• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Admit?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hey, friends - just a few follow-up thoughts from a great weekend...

Six Nations can be the most exciting tournament in the world, in my opinion. However, part of the excitement comes from being surprised, from outcomes not going according to plan.

My beloved Patriots are the masters of this - doesn't matter how long the "experts" have to predict what our game plan will be, they are always wrong (and so am I, obviously.) Just a month or so ago, I foresaw us losing the AFC Championship badly, then imagined us getting blown out in the Super Bowl. Nope. Another ring for #12.

In other words, being surprised (especially by the team you like) is what makes these games so great. And this weekend, the Six Nations was BORING. EVERYthing went exactly as predicted. Usually, with three games, you can expect at least one "Whoa!" moment. Not this weekend.

Long story short, I've heard a lot of people busting on Super Rugby lately (more in podcasts than here, obviously), but this past weekend, I'd argue that every single SR game was better than any of the 6N games.

OK, rant over. It may just be that I'm ****** to discover how far behind the Scots are. Oy vey!

I really dont get what you are on about. Wtf do the patriots have to do with 6 nations and what dows the fact that the favourites won their games have to do with it being boring?

Maybe someone needs to appreciate deeper parts of the game....

Hey buddy - fair play, I do tend to go on after a few drinks...

I guess I was just saying it was a boring round of 6N, and a good round of Super Rugby.

Definately wasnt boring. Some world class defence by the Welsh. Some great tries scored by most of the sides that played. Just because the end results turned out as expected doesnt mean the journey did throw up a few what ifs....especially the Wales Scotland game.

Definately wasnt boring. Some world class defence by the Welsh. Some great tries scored by most of the sides that played. Just because the end results turned out as expected doesnt mean the journey did throw up a few what ifs....especially the Wales Scotland game.

I think Dave was just comparing (subconsciously or not) to the first few rounds when we had great contests that resulted in an upset to the pundits predictions... particularly Ireland vs England and Wales vs England. There is no doubt that for neutral observers that results that go against the status quo are more exciting.

I think Dave was just comparing (subconsciously or not) to the first few rounds when we had great contests that resulted in an upset to the pundits predictions... particularly Ireland vs England and Wales vs England. There is no doubt that for neutral observers that results that go against the status quo are more exciting.
Well said, buddy... and to be fair to OJ's comment, heck yeah, Wales is playing some great defense!

Latest posts