• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

4th Ashes test

The English weather is ruining England's chance to win the Ashes - we would have won the last test but for the 4th day being wiped out and we lost a lot of play yesterday.

Did I say you had?

Looking good for a full day's play, England resuming 229-4.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 26 2005, 09:15 AM
The English weather is ruining England's chance to win the Ashes - we would have won the last test but for the 4th day being wiped out and we lost a lot of play yesterday.
element of truth to that but also the fact that you couldn't dismiss the tailenders quick enough. Plus it was in Manchester, hardly unexpected to get some rain.

Good day for England, centruy for Flintoff, decent knock from Jones, and Hoggard doing the main damage with the ball. England 477 all out, Australia 99-5 in reply.

Bloody hell! Australia 5-99! They're really getting the crap kicked out of them in this series. Something needs to be done about the batting line up, because they're just not performing.

Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 27 2005, 11:38 AM
Bloody hell! Australia 5-99! They're really getting the crap kicked out of them in this series. Something needs to be done about the batting line up, because they're just not performing.
Apart from being the totally outplayed in the Bowling, Batting and fielding aspects of the game of cricket, the Aussies are doing alright.......
<

How the mighty have fallen. We'll win this series, but the reign of Australian surpemacy is about to collapse.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 27 2005, 02:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 27 2005, 02:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Aug 27 2005, 11:38 AM
Apart from being the totally outplayed in the Bowling, Batting and fielding aspects of the game of cricket, the Aussies are doing alright.......
<
[/b]
I was just going to say - it's not that they aren't performing, we aren't letting them perform. Unless there's bad weather, we really should not lose this test.

Good thing for England they didn't but Christ they made hard work of it, Lee and Warne bowled superbly in the second innings and certainly did their best with the bat to give themselves a chance with the chase but to no avail in the end. Hoggard and Giles did well to hold it together in the last few nervy runs for England.

England should really have the Ashes wrapped up by now but for their fielding particularly the dropped catches from Pieterson and Jones which certainly made a difference at Old Trafford and nearly cost England again at Trent Bridge. They'll certainly have plenty of regrets when looking back on the series if the Aussies pull it out of the bag at the Oval to retain the Ashes.

We MUST go on to win the Ashes now. We simply MUST! We're within touching distance, and nobody can argue that we deserve to be in front. We should have won the game at Old Trafford and should have been wrapping the series up. But these things happen - now we will see what England are made of. We can't loses the series, even if we can lose the Ashes, but that in itself is something to be very proud of.

You need to actually have the Ashes to lose it you prick. Australia will blow England away in the last match at the Oval. With McGrath back and no Jones it really should be a one sided affair. Maybe.

Is a game of "Tricket"

dodgy umps
dodge stumps

its a trickathon

Nobody would have thought those no balls on day 1 would play a bigger part than 1st thought

they won by 3 wickets, and were on the slide..........mentally would have been an uphill sturggle if they had 50 more runs to chase, ie if those no balls didnt happen

Buchanan needs to address the bolwers disepline, and our poor fielding.

Our batting has been poor, but also, backed up by bad decisions.
fielding and bowling mis-haps are just plain schoolboy errors!!!!!!!

Originally posted by M-Time@Aug 29 2005, 10:38 AM
You need to actually have the Ashes to lose it you prick. Australia will blow England away in the last match at the Oval. With McGrath back and no Jones it really should be a one sided affair. Maybe.
It really should be a one-sided affair, then u say maybe! You actually have to convince us u believe ur own words you prick! Don't even like cricket, but hope they win just cause I hate Aussies(in general) more than I hate cricket.

Originally posted by M-Time@Aug 28 2005, 10:38 PM
You need to actually have the Ashes to lose it you prick.
With us being 2-1 up with one game left, it's ours to lose, you cock.

Originally posted by ak47@Aug 29 2005, 02:25 AM
Is a game of "Tricket"

dodgy umps
dodge stumps

its a trickathon

Nobody would have thought those no balls on day 1 would play a bigger part than 1st thought

they won by 3 wickets, and were on the slide..........mentally would have been an uphill sturggle if they had 50 more runs to chase, ie if those no balls didnt happen

No credit for England playing out of our skins?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Aug 29 2005, 10:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 29 2005, 10:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 29 2005, 02:25 AM
Is a game of "Tricket"

dodgy umps
dodge stumps

its a trickathon

No credit for England playing out of our skins? [/b]
Ah, your forgetting that Australia never get beaten; It's always because they made a mistake that an opponant will win. Because Australia always were and always will be the best at every sport...
<

*coughtrinationswhitewashcough*

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Aug 29 2005, 11:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 29 2005, 11:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-M-Time
@Aug 28 2005, 10:38 PM
You need to actually have the Ashes to lose it you prick.
With us being 2-1 up with one game left, it's ours to lose, you cock. [/b]
Huge credit has to go to the England team and backroom staff, they've come a long way from the last 2 Ashes series. At least in 97 England won the first test to make it interesting.

The point needs to be made though, England can't lose the Ashes but the Aussies can't win them either, they can only retain them.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Aug 29 2005, 10:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 29 2005, 10:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 29 2005, 02:25 AM
Is a game of "Tricket"

dodgy umps
dodge stumps

its a trickathon

No credit for England playing out of our skins? [/b]
England do deserve alot of credit

and i praise the efforts,

The best series i have ever seen

but you cant dismiss the fact its not anywhere near par officialling

its been poor form from umpires, which does take the shine of Englands wins

Its not over yet guys..........Tim Henman anyone??

If you field Gariant Jones in the 5th - You will send us a few lifelines

It in you hands to lose at the moment!

But no better team to snatch it back than the Aussies themselves......

We've had alot of bad luck - you cant dimsiss that, with the umpiring

if the shoe were on the other foot, none of you would keep quiet, so dont slam me for protesting against the umpiring.

Hyperthetically speaking if a poor umpires decision gives us the Ashes, and we win the 5th on bad calls - I wonder how quiet you all would be???

In the end if the game of Cricket is the winner - That matters more to me then retaining the Ashes, so if England win, CRICKET will be back to its level playing field that I miss the most!

Cricketing upsets are awesome - Stories, DVD's, doccos are made on the history of cricket

I will be telling my grandchildren about this series - Like my grandparent talked about bodyline....NOW THATS WHAT CRICKET IS ALL ABOUT!!!

Latest posts