• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

Scotland naturally want the game to take place.

Excerpt from the BBC Sport website
"A postponement could have left Townsend without over 10 members of his squad, who would have to return to their clubs in England and France due to World Rugby player release regulations."

Scotland naturally want the game to take place.

Excerpt from the BBC Sport website
"A postponement could have left Townsend without over 10 members of his squad, who would have to return to their clubs in England and France due to World Rugby player release regulations."
FRro what I've seen, everyone has been worried that a postponement would have meant that Scotland lose access to 10 players; but no-one cared much that Frace would have lost access to 23 players

FRro what I've seen, everyone has been worried that a postponement would have meant that Scotland lose access to 10 players; but no-one cared much that Frace would have lost access to 23 players
Well it's understandable why they'd be more concerned at Scotland losing players than France.

Well it's understandable why they'd be more concerned at Scotland losing players than France.
Absolutely, but comments (not here) saying "Postponement would be unfair to Scotland, and put them at a disadvantage as they'd lose access to overseas players"

Here is just where I'm first seeing the conversation in general whilst tired and irritable - sorry.

Frances issues are down to their own processes, whereas if Scotland suffered it would be a product not of their making, therefore unfair

Why should Scotland suffer from French incompetence?

Frances issues are down to their own processes, whereas if Scotland suffered it would be a product not of their making, therefore unfair

Because they wouldn't suffer

With 10 leading players they wouldn't suffer?
Where France lose access to circa 200 players...

Dont get me wrong, France should forfeit, and if people have broken their Covid bubbles, they should be disciplined.
But I don't get the argument that says postponing favours France, as they merely lose every player who's club wants them, rather than every overseas player who's club wants them.

What is the reason for all this groaning and moaning, you're bound to lose this match anyway (that is to say, if decided on the pitch).
Would you really like to hear for the next 20 years that the sole victory of a scottish team in Paris this century was related to the Covid 19 pandemic ?

Where France lose access to circa 200 players...
France failed their bubble, c'est la vie. Not Scotland's problem.

A rearranged fixture could have big consequences when one of their main play makers is kept out by not being released by s French club and potentially English clubs stopping other vital play makers.

France have far more players to choose from than Scotland who have a much much smaller player base

What is the reason for all this groaning and moaning, you're bound to lose this match anyway (that is to say, if decided on the pitch).
Would you really like to hear for the next 20 years that the sole victory of a scottish team in Paris this century was related to the Covid 19 pandemic ?
Remind me who won Sco v Fra last year and who beat England this year

France failed their bubble, c'est la vie. Not Scotland's problem.

A rearranged fixture could have big consequences when one of their main play makers is kept out by not being released by s French club and potentially English clubs stopping other vital play makers.

France have far more players to choose from than Scotland who have a much much smaller player base
Which isn't the point I'm bringing up.
Remember, France have as much control over France based players as Scotland have ove France based players.

Postponement is a huge advantage to Scotland, but it's being painted as a huge advantage to France.

Which isn't the point I'm bringing up.
Remember, France have as much control over France based players as Scotland have ove France based players.

Postponement is a huge advantage to Scotland, but it's being painted as a huge advantage to France.
What advantage do Scotland gain from postponement? How does the loss of 10 key players help them?

How on earth you rationalise that is beyond me.

French clubs could be persuaded to release players for France if a grand slam is in the offing

Easily - see my comments above.

I disagree that player release would be easy for France - which is obviously key here.

A team of 1st choice club players really ought to beat a team who don't make the bench at club level - regardless of how many clubs are involved in the makeup.

We're not talking about France's 2nd XV here, were talking about their 22nd XV!

Remind me who won Sco v Fra last year and who beat England this year
Haouas would not have been on the field this time as he is Covid positive, and the rest of the team is probably much smarter. So you'd better think twice, maybe a postponement is a better idea for Scotland after all, he might be on the field again next time.
As for winning against England, a third string French team was as close as a Brace décision to win against them in November, so we live in a world where everything is possible.

Latest posts