• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2024 Six Nations - Predicted Table

Gotta imagine they're struggling up front with some of the prop callups they've made,
Flyhalf looks shallow, after Hastings dropped out and no replacement was called up - looks like Healy has been starting all season for Edinburgh, though, and they're doing decently in the URC so maybe they're actually in a better position than usual at 10
Healy is meh. Wouldn't make an Ireland, France or England squad.

They should have gone after Fin Smith and promised him World Cup time.

Again I agree with a lot of that, I dont think asseratti is up to it yet, Francis despite not being great is far superior in the scrum than anyone else in Wales. Lewis would probably still start in my squad. I think our scrum will struggle, and later on may be saved by poor Scottish replacements.

Morgan is a huge loss, and our back row is lacking quality it used to have, Botham and Reffell are still untested, Mann is a mile off, and Wainwright is an 8 Warmer.

I also agree Elias over Lake is the better shout, better scrummage and his darts are much better lately.

Carter has stalled through injuries, but he'll come good, he, Jenkins and Fender will be the future. I'd also argue Beard will start, with Rowlands.
I really can't see him starting Jenkins at 6, surely not? He just might you know.

It would be such a stupid waste of a pick if he does so I'm hoping sense prevails there. Agree with everything else but would also add I do like the look of Teddy Williams as a prospect as well.

I really can't see him starting Jenkins at 6, surely not? He just might you know.

It would be such a stupid waste of a pick if he does so I'm hoping sense prevails there. Agree with everything else but would also add I do like the look of Teddy Williams as a prospect as well.
Jenkins at 6 is the only thing that makes any sense IMO, Reffell at 7, Botham at 6 is the only other option I see. Basham isnt the answer to 6.
I'm yet unconvinced by Teddy William's, he is a prospect but I'm yet to see he has a high ceiling. Akin to Seb Davies IMHO.

I'm yet to see how Young and lane are overlooked again. I get they have limitations, but both are standout for Cardiff

Jenkins at 6 is the only thing that makes any sense IMO, Reffell at 7, Botham at 6 is the only other option I see. Basham isnt the answer to 6.
I'm yet unconvinced by Teddy William's, he is a prospect but I'm yet to see he has a high ceiling. Akin to Seb Davies IMHO.

I'm yet to see how Young and lane are overlooked again. I get they have limitations, but both are standout for Cardiff
Personally I've always seen Reffell as more of a 6 but assuming he starts at 7 (which he will) I'd go for Basham just coz I'm a fan boy but I'm happy with Botham to have a crack especially if it meant not playing Jenkins there which I obviously wouldn't consider. Anyway, while I won't be putting my house on Gatland not playing Jenkins at 6 I'm pretty sure he won't.

Personally I've always seen Reffell as more of a 6 but assuming he starts at 7 (which he will) I'd go for Basham just coz I'm a fan boy but I'm happy with Botham to have a crack especially if it meant not playing Jenkins there which I obviously wouldn't consider. Anyway, while I won't be putting my house on Gatland not playing Jenkins at 6 I'm pretty sure he won't.
I just have this sneaking suspicion.. he has form, Owen William's to 10, Adam's, LRZ to 15 etc...

I even think Lake playing blindside recently may have been on Gatlands request to look at options.

I get the fanning for Basham, he has every attribute except size, he is a great technical player but underpowered.

I can see England in third. We'll beat Italy and wales and I feel that due to our previous losses, SB will drill the side to smash (by smash I mean a 6 point win) Scotland as that will be an RFU target.

Then losses to France and Ireland.

I could see us getting torn apart by Scotland tbh, we're the only side they care about beating and they'll be at home

I reckon the table will be the same as last year, but with France and Ireland swapping (i.e. France getting grandslam and Ireland's only loss being to France)

France
England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Italy

Predict England to lose terribly to France and win a god awful game at home vs Ireland.
Could see this as well. I think England, Ireland and Scotland will all end up on 3 wins. Ireland having Italy and Wales at home is why I'd have them at 2 though.

Ireland still have the joint strongest squad in the tournament for my money but I think, as big losses that Dupont and N'tamack are, going from one of the all time greats to a trio of 10s with 14 caps between them and the majority of those off the bench will take far more adjusting. France have the luxury of starting where they left off but lose individual brilliance whereas Farrell has to make big changes to the entire game plan. It brings England and Scotland into contention for the 2 spot if their coaches get things right.

I could see us getting torn apart by Scotland tbh, we're the only side they care about beating and they'll be at home

I reckon the table will be the same as last year, but with France and Ireland swapping (i.e. France getting grandslam and Ireland's only loss being to France)
I can see englands entire 6 nations, training and gameplan being about how to beat Scotland though. Just think the rfu will have put the pressure on.

France
Ireland
England
Wales
Scotland
Italy

That's my guess. I don't see anyone really challenging them after Ireland.

Anyone predict France ever being at the bottom of the table?

Who now thinks
Ireland
France
Scotland
Wales
England
Italy

I'm updating my prediction to:
Same table as last year, same wins/losses
Ireland will cake walk a grandslam after last week, can't see France being that bad again but their game vs Scotland is v.v.interesting (though Scotland's second half implosion will be a worry for their chances), not beyond the realms of reality that Scotland actually get 2nd

Ireland slam
Scotland, France and England all on 3 wins
Scotland to salvage second with a bp v Italy and no home hammerings.
Wales to scrape by Italy.

France we're the only major shock of the weekend for me but England not having the luxury to push for a bp will hurt them in the end.

How does the spoon work this year? I can genuinely see Wales losing all their games, but pick up at least 5 maybe 6 points and finish above Italy?

Is that possible?

Scotland
Ireland
France
England
Italy
Wales

Scotland have home advantage and are actually quite good. Ireland are recalibrating and Scotland never peaked in the first place. Maybe Scotland loses it in the second half. France will beat a bad England and Wales will continue to see players look at other sports or grannies of other nationalities.

Scotland
Ireland
France
England
Italy
Wales

Scotland have home advantage and are actually quite good. Ireland are recalibrating and Scotland never peaked in the first place. Maybe Scotland loses it in the second half. France will beat a bad England and Wales will continue to see players look at other sports or grannies of other nationalities.
Love it, but can't see Scotland beating Ireland in Dublin, so I'd reverse the top two (here's hoping I'm wrong about that)

Love it, but can't see Scotland beating Ireland in Dublin, so I'd reverse the top two (here's hoping I'm wrong about that)
Oh, Scotland v Ireland is in Ireland. Nvm them.

Maybe I should look at schedules. For some reason I thought Ireland was home.

Latest posts