• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 Winter Olympics Schedule & Results

bobsled GIF by SB Nation
winter olympics GIF by SB Nation

Love getting overly invested in the curling tbh

Watching the opening ceremony now, just love the Olympics in general really

Are they scrubbing to reduce friction so the puck goes faster/control the speed?

Can buy it more than the horse dancing at the main Olympics.

Are they scrubbing to reduce friction so the puck goes faster/control the speed?
Yup, and they can curve it by scrubbing more on one side than the other - the amount of control they have over it is pretty mad considering it's just a polished stone and some ice

It's such a weird sport but genuinely entertaining if you give it a watch, especially when it gets towards the medal end of the comp

Isn't curling just Scottish lawn bowls? I jest I love watching it every 4 years wish it were on TV more and England had something like more than 4 rinks. A strange sport that played by like 5 families from what I can tell and never capitalised on how it success every 4 years.

Anyone know what our genuine medal hopes are? Our main goal usually is curling and maybe and outside chance elsewhere.

Anyone know what our genuine medal hopes are?
Our Slalom guy won the world championship a few weeks ago, so presumably he's in contention

Can't remember which disciplines but I remember the BBC saying we have medal hopes in a few of the "xtreme sports" type ones (i.e. ski park, snowboarding etc.) as it ties in nicely with our success in the skateboarding and BMX in the summer

We beat China and their army of traitors 8-0 this morning. Canada got a solid win over the Germans setting up the first proper game of the men's tournament Saturday (puck drop is same time as Ireland vs France fml).

So weird,
Basically she's too young to be considered responsible for her actions so she can go back in and compete
Seems like a dumb loophole, even if they do reach the right conclusion after however long it takes to investigate her team, it will taint the competition for every other competitor

I just wonder if CAS are doing this as part of what is happening between Russia and Ukraine atm. Their decision is non sensical. Certainly nowt to do with sport.

So weird,
Basically she's too young to be considered responsible for her actions so she can go back in and compete
Seems like a dumb loophole, even if they do reach the right conclusion after however long it takes to investigate her team, it will taint the competition for every other competitor
This is about as cretinous a decision as you can get. So genuine Olympic champions, that is, the best performing team that complied with the rules, are denied gold. If a decision is that a 15 year old is somehow exempt from doping regulations or mentally too frail to handle anti-doping enforcment then the solution has to be adults only at sporting events that CAS have jurisdiction over.

if a 15 year old can't be held liable for doping they shouldn't be able to compete; I am generally pro doping but this is crap. What's the point of rules.

Latest posts