About the connacht vs munster game

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
CASI
Was watching the game and there was this instance where [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]the ref (whitehouse i believe) tells Connacht's captain: "have the respect to look at me when i'm talking to you". The guy was nowhere even remotely close to being disrespectful. He was just upset. [/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This got me thinking. [/FONT]I was thinking of this situation: the player responds, very calmly, soft tone, not condescending: "excuse me, and please do not take this the wrong way, but i'd rather look elsewhere". [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]

I'm all in favor of the ref being the voice of authority on the pitch, not questioning him, etc, but i see this trend where refs resort to this patronizing behavior believing they are entitled to give one-on-one manners lessons in the middle of the game. Same with some refs making jokes. I don't want a commedian or a talkshow host as a ref. For me the best referees are the one that do absolutely nothing to attract the attention to themselves.
Enforce the rules, interpret the play, do your job, which does not include to tell players what they should be looking at.

[/FONT]

Latest posts