• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 3) - South Africa v Australia (27/8/2022)

Frans seems off it at the moment but to be honest the whole team did. Small commendable actions here and there, Willemse was maybe the only good player.

This might not be the worst thing for us so close to the world cup. Never good to go in overly confident. We have time to work on these off displays, players will need to start peaking from a condition POV soon. Boks need to assess whether we need another Attack voice in the coaching team.

Let's get back to the drawing board and we will come back stronger, the players are still there for that.
We lost our backline when willemse was placed on the wing. I love Steyn but he just is not a international player anymore. This should be a wake up call and I am sure we will come back stronger next week.

Nick white extracted milk out of an indifferent pebble on the ground, never mind an empty bottle.
Calling a slap to the face to a BC in open play with no intent whatsoever to tackle him, a pebble is, well, bold.

Maybe it's easier and 10 fold more effective to teach faf not to go dancing around the field slapping people. Maybe.

Last edited:
Decent result for Australia, surprised as they don't have a rectangle pitch in the entire state.

Luckily the Stormers' URC ***le will carry me the entire year I think. Come to think of it I am pretty sure Dobbo and the Stormers setup would do better in the RC.

Luckily the Stormers' URC ***le will carry me the entire year I think. Come to think of it I am pretty sure Dobbo and the Stormers setup would do better in the RC.

As an outsider I dislike seeing so many Japanese based players being picked over URC finalists and semi-finalists. That said, Japan doesn't seem to have hurt Koroibeti.

Glad I didn't pick a winner. I've still no clue what the result will be next time these guys meet.

As an outsider I dislike seeing so many Japanese based players being picked over URC finalists and semi-finalists. That said, Japan doesn't seem to have hurt Koroibeti.

Glad I didn't pick a winner. I've still no clue what the result will be next time these guys meet.
Sheesh, I don't know what to say. Too many passengers. Vermeulen and De Allende though are from the URC and also look like they come from a Christmas dinner. I shudder to think but we might be in store for record losses vs France and Ireland.

I feel like this game didn't reveal that much. I was probably higher on the Wallabies than most people but I sincerely believed they were going to win the Bledisloe since the summer tours. They are a decent side.

The Springboks have a pretty impressive injury list right now. You aren't going to get a Kolbe replacement and missing half your hooker combo is always going to be tough. Pollard didn't kick well today and didn't make use of the players around him; something a lot of people have been saying over and over again for awhile.

Australia were good today and deserved the win, they dominated the Springboks for 70 minutes. The Boks need to radically shake up their team next week. Dweba, Vermeulen, De Klerk, Pollard and De Allende should be dropped in my opinion. The latter 4 are living off reputation and Dweba isn't good enough to start ahead of Marx. SA have not made any progress since the last RWC - despite what people think, under Rassie the Boks always looked threatening out wide and I always thought they had tries in them. Nienaber has just coached all the creativity and instinct out of them.

Who would replace Pollard? Can't imagine there's too much support for Jantjies.

Pollard has been much better this year. He played poorly but he's a world class player. A year with the Tigers will do him wonders.

Who would replace Pollard? Can't imagine there's too much support for Jantjies.
I probably will get crucified for saying this, but i would love to see them give Bosch a go. So much talent. Sooo much talent.
He's south africa's mckenzie.

I've always had this feeling that had he been 10-15 kgs heavier he would have been springbok's first choice (he would have lost speed, course, so no more fb playing for him). Very different from Pollard, which is not a bad thing.

He is light years ahead of Janties, no doubt.

Pollard is fine if you have a halfway creative 12. I feel Bok success is despite their 10/12 combo rather than because of it.

Elton is never going to mesh with the current SA coaching gameplan, is completely reliant on being partnered with his old buddy Faf and has been out of what I'd consider to be competitive rugby for a long time.

My first choice would be sticking a flair player at 12. Failing that I'd probably give Willemse or Libbok a look as alternatives to Pollard at 10 over everyone else.

Pollard is fine if you have a halfway creative 12. I feel Bok success is despite their 10/12 combo rather than because of it.

Elton is never going to mesh with the current SA coaching gameplan, is completely reliant on being partnered with his old buddy Faf and has been out of what I'd consider to be competitive rugby for a long time.

My first choice would be sticking a flair player at 12. Failing that I'd probably give Willemse or Libbok a look as alternatives to Pollard at 10 over everyone else.
DDA hasn't been the same since his injury this year. I'd love to see Pollard Willemse Le Roux at our 10-12-15.

Kudos to the Wallabies. 👊 I didn't think you'd win, but I'm glad you did.

Calling a slap to the face to a BC in open play with no intent whatsoever to tackle him, a pebble is, well, bold.

Maybe it's easier and 10 fold more effective to teach faf not to go dancing around the field slapping people. Maybe.
yeah,

nic white hugly milked that
faf slapped him in the face and then tackled him on the ground
both these things can exist at the same time

Yeah I think it's fair to make fun of white for doing the weirdest sell job but also slapping someone in the Face is a penalty.