• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 2: Australia vs. Argentina (27/07/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
rugby-championship.png

SxGOCQa.png
j7lEIMe.png
77TMMVD.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

The only change in the roster who travel to Australia is the debutant hooker Santiago Socino for Agustín Creevy.

EAAyLm8XYAI5e5H.jpg

I'll be rooting for Australia, but I think Argentina will win. Los Pumas are too strong.

this time we need to field a b team. we can't have another injurie ahead of the WC.
like to see isa and Cordero in action.
petti matera cubelli orlando... these guys need some rest

Argentina to win, Cheika to be sacked, Johnson to take over as caretaker for RWC.

Let it be so.

I think this is the crunch game for the Wallabies in this rugby championship. Before the tournament most people would've probably had them down for a loss at Ellis Park. I don't think many people expect them to beat the ABs in either Bledisloe Cup match this year but I think the Australian rugby public will expect them to win at home to Argentina. However from what I saw last week I would make Argentina the favourites. I think they'll outmuscle the Wallabies up front and will win by maybe 6 points.

any thoughts on that? I watched an extended europe highlight for joc on youtube and honestly it didn't look impressive at all.

Last edited:
Oh yeah baby. If Fiji win and we get pumped we drop to 10th in the world. The end is nigh.

any thoughts on that? I watched an extended europe highlight for joc on youtube and honestly it didn't look impressive at all.
I think he'll do well,
His time with us was marred by injury and recovery from injury however you could always tell how naturally talented he was whenever he got the ball and whenever he got a run of games together he looked real good.

I know it's a bit of a cliché but I really do think he's got his head on straight and has sorted his off field issues now - it's only his poor injury record that's holding him back now.

I think JOC might just be the thing Aussies need right now. Highlight reel won't say much about his time at Sale if you're expecting his flashy, old incarnation. Disappointing even. However he has been pivotal in Sale being as strong as they were this season IMO, the reading and control is sublime providing direction/stability plus you know what's in the locker.

*edit*
Not sure about using him as a bench option but we will see. He can cover pretty much anywhere so is handy.

Oh yeah baby. If Fiji win and we get pumped we drop to 10th in the world. The end is nigh.
Think les Bleus will beat you to it on their unstoppable way out of the Top 10.

Looks like Fiji may pipe them to 8th spot if they get a win this weekend by more than 15 pt. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/fiji...in-world-rankings-after-this-weekends-matches

The only thing that has been propping up the FFR in the Top 10 is WR's totally bogus point system and the win les Bleus ekke out of Italy in 6N. Without that the FFR would have been out of the top 10 long ago. But I think it will happen after next October.

Fiji and Argentina should push thru into the top 8.

This match overall means little more like an ego booster than seeing really were you stand. Australia form now is far from what they can do so a win over them is relative. For Australia winning over us means nothing since we are a team that from a week to another can be the best or the worst.

Just 30 minutes until the opening kick. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice to see the Australian public filling the stadium.... expensive tickets or just lack of interest in RU?

Genia's looking sharp

Wrong decision from Argue winger, should've been boot on that

Latest posts