• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Admins/mods, you gots it all wrong!

N

Nidhogg

So I'm reading this thread about England vs. France, and I post a reply to a french member about how the French team will win anyway, regardless of Poitrenaud playing or not playing.

A moderator/admin comes along, and deletes my post (From this I assume that small posts/remarks in non-english are not allowed)

But then I see my nationality is changed from Afghani to French. Because I speak french? Some people who aren't french can speak french you know, it's called edumacation: :ph34r:

edumacation.jpg

I'm not really Afghani either, but that's another story :rolleyes:

PS: All of the above in good humour, I actually thought it was a pretty smart conclusion to make.

If your post was only a few words long, then it was probably regarded as Spam. A lot of people that are new just spam away to get ten posts. So all shorter posts are read more careful by mods.

I was over the 20 post barrier anyway. I get the delete, it's the nationality change I find funny :p

It's not usual policy to change any profile information unless it is regarded as being offensive. If someone did tamper with the information then I have no idea why.

Perhaps if someone did they could say why they did it. Otherwise it could simply be down to a bug in the system or a mistaken button press at either your end or ours.

Well, it was set to Afghani, and then it became French... after I posted in french :p Quite a coincidence, no?

I'm grossly offended, me, French? In all seriousness, I really don't care what my nationality is set to.

This needs to be checked out obviously. It's the first time I have ever heard of it and if it's a system error then the system is too damn clever whilst at the same time being rather dumb!

T'was me that changed it actually, I was fed up of every thread I looked in having that bloody Afghan flag on each post.

Dunno who did the pruning though.

I deleted the post, if you want to post on the match in French there's a topic in the international forum.

Latest posts