• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023 World Cup Draw

Forget how semis draw works. Can someone remind me?

know Winners of pools play runners up of next pool. Ie A v B and C v D.

Tough draw. Until les Bleus win the 6N and repeat it's hard to see them as favourites esp. with NZ in their pool.

Yeah I mean unless you had Wales in your half the Band A seeds were going to be bad regardless but you got the worst in Band B as well.
Only way it could have been worse would have been Argentina in the group too as they ruin us at world cups.

But this way we have a group we're not guaranteed to get out of and then Fra/Nz in the quarters (and probably England in the semis but that's not going to happen so why even bother thinking about it)

Only way it could have been worse would have been Argentina in the group too as they ruin us at world cups.

But this way we have a group we're not guaranteed to get out of and then Fra/Nz in the quarters (and probably England in the semis but that's not going to happen so why even bother thinking about it)
The group is actually quite good, we've been a bit of a bogey team for SA since 04 and beat them more often than we should and chances are so slim that we'll lose to Scotland in a game that matters, they've worse big game mentality than us.

NZ and France are as bad as it can be, easily the two teams that have been the most dominant over us in the history of the sport.

So on current form Eng (I really can't see them not winning the group) will get an 'easy' QF and SA/Ire/NZ/Fra will get a 'soft' SF but likely a very bruising QF.

The group is actually quite good, we've been a bit of a bogey team for SA since 04 and beat them more often than we should and chances are so slim that we'll lose to Scotland in a game that matters, they've worse big game mentality than us.

NZ and France are as bad as it can be, easily the two teams that have been the most dominant over us in the history of the sport.
The group doesn't really matter, every Band 1 team other than Wales is a tough game. Avoiding Argentina is the main thing.

The disaster is the NZ/France quarter final/

Latest posts