• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2019 RWC threads - Points of order

I can if there will be enough interest.

We had a bunch this past weekend, and it seems like the England vs. Wales one was the only one that generated enough interest to warrant a thread on it's own.

Otherwise I can create a single thread like we do with Super Rugby, and have all the matches listed on one thread.
Ireland v Italy got over 100 replies too. There'll be a handful of dud threads for sure but I'd suggest the cleanest way to do it would be a thread for any game involving two tier 1 nations get their own thread and then a big one for any other matches which may or may not be discussed.

E.g. Of the five games this weekend RSA v Arg; NZ v Aus; and Wal v England will definitely generate enough interest for their own thread, Scot v Fra is a bit more on the fence but with a return game next week the thread could facilitate both and certainly be ok and Ita v Rus probably belongs in a catch all thread for other games over the next month.

I think its probably better to err on the side of a match needing its own thread because the discussion will be far more detailed and specific (and anal and pedantic...) than your average Super Rugby/Premiership/Pro14 regular season round.

Would it be possible to move the match day threads into their own subforum or similar?

At the moment there's roughly 20 pinned match day threads (vast majority of the page) and it's not even the world cup yet. Makes it very hard to find other threads related to the world cup as they're mixed with unpinned match day threads too.

No worries if not, just a suggestion.

Would it be possible to move the match day threads into their own subforum or similar?

At the moment there's roughly 20 pinned match day threads (vast majority of the page) and it's not even the world cup yet. Makes it very hard to find other threads related to the world cup as they're mixed with unpinned match day threads too.

No worries if not, just a suggestion.

I'll be removing their stickies after this weekend. By the time the WC starts, they won't be prominent anymore and the WC games will all have stickies and remain so until the end of the tournament.

That's about as much as I can do from my side now.

These warm up matches are the only major rugby being played at the moment apart from the Currie Cup which final is this coming weekend.

Okay guys, so this week will be Dull AF!

No rugby whatsoever this coming weekend. And then next week is the beginning of the WC.

Try to keep it civil while the anticipation builds up. And while we wait, here is a joke for you:

After Saturday's matches, my Father didn't know what to do with his free time, and was wandering around the house, looking for things to do now that he has no live rugby to watch. All of a sudden, my mother sneaks up behind him an asks if he can take her out for dinner. Reluctantly he agrees, and off they go into town.

Sunday afternoon, my father came to my house, looking extremely perplexed. I asked him what's going on and he tells me: "Son, last night I went to dinner, for the first time in 22 years. I had great food, some wine, and your mother came along too. Since neither you nor your brother were there, or any of my male friends, I was stuck with your mother. Reluctantly, we couldn't talk about rugby, as she's always busy with something in the house when a game is on, and I had to talk about other things with her, just to get through the meal".

I asked him: "And how was it".

He answered: "We started talking about family, life in general, politics, interests, hobbies, and just things that popped into our heads".

I said: "That's great dad".

He said: "What a pleasant lady".

Too dry for you? It's actually an Afrikaans joke.

Bottom line is the dad thinks the mom is a pleasant lady, as if it's the first time he ever had a discussion with her ever...
Ah!
That does make sense - my excuse is that I read it first thing on a Monday morning after a 4 day weekend

Too dry for you? It's actually an Afrikaans joke.

Bottom line is the dad thinks the mom is a pleasant lady, as if it's the first time he ever had a discussion with her ever...

You Afrikaaners guys don't talk to your women? :D

He said: "What a pleasant lady".
I think your "dry" assessment may be putting it too mildly... ;)

I'm super excited this morning - just coughed up the dough for the whole RWC Premium pass, which sucked, but now I'm set for every match, plus the Pro14, and the European cups, so I have a TON to look forward to. Of course where I am, not even one match will be at a watchable time, but at least I can watch them at my convenience. The only problem is, you can't even peek at Twitter or the results get spoiled, but that's just a matter of remembered to stay away.

One week from tomorrow - woohoo! :)

70354064_130088781689206_664271805346742272_n.jpg

Well it's finally here... and although I've got the next 6 weeks off work starting from Monday(a combination of annual leave and recovery time from a minor operation) I was so excited this morning that I just booked today off as emergency holiday!

Pumped up and ready for this World Cup
Positive vibes everywhere, lovely to see that in South Africa
On leave for a week and going to suck up every drop of World Cup goodnessnessness

Pumped up and ready for this World Cup
Positive vibes everywhere, lovely to see that in South Africa
On leave for a week and going to suck up every drop of World Cup goodnessnessness

Yeah, the town is green with everyone wearing their Bok-friday shirts!! You can just feel it everywhere and the people are amped up!!

The Rugby World cup feels like heaven. Matches taking place nearly every day. All the chat. And then we lose to Japan.

Latest posts