• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 6 Australia v Argentina (02/10/2021)

could be a short thread....not smart Puma's, you've been in Aus for long enough that there are no excuses for thinking you can just cross state borders

1632955916745.png

The Argentine Rugby Union (UAR) has named the eight team members as players Sebastián Cancelliere, Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, Felipe Ezcurra, Pablo Matera, Santiago Medrano and Santiago Socino, along with manager Lucas Chioccarelli and video analyst Rodrigo Martínez

that's probably 3 of their 23. Two props though, thats the last thing they needed.

Last edited:
Matera
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Wasnt that no arms tackle+shoulder on head on our #9 reasonably obvious?

Wallabies are playing great rugby at times. Real great to watch the players join the line and pass around. Quade Cooper is playing such mature rugby. Great stuff.

Pumas looked great at the end of one of the games against the boks, with Sanchez. If only they had taken note and tried to play that high pace offload game from the start of their subsequent games. And instead they ended up ditching Sanchez altogether and not really taking too many risks. They've been so disappointing.

Just gotta love watching Cooper. This team has got so much more mojo than they had when they played the all blacks

Yeah this is great stuff. Coopers timing is pin point. Kellaway also been really good. Arg are dropping heads fast.

Montoya been a good captain for Argentina.
Maybe not as emotional as Matera but he's a rock who leads by example.

Yeah. I've seen guys get red carded for less. No arms... You could argue he touches shoulder first, but it's between a yc and a rc.
They even repeated it during the transmition. I can't see how they missed it.

Montoya been a good captain for Argentina.

Montoya +14, for me. I feel terribly sorry for him given the actual state of affairs.
He always delivers. He doesn't have Creevy's offload game but on fixed and dynamic formations he is better imo. He's a better defender too.
And he is way less shy than Matera when it comes to talking to officials.

Yeah. I've seen guys get red carded for less. No arms... You could argue he touches shoulder first, but it's between a yc and a rc.
They even repeated it during the transmition. I can't see how they missed it.

Montoya +14, for me. I feel terribly sorry for him given the actual state of affairs.
He always delivers. He doesn't have Creevy's offload game but on fixed and dynamic formations he is better imo. He's a better defender too.
And he is way less shy than Matera when it comes to talking to officials.
He comes across as petulant when interacting with the ref though. And in the post match interview. I think he'll improve with more experience.

The decision to take the three at the end of the first half was also a clear tactical error.

Does he? On the pitch? Gotta be a cultural thing or something. You actually made me look up the definition of petulant just to eliminate any doubt. I have to disagree.
I didnt see the post match interview.

Regarding the 3 points, i agree 100% on that it was an error, but i blame Ledesma for it, not Montoya. These kinds of decisions are, as far as I'm aware, all done prior to the game and the only real considerations are how the kicker feels about it and whether the pack needs a small break or not.

I'm very disappointed in Argentina, going 0-6. Kudos to the Aussies for finishing with a decisive win.

Latest posts