• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

In terms of the game colour doesn't matter (card)

Remember Bismarck did similar elbow off on Messam a few years ago and also got sent off.

Has there ever been a six nations with more red cards? I don't like it, I wan't teams beating each outher 15 on 15.
I kind of agree, but the responsibility is on the players. The refs are enforcing the laws and the players need to fix their game. They know the rules.

Has there ever been a six nations with more red cards? I don't like it, I wan't teams beating each outher 15 on 15.
Unsure it's going to be high up there. When the protocols were bought in about head shots we saw a raft of them but it looked like players had adjusted but they appear to have lost their brains during COVID.

Remember Bismarck did similar elbow off on Messam a few years ago and also got sent off.
I have some sympathy with players in this situation because it's a reflex more than anything

Bismarck used to his his elbow/forearm as a weapon though - would line people up with it

It's the same as tackling/rucking without wrapping. Players need to learn that they are running the risk of red. Wether they mean it or not, all it takes a slight misjudgment from yellow to red.

Presume this 6N has had by far the most reds?

Certainly a red by the letter of the law and the way we've seen such incidents reffed. The intent of player protection is also clear and laudible but I feel the framework lacks something in appreciating how things happen in real time.

Can anyyone think of a game (not involving Italy) where there haven't been any cards? And we all know that cards determine results. This is really worrying.

Presume this 6N has had by far the most reds?

Certainly a red by the letter of the law and the way we've seen such incidents reffed. The intent of player protection is also clear and laudible but I feel the framework lacks something in appreciating how things happen in real time.
Two inches lower and he's completely fine. And it is instinctive, it's complicated by the fact it's instinct but still zero mitigation due to where he hit and why he did.

Ah well 21 point was always going to be way too big an ask. Great game of rugby though.

Latest posts