7s Rucking Question

CoachDillonSDHS

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
United States
Hello,

I coach a 7s team in Tennessee. We ran into this situation a couple times this year:

A player from my team goes down and another rucks over. He rucks so low that the defending play reaches over him and grabs the ball that he is rucking over. None of our sirs have ever called this, but it seems like it would be hands in.

ae14fbb.png

Any ideas?

Last edited:
If the attacker is reaching 'over' the defender, not around or under, then I would imagine the ball must be out?

I am talking from a XV's experience view, and I am not a qualified referee at all, so please take this more as a thought and a question.

just my thoughts (I'm a referee in PA, hate sevens its a ******* sport and its disgusting how much the USA jerks off to it), if your player is not bound to an opponent there is no ruck so as long as the opponent comes through the gate and doesn't bind with your player it's not hands in since there is no ruck and he hasn't come into the tackle from the side... also if your player is rucking over in the way i imagine (your file didn't load properly) your side could probably get nailed for a free kick for rucking with head below the hips

If you copy and past the picture into your address bar, it should load and show you the exact situation.

Thanks for your help.

if he's going straight over your guy i'd consider it good, your player is making no attempt to ruck (assuming your opponent is the one in yellow)

Latest posts