• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Italy vs England (13/02/22)

Not sure how many left field choices we'd take, tbh

It's three tests, no mid weeks - 12 months out from the RWC, EJ should be nailing down his starting side, not still chopping and changing....but then it's EJ, so who knows
I imagine we'll need to take a few extra as (without looking) I'm guessing the first test is very close to the Prem final, as they usually are, so we'd need cover for the finalists
Dan Robson?

Don't think Lawrence was ever picked on the wing was he? Was just forced to move there after an injury (albeit because Eddie chose a 6:2 bench).
That sounds about right

I'm sure some would argue that Watson was a fullback being picked on the wing too, although I'm not one of them.
He'd need some gametime at FB for his club before anyone could consider him a FB playing on the wing.

Hopefully Jones takes this into account and puts an extra centre on the bench or something. Some tactical thinking is needed.

While Youngs certainly didn't help the situation. I think it's a bit unfair to blame him solely, a lot of others player's standard's dropped in the same period
My standard would drop too if I knew I was either going to over run the ball off SH or get nailed whilst receiving a static hospital pass after Youngs has finished dithering.

So according to Jones….

"Tom (Curry) deserves a medal because I think he played 60 minutes having done no training this week. He basically did a ten minute warm up on Friday because he's been in bed with tonsillitis".

That possibly explains why Curry was a bit subdued, but if that genuinely was his build up you've got to wonder what he was doing on the pitch in the first place.

So according to Jones….

"Tom (Curry) deserves a medal because I think he played 60 minutes having done no training this week. He basically did a ten minute warm up on Friday because he's been in bed with tonsillitis".

That possibly explains why Curry was a bit subdued, but if that genuinely was his build up you've got to wonder what he was doing on the pitch in the first place.
The Farrell issue...he is captain therefore he must be fitted into the team at all costs! And i guess it was Italy

Yeah, I'd agree with "wasted opportunity" - though I would point out that there were already 2 changes in the backrow.

Latest posts