• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Few Questions

K

Kage

Hey I was just wondering what the new gameplay features (jumping for the high ball, toeing it along the ground, divingon the loose ball etc) are like?

And any cool movies or interesting screens would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Diving on the loose ball and toeing the ball along the ground rarely ever happens and if it does, it normally wasnt planned. Your player can be so hard control that these things just dont work. Contesting the high ball happens often but because of the camera angle you cant really see whats going on, and therefore you hav little cotrol over it.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 13 2005, 10:25 PM
Diving on the loose ball and toeing the ball along the ground rarely ever happens and if it does, it normally wasnt planned. Your player can be so hard control that these things just dont work. Contesting the high ball happens often but because of the camera angle you cant really see whats going on, and therefore you hav little cotrol over it.
Correct.

Its also very difficult to play off the cuff on RL2 which for me is the whole point of a rugby game, spot a gap or opportunity and go for it. The lack of contol in this game means your more fighting against that than your opposition.

yeah, youve got to beat the shocking programing and the oppositin at the same time. Sometimes you just get the feelin that you hav control over nothing, and are at the mercy of the next random knock on, high tackle or a dropped and intercepted pass. The bigger the game , and the more you need possesion, the more these things happen. The stress factor is very high with this game, ive nearly dealt to my pc a couple of times already (poor thing, its not its fault.)

RL2 is certainly one of the only games that had be switching my ps2 mid game in anger. I have very rarely done that before.

One of the things that prompted this and probably one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in any sports game was when I passed to my winger who was stood in touch. I mean he was actually waiting for the ball OVER the whitewash.

How on EARTH did that get past the testers ? Absolutely ridiculous and I just said
" Ohh fk that "

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 13 2005, 11:05 PM
RL2 is certainly one of the only games that had be switching my ps2 mid game in anger. I have very rarely done that before.

One of the things that prompted this and probably one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in any sports game was when I passed to my winger who was stood in touch. I mean he was actually waiting for the ball OVER the whitewash.

How on EARTH did that get past the testers ? Absolutely ridiculous and I just said
" Ohh fk that "
Are you serious about the winger being over the line?
what the hell were they doing for the last 3 months when they delayed it.

Originally posted by doovepop+Dec 13 2005, 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Dec 13 2005, 11:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Dec 13 2005, 11:05 PM

" Ohh fk that "
what the hell were they doing for the last 3 months when they delayed it. [/b]
Passed to the centre and then straight onto the winger as I could see there was space ahead of him but he was already in touch.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 13 2005, 10:25 PM
actually, toeing the lose ball is quite good and sometimes i score a try off that, diving on the ball is same. Sometimes i grubber it into the in goals then i dive over for a try

its great one you mastered it and pull it off every now and then

contesting the high ball its not that good, i just let the AI do the catching

jumping for the ball is useless and so is kicking the loose ball as these really happen in games. the big problem with the winger being in touch is not on attack but when they catch kicks close to the sidline they go out or sometimes they even catch it on the sideline with like one foot in play. on attack they seem fine as the passin is great. i just push the button to many times sometimes and it goes out.

on the good side the passing system is superb and makes doing off the cuff moves really good.

goal kicking has changed but is really easy after a while.

defence is bit tricky as you can't seem to get the right player sometimes to tackle the ai and when that happens they just start offloading it all over the place and is very hard to stop.

also the goal line defence is not the best when the ai goes from dummy half you can never seem to get their in time no matter how much button pushing you do. your player either goes right past the ai or the wrong direction and when that happens the ai get an easy try.

overall it's not too bad but the minor bugs mean things like kicking the loose ball rarely happen as you have to play like real league to score and not acrade style like the first game. Sidhe have done a good job and have moved the rugby gaming genre a long way forward.

Originally posted by doovepop+Dec 14 2005, 12:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Dec 14 2005, 12:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Dec 13 2005, 11:05 PM

" Ohh fk that "
what the hell were they doing for the last 3 months when they delayed it. [/b]
the length of time they actually spent on fixing the game so it was ready for release is unknowen. we do not know what the problem was that caused the decision to delay beyond september or how long it actually took to rectify. HES and others defintely screwed around for a good while selecting when to distribute the game which is not sidhes fault. unless we find out what the actual problem was that caused the delay and how long it took to fix and how long the HES side of things took we will have no idea what happened and to speculate that from mid september until decmeber 8th sidhe were working on the game is absoulete rubbish and lies

Doing a grubber into the oppositions goaline, diving on it and scoring happens a bit, but you hav no control over it. Once youve done the grubber it does the rest automatically. I never try to toe the ball ahead, as i always get baten to i by some slow ass forward.

The winger problem is pretty bad for me on attack, you make break draw the fullback hold pass, the icon appears over your winger and he is standing in touch, this is shockingly bad and shouldve been fixed, as it is not something any idiot winger would ever do. The defensive one is equally bad, wat is so wrong with letting you select the nearest player to the ball(which u can do) and move him away from the ball and the touchline! This is so simple and would solve that prob most of the time.

As long as we are asking questions how do I play with my controller online? It automatically has me playing with keyboard.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 14 2005, 01:01 PM
Doing a grubber into the oppositions goaline, diving on it and scoring happens a bit, but you hav no control over it. Once youve done the grubber it does the rest automatically. I never try to toe the ball ahead, as i always get baten to i by some slow ass forward.

The winger problem is pretty bad for me on attack, you make break draw the fullback hold pass, the icon appears over your winger and he is standing in touch, this is shockingly bad and shouldve been fixed, as it is not something any idiot winger would ever do. The defensive one is equally bad, wat is so wrong with letting you select the nearest player to the ball(which u can do) and move him away from the ball and the touchline! This is so simple and would solve that prob most of the time.
wingers being in touch is nothing short of a disgrace and someone should be being fired right about now.

Also why have the ball physics changed when there was nothing wrong with them. The grubber hardly goes any distance now and its always the guy whos put the kick in that seems to pick it up.

Why have they taken some of the good things out ? The bounce of the ball now is like there is a 7" ballbearing inside.

Latest posts