• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Tuilagi vs M Nonu

D

Dmx#1

I just wanted to see what you guys think is the better player because when i see Tuilagi he reminds me of Nonu. Although Nonu seems to be a bit of a cock i think ihes better. I think he has an edge on speed but i think theyre both pretty even in terms of strength. What do you guys think?

Tuilagi puts the fear into many an opposition player and can actually defend.

Big Samoan > inconsistent make-up wearer.

Nonu is an overrated idiot. Tuilagi has much better handling and better attitude.

Nonu is just a big angry idiot.

Sure he can bust the line, but it doesn't mean anything if he cant hold on to the ball

Nonu is an overrated idiot. Tuilagi has much better handling and better attitude.

Nonu is just a big angry idiot.

Sure he can bust the line, but it doesn't mean anything if he cant hold on to the ball

[/b]

That's the difference: catching the ball. When Alex started at Leiceter he'd always make yards, but dropped the ball 1/3 of the time. Last season he didn't and all of a sudden he's a top try-scorer, consistently in the Tigers first team and terorising defences.

Haven't seen much of Tuilagi. All I know is that he's huge, fast and scary. Nonu is short but well over 100kg and you can out your life on him busting the first line of defense with ease. Nonu has **** distribution skills, is an average tackler and wears mascara. But he's so f***ing effective and his devastating ball running skills make up for this some what.

From what I've seen of the two, I'd say Nonu although I very much dislike him.

Tuilagi anyday. He has more to offer IMHO, although he showed at the World Cup he needs good players around him.

He didn't get much ball in the RWC, but when he did, he did what he could.. must say that his try vs USA was pure power.. he smashed the defender and was charging so hard and at pace that when he went through the tackle he slid most of the remaining yards..

Tuilagi by a country mile. stronger runner, more imtimidation factor, decent in defense but amazing ball carrier

Has to be Tuilagi. Nonu seems like he will always be one of these players who never reaches his potential. Also if you are strong in the tackle you could have him in the bag as he is so one dimensional and has poor hands. Its just step and bash.( mind you i dont have to tackle him)

Tuilagi is way slower than Nonu. Nonu would bust right through Tuilagi or just side step like T. Ngwenya did.
NONU wins this one

Ma Nonu is a bit rough around the edges and is playing on raw talent essentially. I reckon he has potential to be better than Umaga and will score the winning try at the next world cup.

Tuilagi is way slower than Nonu. Nonu would bust right through Tuilagi or just side step like T. Ngwenya did.
NONU wins this one
[/b]

True, offensively i think Nonu is better and Defensively Tuilagi is better which isn't much of an achievement really. It would be awesome if they would face off with both of them playing wing against eachother.

I can't believe people don't rate Tuilagi in attack. It's baffling. Watch some club rugby and you will see that he is the sort of player who makes yards literally every time he has the ball. Even bad or slow can be turned into forward momentum by him, he's an absolute beast.

Nonu was the best rugby player not to be playing in the world cup. Nonu is one of the most exciting players to watch.

Tuilagi is the complete package. He can tackle, he can attack and he can score some brutal tries.

Nonu is crap...pure and simple. I was beginning to think that he has finally got rid of his weakness (loosing the ball) but in the NPC final against Auckland, in the last 10 mins...Welly were attacking deep inside th Aucks 22 when Nonu breaks for the line, gets tackle and ..... loses the ball, typical.

Ma'a Nonu wears eyeliner/mascara so anyone can pick who is the better player...Tuilagi.

I can't believe people don't rate Tuilagi in attack. It's baffling. Watch some club rugby and you will see that he is the sort of player who makes yards literally every time he has the ball. Even bad or slow can be turned into forward momentum by him, he's an absolute beast.
[/b]

"A rugby player is only as good as his next game"
Tuilagi didn't show anything in the world cup....all I saw was Tuilagi getting sidestepped and missing tackles and knock-ons and really just aimless..he just did not prove his greatness in the biggest stage of his carrier.

I assume you mean "Only as good as his last game"? Otherwise that makes no sense.

You could argue that Dan Carter and Brian O'Driscoll didn't have great tournaments either. Are they to now be regarded as poor as well because of that?

Nonu has been harshally critised, i understand the fact that his true potential is not being fulfilled, but i think he was pretty good in this year's ANZc. He plays in patches, there are times in a game where hes brilliant and times where you want to kick him in the crotch.

He is one player i think that hasn't really developed as a player since making the All Blacks.

rugby_roots is right, tuilagi didn't have the best WC to his best potential hes known for. He was strong with ball in hand, but is defensively weak while hes great at the big hits, positionally aint his strong point like nonu.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

"A rugby player is only as good as his next game"
Tuilagi didn't show anything in the world cup....all I saw was Tuilagi getting sidestepped and missing tackles and knock-ons and really just aimless..he just did not prove his greatness in the biggest stage of his carrier.

[/b][/quote]

On the opta stats he came quite high up in terms of metres gained throughout the WC. True he didn't play his best, but that was more than partially due to Samoa being well below par.

I assume you mean "Only as good as his last game"? Otherwise that makes no sense.

You could argue that Dan Carter and Brian O'Driscoll didn't have great tournaments either. Are they to now be regarded as poor as well because of that?
[/b]

What are you talking about....O'Driscoll played really well in the RWC...that one kick chase he did was a beauty...

Dan Carter...hes not the best flyhalf....I dont think hes going to be as great as Larkham.

Latest posts