• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Acquired tastes...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Diet Pepper seems to be an aquired taste around Napier, don't know why, easily the best Non-Alcoholic Drink out there.
[/b]
As in Diet Dr. Pepper?
[/b][/quote]
Yeah... Forgot the Dr, its strange because all we get around here is the Diet Stuff for some strange reason, and as much as I love the Diet Stuff finding the full on Dr Pepper is like heaven... sadly the only time I have it is on my yearly jaunts to Melbourne.
[/b][/quote]

You ain't tasted anything 'till you taste the heaven that is Irn Bru! :D
[/b][/quote]
that's up there with anchovies.

Oh you *******! You've just confirmed every stereotype in my head about "Americans" and "classless" j/k :lol:

Live on the wild side and take on the mighty Bru!

Yeah, so called f***ing "King of Beers" is really "King of Shite" because of the crap ingredients they use.

wow one of my buddies worked at the brewery as a tour guide and never mentioned the rice ingredient - only the "high" quality hops and barley - which i'm sure was part of his gig

Yeah, so called f***ing "King of Beers" is really "King of Shite" because of the crap ingredients they use.
[/b]
The American version is ****.
Apparently it's good in the Czech Republic/Hungary where they invented it.

Aye goranski, thats because he gets paid to say that! :p

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
The American version is ****.
Apparently it's good in the Czech Republic/Hungary where they invented it.
[/b][/quote]

Budweiser Budvar is the way to go! Along with Pilsner Urquell and Staropramen! The big three Czech pilsners. I should know, I have tried them at various places in Prague! :D

Well it was, I've been to it twice, once about six months before they joined the EU and a year after. Prices were still pretty cheap but had shot up a fair bit because of the British and Irish stag parties and hen nights who flood the streets.

These days the Baltic states, Romania and Slovakia are the cheapest places to go, but the Czechs still have the best beer in Eastern Europe.

<div class='quotemain'>
Beats that rice ****.
[/b]

Budweiser's made out of rice :huh: ? [/b]
Yeah, anheuser busch use rice extract in a lot of their beers, as well as hops. Should be on the label.
[/b][/quote]
You didn't know that? They (AB) are actually pretty proud of it. If you take the tour the do go on about all the ingredients, including the rice...in fact, I actually won a prize for knowing the 5 ingredients (and no, it's not beer, beer, beer, beer, and a splash of beer...it's hops, barley, rice, water and yeast).

You didn't know that? They (AB) are actually pretty proud of it. If you take the tour the do go on about all the ingredients, including the rice...in fact, I actually won a prize for knowing the 5 ingredients (and no, it's not beer, beer, beer, beer, and a splash of beer...it's hops, barley, rice, water and yeast).
[/b]

nope, was actually unaware of it, never actually went on the tour - so what was your prize - a free six-pack of budweiser select?

mmmm...this thread is making my mouth water.

Avocado is another thing that really floats my boat!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Diet Pepper seems to be an aquired taste around Napier, don't know why, easily the best Non-Alcoholic Drink out there.
[/b]
As in Diet Dr. Pepper?
[/b][/quote]
Yeah... Forgot the Dr, its strange because all we get around here is the Diet Stuff for some strange reason, and as much as I love the Diet Stuff finding the full on Dr Pepper is like heaven... sadly the only time I have it is on my yearly jaunts to Melbourne.
[/b][/quote]

You ain't tasted anything 'till you taste the heaven that is Irn Bru! :D
[/b][/quote]
that's up there with anchovies. [/b][/quote]

Yeah! Anchovies are among the best things ever! The saltiness is incredibly wonderful! And that other taste that actually comes from the eating of the little fillets which I can't really describe.

Oh yeah, and once again, AVOCADO has been added to my list.

I actually won a prize for knowing the 5 ingredients [/b]
And the prize was ... a case of Duff?

Avocado with ground black pepper is great. But that's not an acquired taste.

What about garlic? Take it raw and it's a wonder food - but people run away because it stinks. Good breakfast for two: slice a ciabatta in half and spread olive oil on the inside, then grill the pieces until they get crispy. Rub a clove of garlic into the crispiness - the clove will melt under your fingers - and eat with a jug of hot black coffee. Healthy, and a bit sexy.

No...I was made honorary brewmaster...but that doesn't really get you paid or laid.

Budvar is a good drop, anything out of Czech is rock solid

Carlton Draught > All

keep talking ingrediants folks
call me all ingredients has fermented, into the final product vat...pints or schooners, just bring it
cheers

Well I thought i'd share with you some acquired tastes that really make life that bit more enjoyable for me.

I really look forward to eating these whenever I can
  • Anchovies
  • Capers
  • Olives
  • Caviar
  • All different kinds of cheeses
I've been told time and time again by countless people how bad these are?! THEY ARE IDIOTS! I know they are acquired tastes, but people don't give them ago. Although I guess some people truly don't like them at all.

All the same, I think they are wonderful. Truly one of life's great joys.

So what acquired tastes do you really appreciate? What floats your boat? [/b]

Apart from the cheeses, those tastes are somewhat of the acquired variety.

<div align="center">
250px-Habanero_closeup_edit2.jpg

Habanero Chile</div>

Latest posts