• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1614072283381.png

Unfortunately I can see Wales winning this. They showed at least some degree of attacking inventiveness against Scotland even before the red. We showed none against Scotland. I feel they will be fired up chasing the triple crown and a grand slam too... Will gladly be proven wrong but this England team just look like they can't get fired up.

Last edited:
Wales always raise their game vs England,
We always drop ours vs them

Teams are probably on a level atm, so us dropping and them raising makes their win inevitable

In a perverse kind of way I almost want us to lose this. We need change and if that's what it takes to bring it about, so be it.

I suspect though that the same old suspects will scrape us through by a couple of points, so we can rinse and repeat the same arguments ad nauseam.

This will be a fun weekend....

Remember fellow posters, it's only a game. So keep your insults to private messages.

Another crazy suggestion, people at least watch one replay before posting claiming 'that should be a red card' or 'ref got it wrong'

I'm still unsure how crap/good Wales even are. They are definitely better than they were last Autumn but have been rather inconsistent and have too long spells where the opposition is controlling possession and territory. Will England actually try play a little? Or just kick a lot?

In a perverse kind of way I almost want us to lose this. We need change and if that's what it takes to bring it about, so be it.
For the first time ever, I think I agree with you. (I know, I'm as appalled as you are. Don't tell anyone. ;)) For the first time I can remember, I don't feel too bothered about us losing a game. It's not just that it should bring about changes as you say, but also the ***le will be gone and hopefully the team can then loosen up for the final two games. They've just seemed so uptight since the WC final, maybe because they've been constant favourites and England never seem to respond well to that? It would be nice to see them playing with a smile on their faces again, like they were in 2019.

Also, a loss by England will ensure Pivac keeps his job, and Wales can continue looking confused in all areas for years to come...

Having said all that, this time last year England went into round 3 having played terrible in the opener and lost it, albeit getting a losing bonus point, then put together an unspectacular win to follow it up. They were going into a match against an Ireland team that had won their first two games of the tournament, and everyone was complaining that Lawes should not be picked again at 6 and Eddie had clearly lost the plot. Lawes proceeded to get MOTM as England tonked Ireland with a dominant performance. So if history repeats itself, I will deny this post was ever written. :p

Another crazy suggestion, people at least watch one replay before posting claiming 'that should be a red card' or 'ref got it wrong'

I'm still unsure how crap/good Wales even are. They are definitely better than they were last Autumn but have been rather inconsistent and have too long spells where the opposition is controlling possession and territory. Will England actually try play a little? Or just kick a lot?
talking of kicking I thought Wales kicking just gave the ball away to the opposition, now I know this is a so called tactic but, Scotland asked so many questions with their kicking game, wont England do the same, I just hope Wales play a better kicking game I have also learned that Ellis Jenkins has returned to playing hope all goes well for him as we really need a 7 of his calibre, I just hope his come back goes without incident.

For the first time ever, I think I agree with you. (I know, I'm as appalled as you are. Don't tell anyone. ;)) For the first time I can remember, I don't feel too bothered about us losing a game. It's not just that it should bring about changes as you say, but also the ***le will be gone and hopefully the team can then loosen up for the final two games. They've just seemed so uptight since the WC final, maybe because they've been constant favourites and England never seem to respond well to that? It would be nice to see them playing with a smile on their faces again, like they were in 2019.

Also, a loss by England will ensure Pivac keeps his job, and Wales can continue looking confused in all areas for years to come...

Having said all that, this time last year England went into round 3 having played terrible in the opener and lost it, albeit getting a losing bonus point, then put together an unspectacular win to follow it up. They were going into a match against an Ireland team that had won their first two games of the tournament, and everyone was complaining that Lawes should not be picked again at 6 and Eddie had clearly lost the plot. Lawes proceeded to get MOTM as England tonked Ireland with a dominant performance. So if history repeats itself, I will deny this post was ever written. :p
I would have said the same regarding Pivac before the Scotland game, but there was a glimmer of hope, our defence is much better,, Falutau has regained some form our front row have stood up well and we have some backs that will punish you given the opportunity, so a glimmer

talking of kicking I thought Wales kicking just gave the ball away to the opposition, now I know this is a so called tactic but, Scotland asked so many questions with their kicking game, wont England do the same, I just hope Wales play a better kicking game I have also learned that Ellis Jenkins has returned to playing hope all goes well for him as we really need a 7 of his calibre, I just hope his come back goes without incident.
not sure if Ellis will make this tourney, at all , the kicking by wales improved when Davies and Biggar went off , well to me it looked like that .

Wales kicked poorly against Scotland and Scotland did beat Wales in the kicking game but they also beat England in that department the week before. Jenkins put in a real good shift against Connacht on Saturday, you wouldn't have thought that he has been injured for over 800 days! He needs a solid run of games then pick him for the summer internationals. One to look out for is Jac Morgan though, he's looking really impressive for a 20 YO. I wouldn't pick him for this 6 nations but again would play in him the summer for Wales.

Equation is pretty simple. England red card. Wales win. And we'll sink a sh*t load of ale in the process.

Wales probably slight favourites which is a fking miracle considering how bad we were in the autumn. We're still sh*te...just less sh*te than then!

not sure if Ellis will make this tourney, at all , the kicking by wales improved when Davies and Biggar went off , well to me it looked like that .
I think Davies is too slow around the breakdown as for bigger what you see is what you have, but definitely there was an improvement overall when the two half backs were replaced. but I'm not sure if they would be good enough to start.

Latest posts