• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 Winter Olympics Schedule & Results

The Great Britain curling teams are more Scottish than the Scottish rugby team :D
The other day the commentators were talking about the initiatives to get new players involved, and mentioned a website to find your local club - only one club in England, none in Wales, and 22 (I think?) in Scotland!
I was surprised there were 22 permanent (I know there's temp ones in most cities at Christmas) ice rinks in the UK as a whole, let alone 22 in Scotland that also have curling clubs at them!

The other day the commentators were talking about the initiatives to get new players involved, and mentioned a website to find your local club - only one club in England, none in Wales, and 22 (I think?) in Scotland!
I was surprised there were 22 permanent (I know there's temp ones in most cities at Christmas) ice rinks in the UK as a whole, let alone 22 in Scotland that also have curling clubs at them!

Another levelling up opportunity for the Tories!

There are three places in the England you can play. Which is a shame I've wanted to give it a go for years. For a sport that gets good coverage every 4 years it does a pretty poor job at growing in the country (UK&NI). Part of that me and father were talking about with the loss of Grandstand and to lesser extent Trans World Sport (although supposedly still going on on youtube?) is that real fringe sports barely get a look in anymore.

Great semi-final for the GB Men tense match until the American's completely bottled it and lost their cool in the 9th.

Hopefully women will match it tomorrow.

Just put on the Curling for the Men's bronze medal match, glad Canada won really didn't like Schuster loosing the plot yesterday and publicly blaming his team mates.

Come on GB.

D'oh.

Well done Sweden. Olympic champs at Ice brushing.

Sport Mood GIF by Team USA
wii curling GIF

Final stone came so so close,
Good match - even if I did expect it to be finished way earlier so I wouldn't have to contend with the unwashed masses at the shops now

It was Edin's shot that stopped the 2 in the 10th where the game was won and that was mm's perfect. Disappointing but can't complain when both teams playing brilliantly.

Good to see the GB ladies getting Gold in the ice brushing. Last day of Winter Olympics. Not that I caught that much of it.

Latest posts