English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
8itO4mj.png

Starting XV: 15.Sam James; 14.Byron McGuigan, 13.James O'Connor, 12.Rohan Janse Van Rensburg, 11.Chris Ashton; 10.Kieran Wilkinson, 9.Faf De Klerk; 1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Bryn Evans, 5.James Phillips, 6.Jono Ross (capt), 7.Tom Curry, 8.Josh Beaumont.

Replacements: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17.Tom Bristow, 18.Alexandru Tarus, 19.George Nott, 20.Ben Curry, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Luke James, 23.Arron Reed

Unavailable for selection were Marland Yarde, AJ MacGinty, Cameron Redpath, Denny Solomona, Josh Strauss, James Flynn, Mark Jennings, Bevan Rodd and Sam Moore.

Can't understand why none of these games are being televised! I know not all teams take it seriously, but I always enjoyed watching the Welsh regions involved, and there can be some cracking games.

Anyone know if the knockout rounds will be televised at least?

Can't understand why none of these games are being televised! I know not all teams take it seriously, but I always enjoyed watching the Welsh regions involved, and there can be some cracking games.

Yeah it's stupid, I would watch all games involving the regions as well as selected others... this weeks Egg Chasers suggested that is in effect to add more prestige to the Champions Cup but I would imagine it is more down to broadcasters not realising that there is an appetite for it.

Last years final was aired and I'm pretty sure that some of the earlier knock out stages got on tv too... hopefully this will be the case this year too.

Shame, would have liked to see all the young Welsh under 20's have a crack at Worcester for the O's this weekend, given they will probably struggle... I'd still like to see how their character measures up.

I would have thought it was pretty obvious why they aren't televised. Even the most interesting game in that list (to a non supporter) doesn't hold a candle to the least appealing Champions Cup game. One man and his dog scenario (excl.supporters).

In this day and age they should at least have them as an option for (paid) streaming

Cameras are there for highlights and TMO already

I'm sure s4c or BBC Wales would have snapped up the games involving Welsh regions.

Surely they should be looking to grow the 2nd tier comp. There's some top quality sides in there, and the aim should be for it to be taken very seriously. Otherwise what exactly is the point of it?

Free To Air TV would gladly have shown a few of them.

Northampton beating the Dragons well in Rodney Parade.

I have to admit, I'm starting to have doubts about Bernard Jackman. Did well in France, talks a good game... but I'm not sure if the Dragons are going anywhere at the moment.

Ospreys did well to recover from a 21-0 deficit at HT to lose 27-21. Sale thrashed Connacht 37-13 thanks largely to Chris Ashton's hat-trick.

Was at the Edinburgh V Toulon game yesterday and boy what a great result for Edinburgh it was winning 40-14.

Ospreys did well to recover from a 21-0 deficit at HT to lose 27-21. Sale thrashed Connacht 37-13 thanks largely to Chris Ashton's hat-trick.

Maybe, but it was a ridiculous decision to rest all their best players. I really don't like this strategy Clarke has of sending woefully under strength sides to get beaten. Happy to rotate the squad a little, but it's better to integrate a couple of youngsters here and there in an otherwise strong side.

They should have been aiming for 2 from 2, putting themselves in a good poison to progress and play some knockout rugby. Winning the Challenge cup can be a great spring-board for developing sides, just look at the Cardiff Blues. I think it gave the whole squad some great self belief that they've taken into this season, and despite a few result going against them early doors, they're looking very confident and they could put themselves in a good position today to really compete in their Champions cup group.

If the Ospreys miss out on progressing due to the decision by Clarke to effectively throw yesterday's game, then questions should be asked!

Maybe, but it was a ridiculous decision to rest all their best players. I really don't like this strategy Clarke has of sending woefully under strength sides to get beaten. Happy to rotate the squad a little, but it's better to integrate a couple of youngsters here and there in an otherwise strong side.

They should have been aiming for 2 from 2, putting themselves in a good poison to progress and play some knockout rugby. Winning the Challenge cup can be a great spring-board for developing sides, just look at the Cardiff Blues. I think it gave the whole squad some great self belief that they've taken into this season, and despite a few result going against them early doors, they're looking very confident and they could put themselves in a good position today to really compete in their Champions cup group.

If the Ospreys miss out on progressing due to the decision by Clarke to effectively throw yesterday's game, then questions should be asked!

Agreed up to a point, but I think Clarke wants to prioritise the Pro 14 and minimise the chances of his best players getting injured.

Latest posts