• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Looking at the knock on rules, no where does it actually say it's not a knock on if the ball doesn't hit the ground.

Not sure, but i believe it is implicit in the word knock. When you lose control and you regain before it hits ground it is not know on.
Maybe one of the resident refs could clarify.

Okay only just turned on the game, how much should I be screaming.....wait 3rd try fuuuuuu

Not sure, but i believe it is implicit in the word knock. When you lose control and you regain before it hits ground it is not know on.
Generally that is done where you hit the ball upwards and regather, not where it is hit downwards and happens to come off your leg.

Not true is it? Wales in 2017? Unless England were ahead before the 20 minute mark and then went back behind, but I don't think they were.
At 20 minutes eng were 8-3 ahead

For me any knock on is where the ball goes forward and your not in control. I know some players have lost control and managed to kick it and for me they still have enough control to kick it and it's intentional. There the ball went forward from the hand and he'd lost control, it then went back after hitting his body which was not intentional in anyway and definitely not in control. Wales then gain an advantage from it. Therefore knock on.

Generally that is done where you hit the ball upwards and regather, not where it is hit downwards and happens to come off your leg.
Yeah, that's for a regather we've seen times in a maul where a ball is dropped and caught before hitting the ground - knock-on
We've seen players drop the ball and manage to kick it as well - knock on

Latest posts