards out of the hands. It was a blatantly obvious throw forward and the matter should have ended right there. Instead we had that ridiculous few minutes trying to determine if Folau was offside (he was clearly offside IMO, but that's neither here nor there). Now in this case, it really didn't really matter, but one day, he is going to come up with one of these cock-eyed decisions where it does matter and will change the result of the game. I hope it doesn't involve us again.

The TMO
I think its about time WR looked at removing this business where the referee looks at the replay on the in-ground screen and then gets into a protracted discussion with the other match officials. They should take a leaf from the NRL's book... the referee makes a provisional decision, try or no try, then if he calls in the TMO, it becomes the TMO's decision alone. The TMO can only overturn the on-field decision of he can find clear and obvious evidence that its wrong. If its 50/50, the TMO stays with the on-field decision.

Latest posts