• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Actual release date ?

K

knowsleyroader

Amazon.co.uk has the game down for release on all platforms on March 4th.

Is that a worldwide release or are Australia / NZ different ?

Do we think the release will slip ?

Seems the beast is pretty well complete so this date should be the correct one......

From NZ Gamer...

13 Jan 2005
Electronic Arts today announced that EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 2005 will be released on March 24th. . .

NZGamer will get a chance to play EA's latest offering February 16th.

NZ Gamer

24th of March from GPStore (NZ)
8th of March from GPStore (AUS)
24th of March from Gamesman (NZ) for PS2 and PC
21st of March from Gamesman (NZ) for Xbox
10th of March from Game Station (NZ).

Someone said it would be released in time for Super 12 in the SANZAR countries.

I'd say the 24th of March looks likely, the ones that have it earlier may not be as updated as the other ones.

And I couldn't see why there might be a 16 day delay between AUS and NZ, they're probably just not updated yet.

I think as long as it doesn't fail the testing we can say sometime in March.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 15 2005, 08:44 AM
Do we think the release will slip ?
Well it looks like it's about to go to the relevant places for testing, so if it fails it will be delayed I guess.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 15 2005, 09:43 AM
21st of March from Gamesman (NZ) for Xbox
<

Damn, i thought it would be out at the start of March - anyway. At least it doesn't look like being delayed.

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 15 2005, 11:34 AM
At least it doesn't look like being delayed.
I wouldn't rule that out, I'd say the major cause of delays is from testing which it looks as if it is about to go into (at Sony and Microsoft).

Have to agree, I think release dates are based on games getting straight through testing. If the game fails then unless they can get a very quick re-submit then its likely the game would be delayed.

I honestly think that the game will be delayed & we won't see it until mid April IMO.

I also think that the xbox version will be a week or two after the ps2 & pc release date. Hopefully i'm wrong though!!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jan 16 2005, 01:24 AM
I honestly think that the game will be delayed & we won't see it until mid April IMO.

I also think that the xbox version will be a week or two after the ps2 & pc release date. Hopefully i'm wrong though!!
Oh well, if they do we'll play the demo
<
(if it comes out
<
)

if testing is meant to delay the release of a game tho, how come R2004 wasn't delayed until 2006 (as it would take that long to sort that mess out!)

EA might just wave a few crisp dollars in the the tester's faces to get this game passed and shipped without much hassle... hope not, but how else did the last one get through?

Testing relates purely to bugs and nothing to do with a games quality. I believe a lot of it relates to saving to memory cards and making sure there is no corruption. Also making sure that the game doesnt hang in any of the menu's etc.

As I have said before EA will release a game when it proves financially beneficial, i.e it is not financially viable to spend any more time working on a ***le in relation to the revenue they expect to get from a ***le. EA is largely not concerned with the quality of a ***le up to a point.

They would release a bag of crap rather than lose money on a project, were other companies would either delay or review the project in its entirety.

Went in to EB Games today and they've got a release date for March 9th for the States.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 16 2005, 02:11 AM
Testing relates purely to bugs and nothing to do with a games quality.
And you're telling me that Rugby 2004 didn't have bugs?

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 22 2005, 11:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 22 2005, 11:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 16 2005, 02:11 AM
Testing relates purely to bugs and nothing to do with a games quality.
And your telling me that Rugby 2004 didn't have bugs? [/b]
No. It's got dust from not being played.

Bugs as in the game locks up or it corrupts memory cards etc. Bugs relating to gameplay i.e it doesnt play how you want it to are not Sony / Microsofts concern.

for people in canada or states rugby 2005 will b available at wal-mart march 9th for 36.05 thats what it says on the wal-mart site

I phoned 3 gamestation (uk) stores and they all said it was gonna be released on the 11th of Febuary

Originally posted by richllew@Jan 24 2005, 12:32 AM
I phoned 3 gamestation (uk) stores and they all said it was gonna be released on the 11th of Febuary
yes ea .uk homepage says 11th march

Latest posts