• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland Squad

Big loss for Scotland, Hastings is a decent player but simply not on the same level as Russell.

It sounds like, while he's definitely not playing in the Ireland match... things could be smoothed over for the rest of the tournament.

Latest on Finn... late night drinking sesh on Sunday Night. Was urged on numerous occasions by senior players and coaches to stop but he declined. Eventually left the camp and stayed at his folks, not returning to camp for training on Monday morning. He eventually turned up on Monday evening, where he was told that he wouldn't be in the 23 for the Ireland game and he left.

Latest on Finn... late night drinking sesh on Sunday Night. Was urged on numerous occasions by senior players and coaches to stop but he declined. Eventually left the camp and stayed at his folks, not returning to camp for training on Monday morning. He eventually turned up on Monday evening, where he was told that he wouldn't be in the 23 for the Ireland game and he left.

You can see the effect of playing for Racing. Sounds like the French have taught him how to go on strike!
I fully back the coaches here. I hope he comes to his senses and realises he's been a tool and has let his team mates and country down. Thankfully Hastings is in good form. Not as good as Russell but not the worst back up option.

He got drunk and when told to stop he didnt, he missed training and so was told he was not playing the first game. Got invited to training and said no.

Thats the gist i got of it

Seriously, if thats true them he doesnt deserve to play the 6N. Drinking too much wrong but forgivable with one way conversation and an appology, missing training, requires some punishment and an apology. But after all that refusing training comes across a petulant.

I may be wrong about what happened. But if ive got it right then no sympathy.

If that's true Russell is a prick with ears and Townsend shouldn't let him near the squad unless he apologizes to coaches and team.
He got drunk and when told to stop he didnt, he missed training and so was told he was not playing the first game. Got invited to training and said no.

Thats the gist i got of it

Seriously, if thats true them he doesnt deserve to play the 6N. Drinking too much wrong but forgivable with one way conversation and an appology, missing training, requires some punishment and an apology. But after all that refusing training comes across a petulant.

I may be wrong about what happened. But if ive got it right then no sympathy.
'Classic' case of Billy Big-B*****ks.

I mean it is the most Scottish way to get kicked off the squad short of headbutting someone or sacking York.

He does seem to be going full Cipriani though, great talent but his petulance and arrogance could put a massive brake on his international prospects. No coach likes a prima donna who thinks they are above everyone else.

Last edited:
More bad news for the Scots with Darcy Graham out of the Ireland match with a knee injury.

Weir has been called up post Finn-gate.

A true leader (Dan biggar and Owen Farrell) would have done anything possible to get on the pitch Monday morning. They would be hospitalized due to heart palpitations and dehydration but they would be on the field.

A true leader (Dan biggar and Owen Farrell) would have done anything possible to get on the pitch Monday morning. They would be hospitalized due to heart palpitations and dehydration but they would be on the field.
Biggs plays World Cup matches with heart-palps... child's play for a man of his caliber.

upload_2020-1-24_18-0-43.gif

:D:D:D:D

Twist in the story. Just heard from a reliable source Finn had drank three and a half Bacardi breezers, told Townsend he missed his dad bod boy toy Simon Zebo and ran crying from the hotel. Racing players rallying around Finn in support for a Girls night with vino and Chinese food. Nakarawa not responding to the group chat as per usual. Incredible scenes.

Hope we win obviously but hope Hastings goes well. He's a fine player and Scotland squad deserves better. Don't want to count our chickens but if we absolutely leather Scotland the competition will be worse for it. Also harsh sexy didn't make the list of men who would lay it all out to play.

Anyone who took their job half-seriously wouldn't have been up till all hours on the **** the night before while repeatedly ignoring senior players/managers when he was told to stop.

Anyone who took their job half-seriously wouldn't have been up till all hours on the **** the night before while repeatedly ignoring senior players/managers when he was told to stop.

if you took my post as anything other than a joke about those two doing coke to get through a hungover practice I don't know what to tell uou

The game has gone soft! Back in the glory days players you have a few pints before a test match. Not like these pansy players these days who don't even drink at all!

Latest posts