• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

The Ref (and 15 English and 12 or 13 Welsh on the pitch and 99% of those watching elsewhere) thought the ball would be going into the corner for an attacking line out, and so it didn't really matter where or if the English team were set or ready

Kudos to Biggar and Adams for thinking about the alternative option

Didn't see Adams put his hand up, but did see Williams walk over to Biggar just before time went back on and have a word - perhaps he had seen it or had the call and passed it on

Quick irrelevant point of order, don't you have to indicate what you intend to do with your kick to the ref? Or is that only of you attempting a conversion?

Don't think it matters does it? I mean, you could indicate touch and kick it short.

I actually think the ref thought that Biggar was going for the corner if I'm honest.

Don't think it matters does it? I mean, you could indicate touch and kick it short.
Yeah I mean it's all irrelevant at the end of the day the referee if game has been stopped (for any reason) the ref is meant to make sure both teams are ready for the restart.

I was just wondering if your supposed to indicate a touch attempt as opposed to a quick tap like with a conversion attempt.

We can put that one to bed when Rees-Zammit showed May a clean pair of heels in the footrace for the line.
Unsure if it was absolute proof May was on the back foot having to catch when RZ was already up to speed. We'd have to see what would happen if roles were reversed to be sure.

Talented lads though wouldn't mind both on the Lions wings with Watson at fullback.

I think the gap was widening and they both appear to start side by side

Fair, still difficult to tell as both are already running at that point, RZ had already covered more distance than May (unless he was hideously offside) he does appear to accelerate faster.

Nah, May has to do an L shaped run from his wing to the ball then straighten out whereas LRZ is in a straight line
Gap definitely widens in the middle though
However it's literally in the article that May is the faster of the two

Both of them on the wings would be great to see, though
But Gatland will 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000% choose Duhan van der Merwe as a starting Lions wing - huge wingers are like his favourite thing in the sport, no other nation would've capped Cuthbert more than 60 times

Nah, May has to do an L shaped run from his wing to the ball then straighten out whereas LRZ is in a straight line
Gap definitely widens in the middle though
However it's literally in the article that May is the faster of the two

Realistcally, though....who cares?
LRZ is a fine winger, talking about 100m times means very little in rugby when runs are more like 10-20m
Trying to paint LRZ as a better winger than May at this point in his career is just disingenuous really - though May really needs to wash that Gloucester stink off of him

Both of them on the wings would be great to see, though
But Gatland will 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000% choose Duhan van der Merwe as a starting Lions wing - huge wingers are like his favourite thing in the sport, no other nation would've capped Cuthbert more than 60 times
It wasn't about being the better winger there was no mention of that, it was about the article comparing their pace and saying May was faster.

The Ref (and 15 English and 12 or 13 Welsh on the pitch and 99% of those watching elsewhere) thought the ball would be going into the corner for an attacking line out, and so it didn't really matter where or if the English team were set or ready

Kudos to Biggar and Adams for thinking about the alternative option

Didn't see Adams put his hand up, but did see Williams walk over to Biggar just before time went back on and have a word - perhaps he had seen it or had the call and passed it on
i have arrived late to this one ... maybe you have already discussed it... but appro po "the try" how does a ball that bounces of the back of the leg before touching the ground without touching an opponent be accidentally knocked on?

i have arrived late to this one ... maybe you have already discussed it... but appro po "the try" how does a ball that bounces of the back of the leg before touching the ground without touching an opponent be accidentally knocked on?
The leg doesn't matter (in so far as the direction it travels afterwards, as it doesn't count as a kick). What matters is when he looses the ball from his hands it travels forwards.

For the first time ever, I think I agree with you. (I know, I'm as appalled as you are. Don't tell anyone. ;)) For the first time I can remember, I don't feel too bothered about us losing a game. It's not just that it should bring about changes as you say, but also the ***le will be gone and hopefully the team can then loosen up for the final two games. They've just seemed so uptight since the WC final, maybe because they've been constant favourites and England never seem to respond well to that? It would be nice to see them playing with a smile on their faces again, like they were in 2019.

Also, a loss by England will ensure Pivac keeps his job, and Wales can continue looking confused in all areas for years to come...

Having said all that, this time last year England went into round 3 having played terrible in the opener and lost it, albeit getting a losing bonus point, then put together an unspectacular win to follow it up. They were going into a match against an Ireland team that had won their first two games of the tournament, and everyone was complaining that Lawes should not be picked again at 6 and Eddie had clearly lost the plot. Lawes proceeded to get MOTM as England tonked Ireland with a dominant performance. So if history repeats itself, I will deny this post was ever written. :p
Do you see Wales such a significant threat for England that Englands chances improve if Wales looks confused ,?,,,lol

Sprinters are at their prime when they are about 28
Very individual dependent. Bolt set his 100 and 200m WRs just before he turned 23. Linford Christie was 33 when he set his 100m PB. Athletics is littered with massively quick juniors like Lewis-Francis who didn't get any faster as seniors.

LRZ is incredibly quick, but without concentrating on sprint training I doubt he'll get much faster and over time injuries and the inevitable bulking up are likely to take an edge off. May on the other hand looks like he's lost a yard, would be interested to see how he compares to Watson who I always thought has pretty stellar acceleration.

The leg doesn't matter (in so far as the direction it travels afterwards, as it doesn't count as a kick). What matters is when he looses the ball from his hands it travels forwards.
But it has to hit the ground or hit an opponent after it comes off the hand surely. At least thats how the law reads...confused by the way this law gets mis read if it comrs off the chest or head or leg its not a knock on ... especially when it goes backwards??

Latest posts