• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

advanced lineouts

M

moggy

Hi

im trying to do the challenge where you have to throw to the front, middle and back but cant seem to complete it.

how do i use the advanced lineout controls on the pc?

cheers
moggy

Its kind of like Rugby 06 but instead of pressing the D-pad you have to use the right analogue

I have a logitech dual action controller but I'm not too sure if I'm doing it right. I press 2 to jump forward, then wait when the player is up in the air, then push the left analogue stick forwards.

I also noticed that when throwing to the middle you have to wait much longer.

Thanks i shal give that a go, i too have a logitech controller...i think its the cordless rumble pad II

It works as follows:

for a front jumper, button 2 just push the stick forwards

for middle jumper pull the stick slightly back just so the hooker pulls the ball behind his head and then when you press button 3 wait a mili second and then push the stick forwards.

For back jumper or button 4 pull the stick all the way back and then press the button and throw literally at the same time.

You can however trick the opposition (if it is human it works better) by doing a middle throw (pulling the stick slightly back) but jumping with the front jumper as he can also catch it.

This makes it stupidly easy to steal opponents ball from their throw however.

Cheers :)

It works as follows:

for a front jumper, button 2 just push the stick forwards

for middle jumper pull the stick slightly back just so the hooker pulls the ball behind his head and then when you press button 3 wait a mili second and then push the stick forwards.

For back jumper or button 4 pull the stick all the way back and then press the button and throw literally at the same time.

You can however trick the opposition (if it is human it works better) by doing a middle throw (pulling the stick slightly back) but jumping with the front jumper as he can also catch it.

This makes it stupidly easy to steal opponents ball from their throw however.

Cheers :) [/b]
Thanks heaps mate, now I understand :)

But yeah, it is very easy to steal the ball from lineouts as you can see the hooker about to throw.

i still cant get it to work withthe sticks or dpad, it only seems to work with the buttons 4, 3 and 2

any other suggesions?

[/quote]
Thanks heaps mate, now I understand :)

But yeah, it is very easy to steal the ball from lineouts as you can see the hooker about to throw.
[/quote]

Try playing as Romania or Tonga against France, South Africa or England. Good luck :cheers:

Still cant seem to get it to work, if i press button 2, 3 or 4 the lineout gets thrown and the jumper jumps.

ive tried a few times with the sticks and still nothing

This might be a stupid question but have you changed the lineout settings to advanced? It doesn't do it automatically you have to change them through the control setttings same with the offload settings.

If you have already done this well than I don't what could be wrong. I use a Ps2 controller to usb and the controls are the same as on Ps2. To throw I have to press the D-Pad and to receive I have to use the buttons on advanced lineouts.

By the way, when the positions get highlighted (Front, Middle, Back), does that mean that it will throw to Middle when Middle is highlighted?

no i dunno why it lights up but you can throw to whoever you want.

if when you press the button it throws to that jumper you dont have advanced lineouts selected

Latest posts