• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Adidas Predators

• Thread starter Canadian_Rugby_Guy
  • Start date
C

Canadian_Rugby_Guy

So I'm thinking of saving up to buy a pair. But I'm not sure if it's really worthwhile, do any of you know if these boots are any good? Or are they just a lot of flash? look at them here

Predators are definitely the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. However, it really all depends what style of game you play, whether you go for Preds or not.

I'm a winger, so I've got a pair of Nike Mercurial Vapors for speed, but kickers usually go for Preds cos they've been designed with kicking in mind (being Association Football boots and all that, and having a certain D. Beckham as their major endorser).

Then of course there's the Nike Air Legends, as worn by many of the French team, and Lawrence Dallaglio. They're quite hard-wearing, and look very traditional (if you go for the black/white ones). Not particularly designed with any style in mind, they're very much a boot for all tastes.

I played in a match a few months ago where the ref didn't let the opposite OH play because he was wearing predators. can't remember the exact problem was, but the guy was pretty ****** off as he had just bought them!

Originally posted by stevemagoo@Mar 9 2006, 10:33 PM
I played in a match a few months ago where the ref didn't let the opposite OH play because he was wearing predators. can't remember the exact problem was, but the guy was pretty ****** off as he had just bought them!
maybe his predators had a toe spike on them

I used to have a pair of preds and founds them very good for rugby and football, they have a great bit of power behind them. For kicking great but i found them too clunky and have now got a pair of vapors, at fly half its a bit unconventional but i need them for speed and being a striker in football.

BM

Can't stand Vapors personally, much more of an Adidas boot man. Predators are very good, you just have to be careful when buying them for rugby, as certain types of studs or blades aren't allowed.

^yup exactly

i might get some gold vapors!

i already have shiny silver preds!

i know very flamboyant..

Originally posted by stevemagoo@Mar 9 2006, 10:33 PM
It will have been because of the blades on them. IIRC, they've been banned recently by the IRB as they can cause serious injuries if used recklessly in rucks etc. However, you can get the same boots with round studs. They clip into the same slot on the sole of the boot so you can interchange between long blades, short blades or round studs depending on the game you're playing and the ground conditions.

The main reason i probably got the vapors for flamboyancy, along with the under armour and gloves. If you look sort of confident in your ability you have that edge over your opponent, also the vapors are megalight and are great for footy.

Although i have to admit, if you catch the ball wrong or a loose stud, bugger does it hurt.

BM

i used to have a Champagne coloured pair of Predators a couple of years ago. i got threm for free as our sponsor was a sports shoe shop and we got to choose any boot we wanted. it looked rediculous though, i was a blinside flanker with white boots.

the last boots i owned were Nike Air Zoom ones. the ones that stacey jones and andrew johns wear. i was the goal kicker for our team so i found having the lacers on the side gave a much bigger striking point when taking shots.

haha i love my silver ones

i like to remind myself of gavin henson

i also have under armour..(red, black, and gray! longsleeves)

So I take it most of you are in favour of the predators. I also take it that they can come in a version where you can exchange the studs?

Yep, if you get the Soft Ground version, you get a stud key so that you can pull out the old set of studs and clip in a new set :)

I don't think you can studs for those in plastic. I know you can get those toks or cleets as you know it in multistud.

Latest posts