• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 2: Australia V New Zealand (Bledisloe 4) (7/11/2020)

Kudos to the Wallabies, I didn't think they'd win. Good night or good day to all of you on the board depending on your time zone.

I think the legality of tackles was a huge factor in the outcome of this game - finally here's a ref (whether you agree with him or not) that called time on borderline discipline in that area. That hurt the AB's.

Pretty clearly rising, but then I'd say the Wallaby player is dropping.
50/50 but I'd air on the side of the guy getting his face caved in by a borderline tackle (play with fire, get burned etc.)

Other angle makes for better viewing.

Dave Rennie spotting talent is still the norm with that kid that came on, be an interesting 3 years for him.

I enjoyed the game, still think Aus are a fairly weak team, kudos for the result. The sport needs then to get back to the level they were at 15-20 years back

NZ are a team in transition. I expect them to be at a similar level to England/France over the next 18 months. We will then see if these new players are world beaters as I keep reading

I enjoyed the game, still think Aus are a fairly weak team, kudos for the result. The sport needs then to get back to the level they were at 15-20 years back

NZ are a team in transition. I expect them to be at a similar level to England/France over the next 18 months. We will then see if these new players are world beaters as I keep reading
10/23 debuted in one of the last four games. If either of those teams is in transition it's the Wallabies.

They have a long way to go but the raw talent is there in the younger blokes.

Edit: geniunely amazed we've won that though. Hodge found out he was playing 10 on Thursday morning not having played there in four years...

10/23 debuted in one of the last four games. If either of those teams is in transition it's the Wallabies.

They have a long way to go but the raw talent is there in the younger blokes.

Edit: geniunely amazed we've won that though. Hodge found out he was playing 10 on Thursday morning not having played there in four years...
Aus aren't really in transition, just slightly improved from last 4 years.

ABs clearly in transition they had world class players in every position 4 years ago. Even the most rampant AB fans can't hand on heart say that as it stands. Lots of promise though

what do you think transition means?
"the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another"
That good enough?
I'm not sure of the point your trying to make. From what garner from your Op Aus are transition but AB aren't? Is the the nub of it?

Messy game, heavily impacted in many areas (scrum, line outs, set-piece) by those red cards.

While it's obvious that the ABs are a team in transition, including coaching panel wise, I do not understand at what level they should be at in order to match England or France. More games for building combinations and experience? They have so much depth player-wise...

"the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another"
That good enough?
I'm not sure of the point your trying to make. From what garner from your Op Aus are transition but AB aren't? Is the the nub of it?
The majority of their team is settled. Sure they have a couple new players and sort of a new coach.

But for the most part they are a settled team with a bunch of experienced world cup winners. A Smith alone has about as many caps as the Wallabies whole backline.

They arent transitioning for ****. Hell the spine of Coles, Whitelock, Smith and Barrett have been around for the better part of a decade.

Jeez that was an upset and a half. Never expected that result. A very chaotic game but it was good to see a bit of the old Aussie mongrel back in their play even if Swinton went way over the top. It's a shame he got sent off because he was really playing well up until that point. There just seemed a whole different mentality about the Wallabies this week, they were a lot more abrasive all round. Rennie got a big reaction. I know that the All Blacks had a much changed side but it's not as if it was 15 new players. The XV that was selected should have been too good for that Aussie side. I still think the AB's have got a lot of work to do.

I really enjoyed this game. There was so much going on. Koroibete was great in this match. Happy for the Australians that they won.

The Aussie commentators speak of the All Blacks like they still have that greatness. This is a new all blacks team. They are still rough around the edges. They will improve, but they clearly still have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
I think the legality of tackles was a huge factor in the outcome of this game - finally here's a ref (whether you agree with him or not) that called time on borderline discipline in that area. That hurt the AB's.
Hurt both teams though?
Really? I was actually happy with the result, good for rugby in the pacific...but painful to watch
People often think it's a great game if it's close or if the overdog loses, but yes it was a terrible game in terms of quality of play. Same thing happened that time we lost to Ireland in Ireland, a terrible game (though not as bad as this one because at least Ireland played well in that one whereas neither team played well in this game) But then most people voted that Ireland game as the best game of the year.

Australia didn't play all that well, the all blacks played worse. So many bad decisions.

Felt sorry for Akira having to come off early on his debut due to the ofa red. Jordan too getting concussed straight after coming on.

but congratulations to the wallabies, well done on rattling our players

Last edited:
Spot on from @ Umanga's Witness sums up match in nutshell.
Correct result , Correct cards, interesting for neutral ; both sets of fans from Aus and NZ can run roughshod through faults in their teams and applaud the good bits.
Both teams renewing and are work in progress.

I enjoyed the match, as a neutral.
I can understand why fans of the sides wouldn't, but it was chaotic, the refereeing was all over the place and both teams were throwing in big hits (some... questionable) and running from everywhere.
Entertaining stuff, but I bet the coaches were pulling their hair out

Latest posts