Cameron Redpath (Bath Rugby) 4 caps
Finn Russell (Racing 92) 65 caps
Ollie Smith (Glasgow Warriors) 2 caps
Kyle Steyn (Glasgow Warriors) 5 caps
Sione Tuipulotu (Glasgow Warriors) 11 caps
Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby) 23 caps
Ben White (London Irish) 9 caps

Ruaridh McConnochie (Bath Rugby) uncapped

Naive people: Nation swapping is going to be great for tier 2, tier 1 nations won't bother with it

Scotland:
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 14.09.00.png

Happy for Ben Healy, but Munster are absolutely shafted for 10s now. Down Carbery, Healy and Crowley likely for the 6N window.

Hope Healy's career takes a nosedive from here on out.

Healys career taking a nosedive is the equivalent to s toddler falling over when trying to run but still, that's always funny.

God speed and for England Agent McConnochie. The infiltration mission is a go.

Scotland are just such a joke these days. Is he really better than their other options when Scotland's integrity is just being washed away with every squad they select.

The other fly halves (Hastings and Thompson) are injured. Kinghorn was an experiment and isn't an international class 10. Healy is young, has a Scottish grandparent and has a good opportunity to take over as the starting 10 from Russell once he retires. He wants to play test rugby as far as I'm aware Ireland didn't pick him for their emerging talent squad or give him any indication he was in their plans. I don't see what all the fuss is about - not like he's a project signing plucked from South Africa. Good move for Healy and Scotland IMO as he'll likely feature in the 6N and this year's RWC.

The other fly halves (Hastings and Thompson) are injured. Kinghorn was an experiment and isn't an international class 10. Healy is young, has a Scottish grandparent and has a good opportunity to take over as the starting 10 from Russell once he retires. He wants to play test rugby as far as I'm aware Ireland didn't pick him for their emerging talent squad or give him any indication he was in their plans. I don't see what all the fuss is about - not like he's a project signing plucked from South Africa. Good move for Healy and Scotland IMO as he'll likely feature in the 6N and this year's RWC.
He was definitely talking about McConnochie.

Don't think Scotland's integrity is the issue, they're fully playing within the rules and doing what they think is best for them.

Are the rules good for rugby? No

Is the approach good for Scotland? Mid- and long-term, I don't think so.

Don't think Scotland's integrity is the issue, they're fully playing within the rules and doing what they think is best for them.

Are the rules good for rugby? No

Is the approach good for Scotland? Mid- and long-term, I don't think so.

Can't argue with the first two. Time will tell with the last one.

From a grass roots perspective, I would guess the thinking is that more youngsters are likely to take up the game if they see a team that can at least compete and aren't getting pumped regularly which would be the case if we didn't take advantage of the rules. I don't like the rules either and hope we won't need to rely on them in the future as much as we do now.

I was 100% talking about McConnochie, but calling up an Irish FH inst' a good look either. It doesn't really matter if he has a Scottish grandparent as that really doesn't mean anything, he's Irish.

The fuss is there are probably more foreigners in the Scotland squad than actual Scottish these days, i'm not bothered in some ways as they are still rubbish but it makes a mockery of the international game.

I was 100% talking about McConnochie, but calling up an Irish FH inst' a good look either. It doesn't really matter if he has a Scottish grandparent as that really doesn't mean anything, he's Irish.

The fuss is there are probably more foreigners in the Scotland squad than actual Scottish these days, i'm not bothered in some ways as they are still rubbish but it makes a mockery of the international game.

How can doing things within the rules not be a good look? It's the rules you should have beef with. I've already said I don't like them either and it's frankly ridiculous to expect Townsend, whose job is on the line, not to take advantage of them just because some fans of other nations don't like them. Let's face it, you're just using your dim view of the rules to have a pop at a nation you don't like. Yes we're rubbish but based on the last few Calcutta cups and 6Ns we're not the only ones.

Last edited:
There's been virtually no beef with Healy on this end.

He's a little ginger weasel who isn't very good at rugby and plays for Munster but all those wrongdoings have been the case for ages.

Criticising countries with high rates of emigration to bigger economies for using their diaspora to their advantage always points to a very narrow world view imo.

He's a little ginger weasel who isn't very good at rugby and plays for Munster but all those wrongdoings have been the case for ages.

His ginger genes probably come from his Scottish Granny. The weasel part might suggest he has some distant Welsh relatives. Only kidding @Welsh Exile

How can doing things within the rules not be a good look? It's the rules you should have beef with. I've already said I don't like them either and it's frankly ridiculous to expect Townsend, whose job is on the line, not to take advantage of them just because some fans of other nations don't like them. Let's face it, you're just using your dim view of the rules to have a pop at a nation you don't like. Yes we're rubbish but based on the last few Calcutta cups and 6Ns we're not the only ones.
I mean just because it's in the rules doesn't mean it's a good look.

Imagine all the Scottish rugby fans looking forward to watching the Scottish barbarians take on another team. It's a bigger impact for fans and the reputation of the SRFU than you make out.

Let's all face the fact that it's a joke to have a player who's declared themselves English and gone through all that for England to suddenly become Scottish after their career hasn't gone their way. It's a joke.

McConnochie in camp day one.

"I was in a team that got got to a world cup final, now who wants to f@#king stroke me" Rest of squad "ooooooh".

Latest posts