• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

If anyone is getting a red it's Farrell. The added pressure of him playing pants and not being dropped and having to captain the team. He'll hit a head and get a red and everyone can cheer together.
You're forgetting ref always find an excuse for him not to. So actually everyone can have a meltdown together,

Stop being horrible to poor old Nigel you meanies.
I'm sorry, I'll make you a brew in my official Nigel Owens branded mug

1614092124042.png

Confirmed that Wales have a fully fit squad to pick from bar Tomos Williams (which is a shame as he's clearly our best 9) but can't moan as usually we've got at least 4 or 5 first team players out.

Really interesting to see what Pivac does in the back line. The pack picks itself but does he keep North at 13 or does he throw J. Davies in there straight away. Does he bring Adams straight back. Biggar or Sheedy at 10, Halfpenny? Tough calls.

Weirdly there's not any back line that he could pick that would **** me off. I personally don't think Gareth Davies should start nor do I think J Davies warrants a start but I'm not exactly going to be kicking up a fuss of they both do. Some massive headaches for the staff this week.

Still not entirely convinced by North at 13 but it's a better choice than a rather lacklustre Jon Davies who probably needs to go back to Scarlets and just get some game time in. I don't think a back line of Biggar, Williams and North will be able to break down the England defence with the ball in hand it will have to be a kicking game. Would expect Hardy to start, he passed and kicked better than Davies last time out.

If that is on the end of it, sure.

Born in Bromley, he's English. Went to the same school as me in fact so there :p

His younger brother chose to play for Wales under 20s as a scrum half/went to Uni in Swansea I think. Didn't make it to the very top level because lacked the pace of Josh. Their Mum's Welsh IIRC. Josh could have chosen to play for them as well, but obviously wanted to win the big prize. ;).

His younger brother chose to play for Wales under 20s as a scrum half/went to Uni in Swansea I think. Didn't make it to the very top level because lacked the pace of Josh. Their Mum's Welsh IIRC. Josh could have chosen to play for them as well, but obviously wanted to win the big prize. ;).

I could be wrong but I think both his parents are Welsh and both brothers. The indoctrination obviously worked on his brothers but Josh needed a higher level of brainwashing, evidently.

I could be wrong but I think both his parents are Welsh and both brothers. The indoctrination obviously worked on his brothers but Josh needed a higher level of brainwashing, evidently.

Haha.
Could well be both parents. I was just recalling from memory rather than googling it. As the younger brother was in my year at school and recall we were on a field trip in Wales and someone started making sheep noises on the coach and got a punch from his younger brother and recall he said something like "my mum's Welsh."

Confirmed that Wales have a fully fit squad to pick from bar Tomos Williams (which is a shame as he's clearly our best 9) but can't moan as usually we've got at least 4 or 5 first team players out.

Really interesting to see what Pivac does in the back line. The pack picks itself but does he keep North at 13 or does he throw J. Davies in there straight away. Does he bring Adams straight back. Biggar or Sheedy at 10, Halfpenny? Tough calls.

Weirdly there's not any back line that he could pick that would **** me off. I personally don't think Gareth Davies should start nor do I think J Davies warrants a start but I'm not exactly going to be kicking up a fuss of they both do. Some massive headaches for the staff this week.
If I were Pivac I would 100% pick Halfpenny at 15. May not be the biggest running threat but that guy's positioning is perfect which based on recent England tactics is pretty essential.

If I were Pivac I would 100% pick Halfpenny at 15. May not be the biggest running threat but that guy's positioning is perfect which based on recent England tactics is pretty essential.

Not to mention goal kicking as well which is usually very important in Wales/England game.

I'm torn on it personally as I much prefer Williams at full back than on the wing but you make a good point.

If he does start Halfpenny I wouldn't mind seeing Sheedy start with Bigs on the bench but I don't think Pivac will do that and I can get why as well to be fair.

Times this morning was saying that 1/2p is still going through the concussion protocols and while they expect him to be available that's not yet 100% guaranteed.

I'm not a doctor or nothing but you'd like to think we'd err on the side of caution when it comes to Halfpenny. It's not like he's in amazing form either to be honest.

100% if Earl, Malins, Robson and Lawrence are playing.

But our worst nightmare if Youngs and Binny etc are playing. It would be our quadrennial stellar performance and would seal their places until Jones goes.

Unfortunately I can only see Robson starting on Saturday. I'll be really p***ed off if Youngs starts again. It's bad enough Farrell is a given.

I'm not a doctor or nothing but you'd like to think we'd err on the side of caution when it comes to Halfpenny. It's not like he's in amazing form either to be honest.
Halfpenny's career is epic for someone who seems to fly under the radar. 95 Wales caps, 3rd highest Welsh points scorer ever (778), 4 Lions caps on three tours. Made his debut at 19 in 2008 so still only 32!

Latest posts