• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A few questions for the people who have played it!

J

jambo_makaveli

i have the england versus australia 7 minute demo.

i like the game, and in 7 minutes can beat australia 70 - 0. but i was just wonderin about a few things that hopefully people with the full game can answer.

what is the commentary like? does it add to the game, excitement wise?

my main question is>>> on the demo you can only play side view, which is ok, but i just cant help thinking that in up and down view you can see players comin towards you from quite a distance, and then decide what to do or try to go around them, rather than a sudden smash from the fullback who pops into the screen.

is it good on up and down view? can you play better than you can on side view, and also im thinking maybe the kicks are better on up and down, coz on side you cant see where they are goin or if theyre goin out or not when you go for touch on a penalty.

thanks!

all info will be much appreciated!!!!!

well i will be able to answer that question in 26mins wen the stupid shop opens!!!!

no you wont. becuase you have to include your return journey and the time it will take you to unpack equaling well over 40 min
<

yes i am a math expert
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
what is the commentary like? does it add to the game, excitement wise?[/b]

Its really bad. Its what Locksley mentioned in his review, 'Cut & Paste' lines. Basically they talk with hardly any emotion, robotic like!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
my main question is>>> on the demo you can only play side view, which is ok, but i just cant help thinking that in up and down view you can see players comin towards you from quite a distance, and then decide what to do or try to go around them, rather than a sudden smash from the fullback who pops into the screen.

is it good on up and down view? can you play better than you can on side view, and also im thinking maybe the kicks are better on up and down, coz on side you cant see where they are goin or if theyre goin out or not when you go for touch on a penalty.[/b]

I have been playing the game with 'Classic 2' view (up & down view) & I think its the best view. (IMO)

I find that I make better running moves & kicking is easier to judge. The good thing about the Classic 2 view is that everytime u win or loose the ball, the camera rotates. On the other hand, if u are chasing a kick (on the attack for examle) & the defending team collects the ball, the camera spins around & you gotta change the direction u was pushing in, otherwise u end up running backwards!

They should have a slowed spin around animation and added a pause till the spins finished so when play changes direction you have a little warning to change the direction your running.

Originally posted by veneer@Mar 17 2005, 09:08 AM
They should have a slowed spin around animation and added a pause till the spins finished so when play changes direction you have a little warning to change the direction your running.
I agree! NRL was good at this particular problem

haha i usually have a clear run somewhere with wendell sailor or chris latham and i always get confused and run into touch! haha

I just played a match on hard , I was the all blacks against wallabies, I lost 14-5 it was intense. Comentary is complete shite(not as bad as 2004 but a close call) I wish you could turn it off!! Camera angles? both are good...cant decide!?(thats sideview and classic 2)

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 17 2005, 11:34 AM
I just played a match on hard , I was the all blacks against wallabies, I lost 14-5 it was intense. Comentary is complete shite(not as bad as 2004 but a close call) I wish you could turn it off!! Camera angles? both are good...cant decide!?(thats sideview and classic 2)
Isn't there a slider for commentary in one of the menu's -- game settings, I believe?

Doesn't really bother me, the commentary -- but I might lower it so I can crank up the volume and hear the crowd.

The commentary is not as bad as most people seem to think/have been saying..............for me it is just "there", and I don't find it annoying at all (need to lessen its sound on the slider a little though so you can hear the on field action better).

Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 17 2005, 12:20 PM
The commentary is not as bad as most people seem to think/have been saying..............for me it is just "there", and I don't find it annoying at all (need to lessen its sound on the slider a little though so you can hear the on field action better).
I have all sliders half way, except

the crowd slider maxed out
the onfield SFX 3 qtrs full

now u have a full house of crazy argys with tear gas...........its chaos!!!!

Like NZL fan, I have no problem with the commentry. I get soo immersed in the game i sometimes cant even hear the commentry.

When it comes to camera angles, I always play on side view - looks more realistic and makes it alot easier to pull off some good kicks.

For some reason I cant play any Rugby games on sideline view, I just have no idea if I'm running into a gap or not.

Latest posts