• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Scotland vs Italy (20/03/2021)

Haven't seen Scotland 2nd in the table for a long time

Have to agree with Guscott, can't really take too much from this game from a Scottish point of view.

Have to agree with Guscott, can't really take too much from this game from a Scottish point of view.
Standard English response.

England win 41-18, England played well.

Scotland win 52-10, we shouldn't take much from this.

You couldn't make that up.

Scotland had 3rd and 4th string players today, England had all their players available

You couldn't make that up
You shouldn't read anything from any Italy win at the moment.

Scotland had 3rd and 4th string players today, England had all their players available
And wales got capped as Grand Slam winners last week after beating Italy

Standard Scottish response.

I said England still played badly after the Italy game and said it didn't tell us much, so maybe stop being so pathetic and making assumptions. I don't think any other team in the 6Ns can learn much against Italy.

Did some quick checking, this year Italy have already smashed through their previous record for worst points difference in the 6N. The previous worst was -151 in 2017, they are already at -184. Also the idea that Italy are improving, 3 of their 5 worst PD scores are within the last 5 years. I made this little chart below. It's a pretty damning trend of NOT improving, especially in the last 7 years or so where they have got noticeably worse.

1616258433601.png

Actually you can make it up because you just did. I don't recall anyone saying England could take much from the Italy game.

Paranoid dribble that is usually the forte of the Welsh.

Did some quick checking, this year Italy have already smashed through their previous record for worst points difference in the 6N. The previous worst was -151 in 2017, they are already at -184. Also the idea that Italy are improving, 3 of their 5 worst PD scores are within the last 5 years. I made this little chart below. It's a pretty damning trend of NOT improving, especially in the last 7 years or so where they have got noticeably worse.

View attachment 10019

Actually you can make it up because you just did. I don't recall anyone saying England could take much from the Italy game.
Can't argue with this.

Amazing stat Scotland metres carried was 1210 and VDM accounted for 220 of them

And wales got capped as Grand Slam winners last week after beating Italy
That's because they had won all their games and were going for the grand slam?

Scotland did what expected, VDM looks scary in attack. Didn't really see the point of playing Hogg at 10. Yeah he did fine but any time Hastings or Russell is fit he will not play there anyways.

That's because they had won all their games and were going for the grand slam?

Scotland did what expected, VDM looks scary in attack. Didn't really see the point of playing Hogg at 10. Yeah he did fine but any time Hastings or Russell is fit he will not play there anyways.

Think it was only because Hastings was out - available for Glasgow but I guess excluded as not in camp. Jaco has been out too. Glad they tried it if only to show how much it didn't work - scoreboard was fine but our attack wasn't up to much!

Think it was only because Hastings was out - available for Glasgow but I guess excluded as not in camp. Jaco has been out too. Glad they tried it if only to show how much it didn't work - scoreboard was fine but our attack wasn't up to much!
Was Goat Ducan Weir out as well? I do wonder, perhaps a bit cynically, if it was just to appease a Hogg itch.

Latest posts