• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Scotland (01/02/20)

I'd consider Addison at 13 now. Bit suspect in defence but I think we need some go.forward and creativity in the centres of Ringrose isn't there. All due respect to Aki, Henshaw and Farrell I can't make a centre pairing I like out of them. I think leave Larmour where he is at 15 for the time being anyway.
I think Deegan and his bad facial hair come straight in. As others have said O'Mahony and VDF don't work in a back row. I didn't think VDF was that good yesterday but O'Mahony is the man you have to drop tbf. CJ had the best game he's had in a long while yesterday and had to seriously carry his other two mates.
Murray again not great. Had a decent start I thought but then just went to pot. Disapointed he didn't bring his best. Cooney deserves a shot even though I'm not convinced he's a sure thing at this level he took the sting out of the game at vital moments yesterday.

I'd consider Addison at 13 now. Bit suspect in defence but I think we need some go.forward and creativity in the centres of Ringrose isn't there. All due respect to Aki, Henshaw and Farrell I can't make a centre pairing I like out of them. I think leave Larmour where he is at 15 for the time being anyway.
I think Deegan and his bad facial hair come straight in. As others have said O'Mahony and VDF don't work in a back row. I didn't think VDF was that good yesterday but O'Mahony is the man you have to drop tbf. CJ had the best game he's had in a long while yesterday and had to seriously carry his other two mates.
Murray again not great. Had a decent start I thought but then just went to pot. Disapointed he didn't bring his best. Cooney deserves a shot even though I'm not convinced he's a sure thing at this level he took the sting out of the game at vital moments yesterday.
I don't know if I'd trust Addison in midfield to be honest. Ringer is now the guy where there is the biggest drop off in talent from 1st to 2nd choice.

Leave Deegan's stache alone, he looks like a Guy Fawkes mask and it's time for him to batter the international stage. I feel terrible for Doris but Deegan was my pick anyway.

Guys this thread has had some really valuable talk on xenophobia. I have a lot of research to do to stay woke for next week's match thread.
Screenshot_20200202-214532.jpg

@The Alpha Bro yeah I'm not sure if he's worth risking for the D, but I don't think we can win the championship with the centres we finished yesterday with. Gulf between Ringrose and others is huge. I could see the Welsh running riot on Addison though to be fair.
Deegan won't be let hold the mascots hand with the facial hair as is man.

According to the 42 it's the next two games for Ringrose, so we should have him back by the end. Those two are Wales and England though.

Guys this thread has had some really valuable talk on xenophobia. I have a lot of research to do to stay woke for next week's match thread.
View attachment 8043

No you're all good... apparently Wales is the last outpost in regards to it being socially acceptable to be prejudiced towards for some reason :oops:.

Last edited:
I was primarily just happy that Scotland didn't have the game lost by the 20th minute for a change.... Hogg well yes he made an arse of it, seems to be given a lot of attention to his reaction personally I don't give a toss whatever gets you off I guess, the score didn't happen so move on...

Once again not enough cutting edge and not enough points won at the green end of the pitch, the forwards had a wee bit about them for a change Sutherland, Fagerson, Gray and new man Haining all seemed pretty prominent at different stages. Happy with Hastings too Finn shouldn't be near starting for the Calcutta Cup IMO.

Nowhere near good enough but at least some of the big concerns over energy and effort were not so obvious.

It might of also helped if he hadn't opened his trap whilst England were on a massive winning streak. If he said something now most would go well the last two matches were a win and a draw so he might have a point.

In 2015 last time they played they lost at home 20-0

That was 2014. In 2015, Scotland were actually leading 13-10, but eventually lost 25-13.

If Round One is anything to go by, it seems that Wales and Ireland have reverted to late 00's type: Wales have middling-cum-poor regional teams but raise their game internationally, while Ireland have all-powerful provinces (well, Leinster at least) but cannot really translate this into Test matches.

That was 2014. In 2015, Scotland were actually leading 13-10, but eventually lost 25-13.
You misunderstood what I meant when he made his comments in 2015 the last time they played was the 2014 game as he made them before the match. It's a bit rich to say the opposition don't respect you when the last time you played you get nilled at home.

You misunderstood what I meant when he made his comments in 2015 the last time they played was the 2014 game as he made them before the match. It's a bit rich to say the opposition don't respect you when the last time you played you get nilled at home.

Seriously, give it a rest mate. It's getting boring now. You hate the guy. We get it.

Seriously, give it a rest mate. It's getting boring now. You hate the guy. We get it.
I did someone misinterpreted what I said and was merely clarifying what I said (early Sunday morning) no need to get upplity someone else bought it up, not me.

I did someone misinterpreted what I said and was merely clarifying what I said (early Sunday morning) no need to get upplity someone else bought it up, not me.

Not uppity. I'm just bored of your childish trolling. It's pathetic that you are clinging to an old quote (that wasn't even offensive) to pedal your flimsy hate agenda. It was the same when you call all landlords shits on another thread and then tried to backtrack by changing 'all' to 'most' which is still bang out of order. Hope hitting dislike made you feel good. IDGAF.

Not uppity. I'm just bored of your childish trolling. It's pathetic that you are clinging to an old quote (that wasn't even offensive) to pedal your flimsy hate agenda. It was the same when you call all landlords shits on another thread and then tried to backtrack by changing 'all' to 'most' which is still bang out of order. Hope hitting dislike made you feel good. IDGAF.
If you wanna **** talk me for stuff I said in other threads bring it up there it has no place in a match thread.

I'm not clinging to an old quote someone literally went though this thread last night and misinterpreted something I said when several other forum members were talking about it quoted what I said and I was merely replying back to him.

So kindly **** right off singling me out as someone who has some sort of vendetta or trolling. Because honestly I give far zero fucks about a quote from 4 years ago then the bloke trying to con the ref by celebrating a try he knew he didn't score.

Everyone knows it's not a swear word if it's plural.
Never noticed that one before I know the swear filter can be quite flippant at times in regards to some words definitely being swears it doesn't pick up but I thought it got pluralisations and mid word ones.

Latest posts