• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Those 2 times to my knowledge also happen to be the only 2 times. Bearing in mind the instances in question aren't a case where the game is a bit chaotic and things can miss, they are instances where the game has stopped and the ref is in complete control over when it restarts. This ref has now had 2 restarts, one where we didn't even have our replacement HIA on the field and a second restart where he told the captain to speak to the team then called time on the second the captain did that.

These aren't cases of a ref getting it wrong in the heat of the moment but cases where a ref is the sole person on the field deciding when play starts and in FULL control of the game and 2 times back to back he has deliberately and illegally ****** anyone over. There are no excuses that can be made for this. He is under no pressure to let it go, nothing has happened at all in the game since the call of time off, he is in full control and both time he wilfully ****** us over with no warning. This goes beyond incompetence, this is something he and he alone had control over and he alone allowed to start. He wasn't reacting to a situation, in both cases he was the instigator by calling time on when it was completely inappropriate to do so. At the very least WR need to give him a stern talking to over how your restart time. They adjusted the rules once because of his bullshit, are they going to have to adjust them again because we have a ref wilfully bending the rules to breaking point against us?
... it happens to us all... it's just in this particular case there are 55 million in agreement. Work that one out!

... it happens to us all... it's just in this particular case there are 55 million in agreement. Work that one out!
Show me another example of a ref messing a team over during time off beyond the comparison I mentioned of SA vs Ireland (which is widely regarded as awful refereeing and a try that should not have been allowed).

again we aren't talking marginal calls and differences in interpretation, we are talking a ref one 1 occasion blatantly ignoring the laws and on another telling players time is off only seconds later to inform the other time time will be on without also informing the defending team. These aren't matters of interpretation but matters of blatant unfair refereeing. He has all the time in the world to take in the situation and respond accordingly and both times he has consciously chosen to **** us over.

Is there any defence for allowing play to continue mid HIA replacement so 1 team is a man down and the ref ******* knowing it? NO
Is there any defence to telling a captain to talk to his team and that time is off and then, after conversing with only 1 side, calling time on without giving the other team any sort of warning? NO

Neither were a case of events beyond his control, they were entirely his decisions both times with a full view of what what happening and both times he took an action he KNEW would **** one team over.

Last edited:
Show me another example of a ref messing a team over during time off beyond the comparison I mentioned of SA vs Ireland (which is widely regarded as awful refereeing and a try that should not have been allowedreall

1614476398592.jpeg

Last edited:
Was that try scored in time off? No
Was it a marginal call decided by 1 frame? Yes
Was it during the heat of play? Yes

Seriously? I mean if we want to go down that route I could show the Webb try from a few years back where Faletau fished it out from the front row and it was allowed. I explicitly asked where the ref had messed about with time being off and time was not off in that case. This is not about reviewing marginal calls after the event but having a direct impact on the game as it is being played.

Was that try scored in time off? No
Was it a marginal call decided by 1 frame? Yes
Was it during the heat of play? Yes

Seriously? I mean if we want to go down that route I could show the Webb try from a few years back where Faletau fished it out from the front row and it was allowed. I explicitly asked where the ref had messed about with time being off and time was not off in that case. This is not about reviewing marginal calls after the event but having a direct impact on the game as it is being played.
Listen dude, all I'm saying is that things go against us sometimes.

Please, go ahead and check how I've reacted to ANY contentious referee decisions that have gone against Wales since I've been on here. There may be one or two I refer to but I'm pretty sure that have never whined-like a *****. I could be wrong though, we were all young once!

Last edited:
Ok. I said earlier in this thread before this weekend I hope we don't talk about ref decisions... how flipping wrong was I?!

So, my own breakdown (as bias as I am obvs gonna sound)...

Try 1 - so before the ref allowed time back on, some England players were alert, broke from the huddle and covered the right channels, as in Wales facing forward. Not so much effort of players covering the left side.
If you are gonna *****, how about Chris White telling Wales there is enough time on the clock (against Italy) to kick to touch and then blowing the final whistle.
**** happens... at least this wasn't the end of the match.

Try 2 - real time, knock on all day. Replay, unbelievable luck that the ball didn't ACTUALLY knock on. There's no issue with this surely?!

With that being said, anyone who actually plays or has played rugby (which I hope a majority on here have or do), how many games have you played in where you get the scores level and your team mates start shouting "Right lads, it's nil-nil". England just needed to push on, they didn't, Wales did.

I will admit, I didn't rate our chances before this years tourney, but here we are 3 from 3. I know it's not popular especially on this board but as a Welsh fan, I'm loving it.... as would any of you lot of it was your team.

So we can beat 15 men, and we had a bit of luck... or as I'm calling it, street smarts!

I truly am gutted that this will probably mean more Welsh contingent in the Lions squad. I really don't want any of our boys there .... (selfishly speaking)!

Hard lines... no gloats from this Welshy!!

I'm pretty sure that have never whined-like a *****
Now?

There's no issue with this surely?!
I mean the only people who are saying it wasn't a knock on are Wales fans (and the **** ref) - ex-Wales players, Welsh pundits and (supposedly) the best ref in the world all say it's a very clear knock on

Now?

I mean the only people who are saying it wasn't a knock on are Wales fans (and the **** ref) - ex-Wales players, Welsh pundits and (supposedly) the best ref in the world all say it's a very clear knock on
I've actually only just read Nigel Owens take on the link above. Fair enough, I will concede I'm wrong. I took it as if the ball hits below the knee, no knock on. Above the knee is.
Nige know the law better than most people on here so fair enough, it shouldn't have stood!
But still, I will stand that at 24-24, there's nothing in the game and it could go either way regardless of what has happened before that time period.

I really REALLY wanted Wales to win without controversy! Alas, it's gonna wind any non-Welsh person up for weeks to come

I've actually only just read Nigel Owens take on the link above. Fair enough, I will concede I'm wrong. I took it as if the ball hits below the knee, no knock on. Above the knee is.
Nige know the law better than most people on here so fair enough, it shouldn't have stood!
But still, I will stand that at 24-24, there's nothing in the game and it could go either way regardless of what has happened before that time period.

I really REALLY wanted Wales to win without controversy! Alas, it's gonna wind any non-Welsh person up for weeks to come
Aye, as I said above - I've no issue with Wales winning: they were the better side in the second half, our discipline was horrendous and we just couldn't get a foothold

I just don't think the refereeing should be paved over, though: As mentioned somewhere early on: players mistakes will be replayed for their whole career and they will be brought to task for them, referees have this untouchable aura around them where you're not supposed to question their decisions even if they're demonstrably wrong. I think that's wrong, as the standard of refereeing is... lacklustre...Across the board, and excusing **** ups like this won't improve things

it's win win. Wales fans wanted to win and England fans wanted to lose so everyone is happy.

No comment? ;)

Aye, as I said above - I've no issue with Wales winning: they were the better side in the second half, our discipline was horrendous and we just couldn't get a foothold

I just don't think the refereeing should be paved over, though: As mentioned somewhere early on: players mistakes will be replayed for their whole career and they will be brought to task for them, referees have this untouchable aura around them where you're not supposed to question their decisions even if they're demonstrably wrong. I think that's wrong, as the standard of refereeing is... lacklustre...Across the board, and excusing **** ups like this won't improve things
I do agree with you here. We've all been on the wrong side of ref decisions in big games. I 100% understand the frustration. But in perspective do we honestly think that refs have a bias towards (or against) teams?

Also, it can't be an easy job.

I don't have answers for how to deal with it though. Yes they should be scrutinised but even that has possible side effects.

This year doesn't count without fans anyway

And poor ref decisions have 'actually' affected results before dude... we all get over it (we shouldn't have too... but England and every other national side have both prospered and faltered as a result MANY times before).

You honestly think his performance today was acceptable for an international referee?
Have I even implied I agree with either of the controversial decisions (save you from checking... I haven't)!?!? All I've tried to say is...CHILL! IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE FOR GAWDS SAKE!

Seriously, I (& probably many others) have consciously avoided whining like a ***** about decisions because there are so many English fans on here that even if a decision is blatantly incorrect (if it negatively affects England) there is no point even mentioning it as a mob mentality would take ahold regardless of righteousness.

I love the hardcore contingent who are still on here at 3am.
Booze makes me alert as well.
oh how I wish I was in live lounge in Cardiff right now making bad decisions!

still gotta love 6N weekends whichever side of the fence you sit!

I love the hardcore contingent who are still on here at 3am.
Booze makes me alert as well.
oh how I wish I was in live lounge in Cardiff right now making bad decisions!

still gotta love 6N weekends whichever side of the fence you sit!
Damn, is it 3am! Lol... it ain't even 2:59!

Latest posts